• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
White, Gabriel, Saliba, and Mari look like participants of season 6 of Love Island. How are we gonna be taken seriously by Souness and Keane now? FFS, I need some tough looking bastards for my centre backs. Hopefully Holding keeps the Brexit bald cut.

Reactions: A_G

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Stats still showing that Holding can play football and that White is (currently) the weakest of the lot then?

To be fair they are all pretty decent as expected. Saliba playing like prime Beckenbauer in France.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Stats still showing that Holding can play football and that White is (currently) the weakest of the lot then?

To be fair they are all pretty decent as expected. Saliba playing like prime Beckenbauer in France.
I wouldve said that White is the strongest defender?

GunnerShy

Who said its unlimited :lol:

We just have a bigger budget than usual, pretty simple to understand.
So it's really simple to understand. Something is limited (as I said) or unlimited.

You said our budget is not limited. Which would be unlimited.

In reality, every budget is limited. And spending £50m on White will be a large chunk of our net spend. It could be the difference between signing Maddison and Bissouma etc or settling for other targets further down the list. And when we've got a demonstrable young talent ready to play the position with largely better stats and usurp Holding then we should be focusing on getting the best available talents in other areas. Rather than ruining a highly rated young talent.

Barry

I wouldve said that White is the strongest defender?
Actually maybe I'd agree although the dribbled past stat looks shocking, it might just be a bit of an anomaly. Luiz's defensive numbers are horrible.

They don't really fit the narrative about White's ability as this massive upgrade for passing and playing out from the back though, he's just about the weakest of the four...

Someone else said that you can't really trust defensive stats and that's probably true to a degree, there is a lot they don't pick up about controlling the space, decision making etc.

I still think White's a good player, but unconvinced about spending massively on a new CB

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So it's really simple to understand. Something is limited (as I said) or unlimited.

You said our budget is not limited. Which would be unlimited.

In reality, every budget is limited. And spending £50m on White will be a large chunk of our net spend. It could be the difference between signing Maddison and Bissouma etc or settling for other targets further down the list. And when we've got a demonstrable young talent ready to play the position with largely better stats and usurp Holding then we should be focusing on getting the best available talents in other areas. Rather than ruining a highly rated young talent.

Talk about splitting hairs. A limited budget would indicate we are limited to White and maybe Lokonga type signings. Unlimited indicates you can spend whatever you want spend 500m. In reality we probably have a budget of around £150-200M after sales.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What's your take on this out of interest @dashsnow17

Well you really shouldn't judge CBs just from stats, you need the eye test too and White looks like a quick and technical defender suited for an "elite" team.

White and Saliba are both good CBs, if there's enough money then go for it, the more the merrier, if it means you can't buy midfielders then absolutely don't go for it.

I said from the beginning I wouldn't buy a CB, I'd replace Luiz with Saliba and spend money in other areas, but i'm beyond caring now.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Brighton mandem standup....

team-1597331966.54906-the-merry-mandem-woodward.jpeg

Zero bootcuts in this picture. The way the Lord intended.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

After Brexit, stats no longer have free transit across borders.

So, until Saliba sets foot on the Prem, I'm afraid nothing can be done or said...

Brexit means brexit.

Barry

After Brexit, stats no longer have free transit across borders.

So, until Saliba sets foot on the Prem, I'm afraid nothing can be done or said...

Brexit means brexit.

Rumour has it that Edu's been tapping up the May-bot to find the location of her mythical Magic Money Tree.

The £300m savings from Brexit have been diverted from the NHS to the Arsenal War-Chest.

Blimey! Massive if true.

GunnerShy

Talk about splitting hairs. A limited budget would indicate we are limited to White and maybe Lokonga type signings. Unlimited indicates you can spend whatever you want spend 500m. In reality we probably have a budget of around £150-200M after sales.
In which case White is a massive commitment. Up to 1/3rd of the net spend in an area where we are covered. Which is the crux of the argument. Not that the guy is ****. Although even with an unlimited budget, £50m off the back of one decent PL season during corona is not outsmarting the market.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In which case White is a massive commitment. Up to 1/3rd of the net spend in an area where we are covered. Which is the crux of the argument. Not that the guy is ****. Although even with an unlimited budget, £50m off the back of one decent PL season during corona is not outsmarting the market.

When you actually break it down it isnt too bad.

White - £45M
Lokonga - £15M
Maddison - £60M
Xhaka replacement - £30-40M
Bellerin replacement - £25M

Pretty much £170M even with the two monster money signings in White and Madders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom