• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would rather give Mavro a chance next season, than get Ben White for the kind of money we would have to pay.

If Arteta is in a "back me or sack me season" and I was the owner...he then told me he wanted to spend this kind of money on another CB, I would sack him on the spot tbh :lol:

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Honestly I'd throw the book at this guy but he'd be insane to join us.

You can see that Arteta has tried to force Auba in the middle (as he should) but he just can't get the team to play without that well rounded CF. Can't think of anyone better than Memphis for the role.

Only chance at him joining would be to have a huge summer, the type that has us in the top four race on paper before a ball is kicked and then throw massive wages at him.

Koeman pretty much confirmed yesterday that Barcelona is very close to an agreement with Memphis, so that ship has sailed already

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We've also got to remember the whole homegrown thing is actually fairly important. There's no guarantees we'll get all the sales we want this summer, in fact I'm pretty certain we won't. After signing Lokonga and what I assume will be a non HG Xhaka replacement, lets say Neves to keep it simple, you're looking at having 19 Non HG's on the books.

Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Mavro and Willian being the guys who we will try to axe. I'm guessing 5 of those will be out the door at least but you never know. Either way we can't be signing a Non HG CB, AM, GK and right back as it doesn't work numbers wise.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who are the other two players?

Looks like the Kroenke's have finally woken up. Shame that they've chosen to back Arteta more than they backed Wenger and Emery but the past is the past.

I was trying to work that out. I think ones probably likely to be a keeper. The other maybe the left back? The transfer junkie in me says its Neves and an AM :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Because improving/rebuilding our squad atm is more important than spending a f*** ton on a manager
tenor.gif

Seriously.....in fact tbh it's less the manager/coach and more the DOF or technical director that's important.

That needs to be a heavy hitter that knows what he's doing if we are going down the avenue of throwing cash at the problem.

Anyway we are where we are I guess...

Riou

I don't believe Stan has decided to finally do something either, doubt we will have much money this window tbh...unless we can raise a good amount through sales.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
An England International and home grown premium is to be expected.

If you're getting to the stage of £50m+ being needed to purchase White, you have to start asking serious questions though. That's not far off elite money.

I like White, but given the status of our midfield and RB slots I find it very hard to accept spending this amount of money on a position that shouldn't be a priority this summer.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I don't believe Stan has decided to finally do something either, doubt we will have much money this window tbh...unless we can raise a good amount through sales.

Yes Stan isn't that guy and never will take money out of his pocket imo.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the loan we recently took out was to help in spending quite a bit this summer.....bidding £40M on Ben White is giving me signals that we might drop a moderate amount (not Chelsea levels but maybe something like the Xhaka, Mustafi summer).

Of course the club will have to pay it back and it might be a bit of a gamble on us getting CL in the next two years.

Finally we probably will offload quite a bit but I don't know if we'll get that much.

Last edited:

Riou

Yes Stan isn't that guy and never will take money out of his pocket imo.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the loan we recently took out was to help in spending quite a bit this summer.....bidding £40M on Ben White is giving me signals that we might drop a moderate amount (not Chelsea levels but maybe something like the Xhaka, Mustafi summer).

Of course the club will have to pay it back and it might be a moderate gamble on us getting CL in the next two years.

Finally we probably will offload quite a bit but I don't know if we'll get that much.

Stan has let us fall too much, to think we are a quick fix away from Champions League...we are a Europa League team now, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United are all a good level or 2 above us....I don't think Stan has the drive to get us back to that level tbh, nor do I think he will try as at this point it will cost him too much money.

I remain very sceptical on this transfer, I have no idea what we are doing here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Stan has let us fall too much, to think we are a quick fix away from Champions League...we are a Europa League team now, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United are all a good level or 2 above us....I don't think Stan has the drive to get us back to that level tbh, nor do I think he will try as at this point it will cost him too much money.

I remain very sceptical on this transfer, I have no idea what we are doing here.

Hmm I understand your skepticism and I agree that Stan's actions certainly demonstrate a seeming lack of care (infact it's not seeming...it has been a lack of care).

But I don't agree that he won't have a drive to get us back to that level (that level being CL footie each season).

But at the same time it's complex because he wants us to be at that level because of the money, but at the same time it's like he doesn't want to do the due diligence in terms of actually paying attention to the club so that we are there (in a way it almost sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but I hope you see what I'm trying to get at).

But regardless.....I mean given the bids it looks like we are making (however we are funding it) it looks like money will be spent. But again it's not particularly a sign that Stan is doing anything beyond taking a loan that the club would have to service anyway.

I suppose we'll ultimately have to see as bids are one thing and purchases are another.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't compare, if Días was english and played in the Premier League he'd be the same price as Maguire.

The normal value of Ben White would be around 30-35m, English tax excluded

Thats the point. For that money you can shop around Europe for that level of talent.

Pyres7

As much as I don’t rate Arteta. Maybe he has actually pushed them unlike previous managers ??
Could be, but I think it's more to do with the Kroenke Out protests and the pressure to sell to Ek.

Before that they probably had no idea what our fans think of them.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
50m would make him the most expensive RB of all time... in a pandemic & while not being a right back :lol:

you really might as well just sign a right back

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Who are the other two players?

Looks like the Kroenke's have finally woken up. Shame that they've chosen to back Arteta more than they backed Wenger and Emery but the past is the past.
I reckon Onana is one. Then who could it possibly be on top of that? Neves, Maddison, Isak..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom