• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How is White already better? You just hype up any transfer so I can’t take you seriously.

Holding had the most minutes in the 3rd best defence in the league last season, Ben White was the 3rd best CB in a awful Brighton team. There’s levels to this. This is another scam transfer we’re getting use to.

What do you mean how is White already better? Defensively they're pretty on par. On the ball and passing with both feet wise White is infinitely better. There's not even a debate.

Therefore for the way we want to play right now White is quite simply better.

Are you really trying to tell me that a guy who has been here for almost 5 years now and given us NOTHING, proven NOTHING and added NOTHING whilst watching us slip down the table is worthy of starting here? Give it a rest.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What do you mean how is White already better? Defensively they're pretty on par. On the ball and passing with both feet wise White is infinitely better. There's not even a debate.

Are you really trying to tell me that a guy who has been here for almost 5 years now and given us NOTHING, proven NOTHING and added NOTHING whilst watching us slip down the table is worthy of starting here? Give it a rest.

Loving the hyperbole when he's won an FA Cup final, was missed by Emery when he got injured and was played along Luiz when possible.

Holding is not perfect, but trying to make him look like a relegation tier defender is laughable.

White hasn't kicked a ball for us, he MAY be a better fit, but he could also be the second coming of Mustafi. Again, you're treating things as consumate facts when it's just your opinion.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Rob Holding started and won 2 FA Cup finals for us, how is the giving nothing? What has Ben White done his career other than get relegated? Holding was playing the CL when he was that age (not 100% sure of this but f it sounds right)

Holding is better in pretty much every aspect of a CB, who cares about a CB passing anyway.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Holding has been decent here, don't know why a lot of our fans dislike him so much.

He's no Tony Adams, but he's also certainly no Mustafi...he's had plenty of good games for us, some in FA Cup finals...and more importantly than that, even in some Community Shields!

El Duderino

Rob Holding started and won 2 FA Cup finals for us, how is the giving nothing? What has Ben White done his career other than get relegated? Holding was playing the CL when he was that age (not 100% sure of this but f it sounds right)

There's absolutely no need try and put Holding down. He's not a Maldini or even a Mertesacker, but he's solid enough.

Mind you, I think White might be good for us, my issue is more down to the fee and it being treated as a priority position rather than CM/RB/AM.

I'm happy with this transfer as long as it doesn't keep us from signing other sorely needed pieces in the squad.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Since everyone is too scared to say it. White is a down grade on Luiz and a waste of £50 Million.

He’s not a better passer than Luiz but obviously had more pace. Is he better than holding? Defensively no, a little less talented but a much more progressive passer.

Will he be the best CB at the club? No. Gabriel and Mari are better than him. He does have much more pace than the rest though.

Were there better options available to us? Yes.
People will make excuses for him as he makes mistakes this season. I’m going to laugh so hard.
Fair play for posting that opinion. Everyone is expecting him to be great largely because of the price tag. The combination of pace, passing and the ability to step out of defence should give us something. Sometimes its the sum of all your parts rather than just one. Its not like you can build a perfect CB robot and play it.
I like Gabriel & I think he will get better. Holding has done pretty well on the whole and Mari is ok not spectacular but certainly fine for 3/4 choice..
Not sure what Artetas plans are next season but if White allows us to push further up the pitch and play a higher line it could be something that changes the whole dynamic?
For all we know he could have been brought in to play DM at times also?
I obviously will be disappointed if he doesnt turn out to be a really good signing.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Woody completely killed it in True Detectives first season.

He's just one of those actors that can act, but just wants to have fun first and foremost.

Honestly it's quite incredible that Harrelson and McConaughey managed to give such great performances when both pretty much smoke weed 24/7.
Wait a second. You can’t comprehend someone achieving greatness while high 24/7? Your name does not check out:lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People will make excuses for him as he makes mistakes this season. I’m going to laugh so hard.
Just like we made excuses for Gabriel? Of course we'll make excuses for these types of players. If you look around the PL you won't see that many 23 year old nailed on starting centre backs. We need to give Gabriel and White time and deal with a few mistakes but also profit from their ceiling when it comes around.

There are also small advantages to having young CBs like them, they have legs and you can play a high line as they're mobile and quite modern centre backs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Holding is better in pretty much every aspect of a CB, who cares about a CB passing anyway.

I mean wasn't he Leeds player of the season and a big factor in why they got promoted? Do you rate Biesla? Because Biesla loves and wants White. I assume you think his opinion is trash as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think Ben White has ever got relegated, to be fair to him :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
@BigPoppaPump I get that Holding is underrated by some fans but he's not good enough to simp for on a regular basis.

Decent defender whos physical with opponents and has leadership qualities, thats about it. I think most of the people who don't like him go overboard just because they know for certain he shouldnt be a long term starter here, if you think he should be you have a terrible understanding of the game. White suits what we want to do.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Since everyone is too scared to say it. White is a down grade on Luiz and a waste of £50 Million.

He’s not a better passer than Luiz but obviously had more pace. Is he better than holding? Defensively no, a little less talented but a much more progressive passer.

Will he be the best CB at the club? No. Gabriel and Mari are better than him. He does have much more pace than the rest though.

Were there better options available to us? Yes.

I was against the move, but if he's an Arsenal player, I will support him. From what I've seen of him he's a lesser error prone Luiz. Less explosive, but less mistakes as well. Think him and Gabby can form a stable partnership.

Reactions: Kav

El Duderino

I mean wasn't he Leeds player of the season and a big factor in why they got promoted? Do you rate Biesla? Because Biesla loves and wants White. I assume you think his opinion is trash as well.

Mourinho rated Marouane Fellaini, don't know what's your point here?

If being the team of the season was such a huge accolade, we would be renewing Lacazette and Saliba would be given a chance at Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

El Duderino

@BigPoppaPump I get that Holding is underrated by some fans but he's not good enough to simp for on a regular basis.

Decent defender whos physical with opponents and has leadership qualities, thats about it. I think most of the people who don't like him go overboard just because they know for certain he shouldnt be a long term starter here, if you think he should be you have a terrible understanding of the game. White suits what we want to do.

As soon as Holding's implants kick in, people on this forum will rate him much more, just watch.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Mourinho rated Marouane Fellaini, don't know what's your point here?

If being the team of the season was such a huge accolade, we would be renewing Lacazette and Saliba would be given a chance at Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Point is the way Biesla plays football is important when thinking about what I said. Comparing to Mourinho, the most anti football manager we've seen, is honestly ridiculous from you and shows the point I made went entirely over your head.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
As soon as Holding's implants kick in, people on this forum will rate him much more, just watch.
A lot of people go overboard on him, and I sometimes have to protect him in my group of friends. I'd say his ceiling is Gary Cahill as Holding is still quite young for a CB. That's decent but not the style we want here starting. Wouldn't mind him as a presence in the squad long term but I think we will eventually get a nice bid if he doesnt start here.

El Duderino

Point is the way Biesla plays football is important when thinking about what I said. Comparing to Mourinho, the most anti football manager we've seen, is honestly ridiculous from you and shows the point I made went entirely over your head.

We play nothing like a Bielsa team, tho? They actually play football, for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom