• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
Nobody is scared to say it people with decent football knowledge just realise he's a quality player with a lot of potential.

If you think Mari is better then that says a lot about you.
Comprehension has never been your strong point.

My comment shows how low I think of Ben White. He’s really not better than Mari who isn’t a very good defender. That’s what I said. Learn to read properly or buzz off.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Comprehension has never been your strong point.

My comment shows how low I think of Ben White. He’s really not better than Mari who isn’t a very good defender. That’s what I said. Learn to read properly or buzz off.

At least learn ball before commenting on a footballer.

Kav

Established Member
Problem with forums like this is it allows any little cretinous comments from anonymous users. Everyone thinks they know ball or that football should be played how they have seen it. There are many ways to play ball. However Ben white won’t go down as a great defender next season. He won’t be good for another 3 years. Hopefully he develops but as of right now he’s not anywhere better than what we already have at our disposal.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Problem with forums like this is it allows any little cretinous comments from anonymous users. Everyone thinks they know ball or that football should be played how they have seen it. There are many ways to play ball. However Ben white won’t go down as a great defender next season. He won’t be good for another 3 years. Hopefully he develops but as of right now he’s not anywhere better than what we already have at our disposal.
Wasn’t talking about you btw, I actually agree.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You can't call people cretins and then sit there and say a signing who hasn't kicked a ball for us won't be good for 3 years :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Kav

Established Member
You can't call people cretins and then sit there and say a signing who hasn't kicked a ball for us won't be good for 3 years :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :facepalm:
You’re a sham of a poster. However I will indulge. Most defenders don’t hit prime performances until 26/27 years. In fact they tend to become very good around 30.

Hence why I said what I said. He’s young as you admitted and he’s still developing so I expect the growth to occur over the next 3 years. Hopefully by then he becomes good but until then he won’t be regarded as a top class defender. He will be a work in progress. That’s okay but to pretend that he’s better than what we have already is purely comical.

Tapsoba,De light, Kimpembe, and Botman are all better defenders than White and are at the same age group. He’s not special. His only real value is that he’s English and he’s got some pace. If he had Kyle Walkers pace that would have been a different story I would be all over the transfer but he doesn’t.

People like you think that once a big team is interested in a player that means the player is better than others at the club. Without considering the various factors applicable to performances and output.

Kav

Established Member
Wasn’t talking about you btw, I actually agree.
I actually wasn’t talking about anyone on this forum. Just a comment about messaging boards in general. The anonymity of it allows for all sorts of behaviour and attitudes. I’m all for free speech but some opinions ought not to be expressed and message boards (also Twitter, Instagram and other forms of social media ) gives a platform for those who wouldn’t otherwise have an audience.

As for the knowing ball. I only know a little and I don’t pretend that my opinions are more correct than others. Positions I have played semi professionally include RB/LB Cb/ Dm. Rw and Lw. I was never a prodigy just had a bit of pace and was very good at making interceptions. I was a crappy passer except on the wings and I couldn’t shoot to save my life. I don’t think I know ball better than others but I know a good defender when I see one. White isn’t a good defender but he’s capable of being one. I just don’t like when people act like this is a good buy and it isn’t. We are vastly overpaying for a player in a position we don’t actually need.

yes Arteta wants a ball playing defender but whites positional play is so poor that Gabriel will constantly have to step over into his pace. Bare in mind that our RB’s and Lb’s are already pushed high and wide so we will be exposed on any counters.

It’s like when Koscielny used to attack the ball and leave that gap behind him. He had the recovery pace but Mertersacker was constantly exposed and had to make premium decisions each time. If Mert went in at least Kos could cover but when the reverse occurred we were exposed. With white the over the top ball he can chase but any through ball that requires him to turn and run will be problematic because of his positioning. At least Holding drops back and doesn’t leave much space behind him. Gabriel also likes to push higher but he’s got the pace to recover and frankly has been the better defender when it comes to blocks and interceptions and key involvements. Holding is better when we are under siege except for the Villa game where I don’t know. He was just being toyed with all game by Grealish and Co.

I digress. White is not the kind of player we should be shelling that kind of money on but it is what it is. I would rather we fix our midfield and maybe RB than spend that kind of money on a CB that is not Varane, Kimpembe, Manolas, De Light (who makes a few mistakes himself), Tapsoba, Botman.

lastly Dunk is the best defender at Brighton and we should have gone in for him but ball progression isn’t his thing and that’s the issue.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Could kind of see a scenario, where we can't get a CM in to replace Xhaka...so Mikel does play Ben White there eventually, keeps Holding in the 11 too.

Would be a little funny, as that would mean Rob is the one keeping Saliba out of the team still, if you think about it that way :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Could kind of see a scenario, where we can't get a CM in to replace Xhaka...so Mikel does play Ben White there eventually, keeps Holding in the 11 too.

Would be a little funny, as that would mean Rob is the one keeping Saliba out of the team still, if you think about it that way :lol:

If he does, expect Mikel to get all the credit, despite everyone saying he's coming here ONLY to play CB or something like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom