• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not gonna lie if we do sign White, we instantly have the option for an amazing 3atb if we actually kept Saliba. Imagine White Gabriel and Saliba in a back 3. Could play that in certain games.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I’m not convinced Saliba is sold if White is brought in. Better chance that Holding is. Hell, I’d try to use Holding in a deal for White.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Pep uses Ederson to great effect. I think a team needs that option to allow space for triangles as there is a danger of pressing to much and being caught out. It's a necessary weapon in the Arsenal.

It's a matter of priorities. Let's get real here, we don't have City's money, nor are we buying players of that calibre, and most importantly, our coach is nowhere near as capable as Pep.

We have more pressing needs when it comes to players, a proper midfield for one, a proper RB for two, a backup LB for three...

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Said it before, but physically he’s not really imposing.

Koscielny was taller I think too, and he was a great reader of the game and very quick got a CB.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
must be ****ing annoying for the club how he squeezed into the Euros squad last minutes & even tipped by some journos to start in a three

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But he was a top CB, not WC. I know what you mean though.

Yeah of course, his reading of the game was second to none. After seeing Gabriel play for us this season and snippets of Saliba I honestly really don't think they'd work together. Especially straight away, they need to be eased in.

White and Gabriel just strikes me as a balanced partnership.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m not convinced Saliba is sold if White is brought in. Better chance that Holding is. Hell, I’d try to use Holding in a deal for White.
I don’t think he fits the profile Potter would want from White’s replacement. But we could surely find 12-15m for Holding from a lower PL side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t think he fits the profile Potter would want from White’s replacement. But we could surely find 12-15m for Holding from a lower PL side.
He’s a good squad option though, Arteta likes him too. Been decent all season.

Think Arteta wants new guy and Gabriel, with Holding and Mari as back ups.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Looks a tad shorter than Stones, maybe same height as Coady.

E3qyaiiXoAI0941

Graelish looking good. Let's sign him instead.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arseblog suggesting Holding could be the one to leave. Still feel Saliba is more likely. But then let's say for example in pre-seson you have Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Holding, White and Mavro all come in, and the coach has to pick 4 of those for his squad, which 4 are stylistically the best for his style of play? You'd probably sell Holding and Mavro, no? But then Arteta does like good reliable characters, and Holding is that at least.

Maybe the plan is to snake Holding, big him up, new contract etc and then BOOM pack your bags son you're off to Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom