• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SK Lation

Of course it was hijacked. Even Brighton Fans think Dunk and Webster were better than White. Meanwhile, AM is all over this midget.

After this being confirmed, bring in Ramsdale and Maddison. Transfers, a club that accepted being midtable, would do.

130m for these three clowns plus Lokonga (who seems to be a great talent tbf). U can't make this up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Of course it was hijacked. Even Brighton Fans think Dunk and Webster were better than White. Meanwhile, AM is all over this midget.

After this being confirmed, bring in Ramsdale and Maddison. Transfers, a club that accepted being midtable, would do.

130m for these three clowns plus Lokonga (who seems to be a great talent tbf). U can't make this up.

It's funny you rate the Lokonga signing, a guy you've never seen play, but you wouldn't rate the signings of White and Maddison. Two guys who improve us a lot. Bizarre

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I would be very happy with this signing but someone in defence has got to go, no? Without European competition how is Saliba going to get minutes to develop? If he's played at LCB he's got Gabriel and Marí ahead of him, at RCB he'd have White and Holding. Either Marí or Holding would have to go, or Saliba would need to go on loan again (which I don't mind, as long as there is a plan to integrate him into the team in place of Holding or Marí next season).

The ideal thing would be to sell Holding, as he could probably fetch some decent value, sign White, and have Saliba back up White. But that seems unlikely seeing as Holding is considered someone important to the club's future plans according to The Athletic... 🤷‍♂️

Hard to figure this one out, one thing for me is sure: please no Saliba as our 5th CB this season, there aren't enough games for him to develop at all. Loan him out if we buy White or sell one of Holding or Marí (can't see the latter, so yeah, loan him out).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There are high levels of delusion on the Brighton forum, but they do seem to rate White. Lots of comments about how Arsenal would be a small club for him; he's worth £55m minimum etc. It felt a bit Hooplehead on there.
It’s every English club though. How is it any difference from some fans in here saying esr is worth 60 million?

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ve not signed a senior English player since Campbell, and even he was free. Why not give it a try?

I mean we’ve wasted 300-400M on foreign players since Wenger left, let’s try something else. I like the idea of someone coming in and straight away slotting in against Gabriel. No waiting 18 months for him to settle in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would be very happy with this signing but someone in defence has got to go, no? Without European competition how is Saliba going to get minutes to develop? If he's played at LCB he's got Gabriel and Marí ahead of him, at RCB he'd have White and Holding. Either Marí or Holding would have to go, or Saliba would need to go on loan again (which I don't mind, as long as there is a plan to integrate him into the team in place of Holding or Marí next season).

The ideal thing would be to sell Holding, as he could probably fetch some decent value, sign White, and have Saliba back up White. But that seems unlikely seeing as Holding is considered someone important to the club's future plans according to The Athletic... 🤷‍♂️

Hard to figure this one out, one thing for me is sure: please no Saliba as our 5th CB this season, there aren't enough games for him to develop at all. Loan him out if we buy White or sell one of Holding or Marí (can't see the latter, so yeah, loan him out).
Saliba is obviously off. Most likely next summer. It will be Holding backing up White and Mari backing up Gabriel.

Saliba won’t extend here either.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We’ve not signed a senior English player since Campbell, and even he was free. Why not give it a try?

I mean we’ve wasted 300-400M on foreign players since Wenger left, let’s try something else. I like the idea of someone coming in and straight away slotting in against Gabriel. No waiting 18 months for him to settle in.

Was saying in the Maddison thread, we haven't actually gone and got an expensive player from within the league since... uhhh.. I can't even remember.

It would be extremely wise to start adding guys like White and Maddison into the side. Yes you also need to find them before they explode. But this is Arsenal, you need to do a bit of both.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Part of me really hopes he's used as a right back.

It's one of the positions we need a big upgrade on and the names we've been linked to have been very underwhelming.

Celik got done so much, that you could likely stick a fork in him and get him out of the oven.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Ben is 50M, how much do we get for Holding and Chambers lol.

Around 15m for Chambers (versatile, 2 year left if we activate his +1 clause), holding likely around 17?

If he ever got called up he would reach 20, I think. Does really well in a back three. Can't remember how much Newcastle went in for him last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom