• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ornstein ain’t god and I use my own logic. Also clubs have bought players and put them in new position after realising they are better there. I’m telling you if we buy Ben White and play him as CB. We will change is position when he keep getting dominated in the air. He has played rb and is a good ball player. We are not even that great in the air and Holding is our best headerer. So what do you think will happen when you replace Holding with a 6ft CB?

So your LOGIC, believes we will spend £40-50M on Ben White and eventually play him right back. That is quite simply poor logic.

"Rob Holding is our best headerer"

Rob Holding won less aerial duels than Adama Traore last season. Even Digne won 20 more aerial duels. Ben White isn't in Brighton's team to win aerial duels, hence why he has Dunk, Burn and Webster next to him, who are fantastic in the air.

Soucek actually lost the second most aerial battles in the league last season. Its simply because he goes up for a lot of balls in the air. The more you go for the more you'll lose and win. Also depends on the teams playing style as well.

If/when we replace Holding with White we'll be better on the ball, have a player who is far better at reading the game and have a player who is also quicker than Holding. Like I've said previously its about a CB partnership and White next to Gabriel or Saliba has a nice balance to it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Sure, White is linked with arsenal reported by Ornstein, I never deny that which is why I questioned it why are you linked with him by Ornstein instead of others in the more important position.

What about Aouar last season? Why didn’t you sign him?

We aren't linked with him instead of others, we are linked with him as well as others, big difference.

Aouar last season? We didn't sign him because his agent (brother) was demanding ridiculous sums of money.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
We aren't linked with him instead of others, we are linked with him as well as others, big difference.

Aouar last season? We didn't sign him because his agent (brother) was demanding ridiculous sums of money.

So the Aouar saga just prove it that being linked by those players doesn’t mean you will have the money to land them here.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So your LOGIC, believes we will spend £40-50M on Ben White and eventually play him right back. That is quite simply poor logic.

"Rob Holding is our best headerer"

Rob Holding won less aerial duels than Adama Traore last season. Even Digne won 20 more aerial duels. Ben White isn't in Brighton's team to win aerial duels, hence why he has Dunk, Burn and Webster next to him, who are fantastic in the air.

Soucek actually lost the second most aerial battles in the league last season. Its simply because he goes up for a lot of balls in the air. The more you go for the more you'll lose and win. Also depends on the teams playing style as well.

If/when we replace Holding with White we'll be better on the ball, have a player who is far better at reading the game and have a player who is also quicker than Holding. Like I've said previously its about a CB partnership and White next to Gabriel or Saliba has a nice balance to it.
Ok since you are an expert on Ben white. You saying he outperformed all of our CBs last season? Did he outperform Dunk or Webster?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So the Aouar saga just prove it that being linked by those players doesn’t mean you will have the money to land them here.

:lol:

Do people just not see stuff? I can't break it down to people any more. Ornstein usually says something along the lines of Arsenal need to sell to buy or price may be a problem for Arsenal, etc etc.

Here he's saying 40-50M wouldn't be a problem for a player who isn't even high on the list of our most needed positions. That is a pretty key indication that we have a sizeable budget, look at the signs.

The Aouar saga proved that we wasn't willing to give an agent 10-20M for pretty much no reason. Didn't mean we didn't have the cash for the player... We aren't United, we don't chuck money at agents for no reason.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ok since you are an expert on Ben white. You saying he outperformed all of our CBs last season? Did he outperform Dunk or Webster?

Didn't say I was an expert, just saying your logic is very, very strange. White is a very different CB to those two, he outperformed them in certain areas whilst they outperformed him in others. This is why a CB partnership over one good CB is very important.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Didn't say I was an expert, just saying your logic is very, very strange. White is a very different CB to those two, he outperformed them in certain areas whilst they outperformed him in others. This is why a CB partnership over one good CB is very important.
But then why did our defence outperformed their defence if they had 3 CBs who had good season? I know White is different type of CB. We just disagree in whats important for a CB. You think a CB can be good even if he is bad in the air or tackler as long as he is good on the ball. I think you cant be good if you are bad in those two things. And to counter that you decided to go with Ben White being great reader of the game lol. He looks like just another overhyped English player.

Also before someone says why didnt Holding get picked by Southgate. Its simple Southgate is an idiot

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But then why did our defence outperformed their defence if they had 3 CBs who had good season? I know White is different type of CB. We just disagree in whats important for a CB. You think a CB can be good even if he is bad in the air or tackler as long as he is good on the ball. I think you cant be good if you are bad in those two things. And to counter that you decided to go with Ben White being great reader of the game lol. He looks like just another overhyped English player.

Also before someone says why didnt Holding get picked by Southgate. Its simple Southgate is an *****

Is that even a question? :lol:

What makes you think Ben White is a bad tackler or bad in the air? There's a difference between saying someone is bad and someone is just average, you must've watched a lot of him to suggest he's bad at both of those things? I didn't decide to go with that, you're using stats so I also used stats, the stats say Ben White is an excellent reader of the game, he has brilliant intercepting stats.

Holding didn't get picked because Holding is not good enough, he's an average CB who is quite simply mid table.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is that even a question? :lol:

What makes you think Ben White is a bad tackler or bad in the air? There's a difference between saying someone is bad and someone is just average, you must've watched a lot of him to suggest he's bad at both of those things? I didn't decide to go with that, you're using stats so I also used stats, the stats say Ben White is an excellent reader of the game, he has brilliant intercepting stats.

Holding didn't get picked because Holding is not good enough, he's an average CB who is quite simply mid table.
well mr hairspray "I will always defend the establishment" Trippier will play left back for England today and Shaw and Chillwell are dropped. That tells me southgates judgement doesnt carry any weight

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
well mr hairspray "I will always defend the establishment" Trippier will play left back for England today and Shaw and Chillwell are dropped. That tells me southgates judgement doesnt carry any weight

Southgate is terrible, i'm not disagreeing with that.

But do you seriously think any other manager in charge of England would pick Holding?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Southgate is terrible, i'm not disagreeing with that.

But do you seriously think any other manager in charge of England would pick Holding?
Not based on his current career. Too on and off. If he cements his place he will be called up in due time. Wasn't this Michael Keane called up one time?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not based on his current career. Too on and off. If he cements his place he will be called up in due time. Wasn't this Michael Keane called up one time?
Exactly he is talking like Ben is established England international. He got his first call up 3 weeks ago. He is product of good timing and the squad being bigger than ever. Even then he only got in because trent got injured. Keane has 12 caps for England. Holding getting call up next season if he remains a starter is actually very likely

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Rob Holding joined us in 2016, 5 years ago. He's yet to establish himself as a starter here. Please someone tell me why that's going to change? Is he suddenly just going to sprout into life? Ben White is 2 and a half years younger and would establish himself here within 1 or 2 seasons as the main starting CB for the club. Ben White is already better than Holding, by the time he's hit Rob's age he should be a LOT better.

People need to let go of these BS players that have taken us absolutely nowhere since they signed. Holding isn't rubbish, but he also isn't an amazing CB, he's a steady player who should be at a Newcastle or 5th choice at Arsenal.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I remember Ben White putting in a top MOTM performance vs Fulham last season, bullied Mitrovic who's a physical beast, didn't let him get a sniff. Leeds won 3-0.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I remember Ben White putting in a top MOTM performance vs Fulham last season, bullied Mitrovic who's a physical beast, didn't let him get a sniff. Leeds won 3-0.

He was fantastic in the championship.

Most interceptions in the league (116 over the season) Once again he's brought that over to the premier league and is one of the best. Baring in mind second had 101 and then third just 82.

Fantastic passing stats as well, this is his game. He reads the game well, he's clever, quick and fantastic on the ball. Dribbles out from the back, and in general is a massive improvement on what we currently have.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Rob Holding joined us in 2016, 5 years ago. He's yet to establish himself as a starter here. Please someone tell me why that's going to change? Is he suddenly just going to sprout into life? Ben White is 2 and a half years younger and would establish himself here within 1 or 2 seasons as the main starting CB for the club. Ben White is already better than Holding, by the time he's hit Rob's age he should be a LOT better.

People need to let go of these BS players that have taken us absolutely nowhere since they signed. Holding isn't rubbish, but he also isn't an amazing CB, he's a steady player who should be at a Newcastle or 5th choice at Arsenal.
My comment had nothing to do with Ben White specifically. Haven't seen the guy play much.

Was just stating that Holding is as much in contention as other CB's in England squad. I don't rate most of them and I don't rate Southgate selection criteria.

I don't think England call ups are the best gauge for quality, hence the Micheal Keane reference.

Kysus

What's with the "Saliba has to play now" obsession on here?

We are Arsenal FC, a talented 20 year old CB from France should not be expected to be a starter ffs.

In Wenger days people saw him as a not ruthless enough, not getting enough established players in as to not block youth. People constantly complaimed about too much trust in youth.
And oftentimes when we actually did spend people were complaining too.
Nobody wanted Sagna because we had Eboue.

Holding and Saliba are not good enough to be starters(yet) so we get someone better in. Good.
If Saliba wants that starting spot he has to fight for it and show that he deserves it.
Football is a competitive environment ffs

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What's with the "Saliba has to play now" obsession on here?

We are Arsenal FC, a talented 20 year old CB from France should not be expected to be a starter ffs.

In Wenger days people saw him as a not ruthless enough, not getting enough established players in as to not block youth. People constantly complaimed about too much trust in youth.
And oftentimes when we actually did spend people were complaining too.
Nobody wanted Sagna because we had Eboue.

Holding and Saliba are not good enough to be starters(yet) so we get someone better in. Good.
If Saliba wants that starting spot he has to fight for it and show that he deserves it.
Football is a competitive environment ffs

Can't fight for it if he's not allowed to play though. :lol:

The guy couldn't do more on loan either, he's been fantastic at Nice. Hopefully he gets a good run of games this season but with Mikel you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom