• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

Wasn't part of the incentive to bring Arteta in was the fact that he'd be a cheaper option.

Yet here we are in talks to spend quite a bit on a few different positions.

Not that I'm complaining, but why take such a risk on an unproven manager just to throw money at the situation?
Because improving/rebuilding our squad atm is more important than spending a f*** ton on a manager

Gn1212

Wasn't part of the incentive to bring Arteta in was the fact that he'd be a cheaper option.

Yet here we are in talks to spend quite a bit on a few different positions.

Not that I'm complaining, but why take such a risk on an unproven manager just to throw money at the situation?
Perks of being charismatic. Just look at his pressers and the praise he gets from his peers and even people from other domains.

Must've made a hell of pitch to the Kroenkes telling them how doomed we are if we don't invest now. 🤣

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wheatley said we offered £45M for White and that was turned down. No chance in hell Brighton turn down £50M, along with some pushing from Ben. I'd be against spending that much generally speaking. But at the same time it isn't my money or any other fans money. As long as the budgets there for two CM's, AM, RB, backup LB and GK then its cool, right?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leeds fans seem giving him so much price and telling our fans that he'll be our best defender and 50m asking price is not surprised because he already good and there still more in his potential

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leeds fans seem giving him so much price and telling our fans that he'll be our best defender and 50m asking price is not surprised because he already good and there still more in his potential

He absolutely didn't show what he's about at Brighton. Being lobbed into 3 at the back after excelling in a back 4 really doesn't help. Won double the aerial duels at Leeds for a reason.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am still so confused by this transfer...he's a good player, but what the **** are we doing?

Wish we had an owner that would just tell Arteta and Edu... "No more CBs, play Saliba or you're both fired."

Finesse

What is the rationale for a possible Ben White acquisition signalling the end of Saliba. Saliba plays and has been playing on left side of the defence all through. Why would a right sided CB spell his end? Are there any direct quotes or credible statements to counter what we have read about Saliba returning to get his chance this season?

During summer we tend to have this first 11 on paper approach to recruitments. I am for a team/squad with at least 2 players in each position to sustain injuries , AFCON , rotation , fatigue and tactical set up. Then they can fight to stay in the team.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Man, I actually hate the state of the club, it's been obvious that White is pretty damn good last year, and I would've bet on it that you'd be making massive money for selling later.

We're simply always too late for the party.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I am still so confused by this transfer...he's a good player, but what the **** are we doing?

Wish we had an owner that would just tell Arteta and Edu... "No more CBs, play Saliba or you're both fired."

I agree with this but after the season he just had it was a back or sack him scenario. They’ve chosen to back him so now they have to let him build the team he wants and if it fails he’s gone.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This makes no sense with Saliba still on the books. Saliba's home grown too.
It does.

(I think the real answer is that Arteta the txrrorist has non-football problems with the young french group but let's not get into that)

Saliba isn't ready to be our first choice, start 38 games in the league CB. He's too inexperienced, might have been different if he hadn't been on loan the last two years but here we are. We need a Luiz replacement, I'm glad that Arteta has recognised that Holding isn't the guy.

White has shown real potential, Brighton's player of the season this year and Leeds' last year. He must be doing something right. Still makes me a bit nervous though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
55m + Nketiah for Tapsoba, if he's REALLY that good, sounds okay'ish.

Tapsoba is honestly next level in my opinion. But like many have said the fee is so steep. They want 70m Euros...

Also White being homegrown is probably quite a big factor. Lokonga if he comes in isn't homegrown, same with Neves. There's an emphasis on teams getting homegrown guys in now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He absolutely didn't show what he's about at Brighton. Being lobbed into 3 at the back after excelling in a back 4 really doesn't help. Won double the aerial duels at Leeds for a reason.
3 at the back offers more protection for defenders but Brighton are open attacking team so he been tested when there is big spaces for attackers and he need to cover

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Memphis Depay Eye GIF by Olympique Lyonnais
Honestly I'd throw the book at this guy but he'd be insane to join us.

You can see that Arteta has tried to force Auba in the middle (as he should) but he just can't get the team to play without that well rounded CF. Can't think of anyone better than Memphis for the role.

Only chance at him joining would be to have a huge summer, the type that has us in the top four race on paper before a ball is kicked and then throw massive wages at him.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly I'd throw the book at this guy but he'd be insane to join us.

You can see that Arteta has tried to force Auba in the middle (as he should) but he just can't get the team to play without that well rounded CF. Can't think of anyone better than Memphis for the role.

Only chance at him joining would be to have a huge summer, the type that has us in the top four race on paper before a ball is kicked and then throw massive wages at him.

Very nice posts recently I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom