• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
God forbid! The last thing we need is another weakling who cries in the dressing room when his family members ask him why the team are under-performing.

That & his clattering of Szczesny against Birmingham in the league cup a decade ago are his legacy here 🤣
To your first paragraph: good Lord I forgot about that. Utterly embarrassing.

To your second: disgusting memory. I was at Wembley that day. I also remember seeing the BCFC goalkeeper (was it Foster?) taunting/goading Arsenal fans. Cameras didn't catch it.

Good day out, that!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

To your first paragraph: good Lord I forgot about that. Utterly embarrassing.

To your second: disgusting memory. I was at Wembley that day. I also remember seeing the BCFC goalkeeper (was it Foster?) taunting/goading Arsenal fans. Cameras didn't catch it.

Good day out, that!

Not sure who the keeper was that day but Koscielny sitting there like a eunuch while Lee Bowyer slaps the back of his head was the beginning of Arsenal's banter era.

I hope you managed to make up for that disastrous by attending one of our FA Cup triumphs 😉

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Wasn't part of the incentive to bring Arteta in the fact that he'd be a cheaper option.

Yet here we are in talks to spend quite a bit on a few different positions.

Not that I'm complaining, but why take such a risk on an unproven manager just to throw money at the situation?
Yep should have just paid more for a proven manager who could work with young talented players, especially ones we invested big money in.Not a manager who basically loses all of the value of thes players and wants to spend even more money on a young English player based on potential

MartiSaka

This guy is not good in the air, not great at winning defensive duels, few interceptions and is a reasonable but not great passer (inferior to both Gabriel and Saliba). He doesn't really have any really elite attributes. Inferior to both Saliba and Gabriel in almost all categories stats wise. Brighton fans rate him as their third best CB. I don't get it, why break the bank for him Arteta?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This guy is not good in the air, not great at winning defensive duels, few interceptions and is a reasonable but not great passer (inferior to both Gabriel and Saliba). He doesn't really have any really elite attributes. Inferior to both Saliba and Gabriel in almost all categories stats wise. Brighton fans rate him as their third best CB. I don't get it, why break the bank for him Arteta?
I thought he was meant to be a very good tackler, great at interceptions and fantastic on the ball?

MartiSaka

I thought he was meant to be a very good tackler, great at interceptions and fantastic on the ball?

Inferior to Saliba and Gabriel in all of these aspects - stats wise. Obviously Saliba was playing in France not PL so difficult to compare. I think the clearest thing the stats showed was he isnt better than what we currently have at passing out - he does it at Brighton far less than the other two and his accuracy is considerable lower also.

db10fan

Inferior to Saliba and Gabriel in all of these aspects - stats wise. Obviously Saliba was playing in France not PL so difficult to compare. I think the clearest thing the stats showed was he isnt better than what we currently have at passing out - he does it at Brighton far less than the other two and his accuracy is considerable lower also.
Agree, what does Ben White offers that Chambers does not (except slightly quicker?)?
Both versatile for CB, RB, DM/CM; both good for ball playing; while Chambers is better aerially and cost us nothing. Should buy starting CM and starting RB first before buying another CB.
If we are buying a CB than he should be 24-27, mature, ready to lead our other young CB. But I would rather use Saliba and Mavropanos to compete with Holding, Gabriel, Mari, even Chambers, and I would sell 1 of Mavropanos/Holding/Mari, leaving 4-6for CB that has enough talent for next season :
New mature CB; Gabriel; Saliba; 2 of Holding/Mari/Mavropanos; Chambers for emergency CB as he is used more as RB.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Stats wise... In a back 3.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Surely it's easier to play in a back 3 than a back 4 no?

Easier yes, but in general you've then got two other CB's to contend with compared to that in a back 4.

Passing stats specifically with a team like us where you see a lot of teams sit back against us will always be skewed. Lots of passes round the back etc.

Goonger

Surely it's easier to play in a back 3 than a back 4 no?

Depends surely, on the roles within their teams? 1 might play as more as a sweeper with the other 2 more aggressive, or 1 more like how Tierney plays in a back 3 as an overlapping centre back, roles within a back 3 are much more flexible when compared to just 2 centre backs. Scotland played with McTominay & Tierney as 2 of the back 3 last night for instance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Easier yes, but in general you've then got two other CB's to contend with compared to that in a back 4.

Passing stats specifically with a team like us where you see a lot of teams sit back against us will always be skewed. Lots of passes round the back etc.
Yeah true. But in terms of pass % success should be a decent indicatior.

Personally I'd be all for him for 40-45m but don't know how he would work in 4 at the back. Him with Gabriel? Him with Holding? Don't see that being a top 4 centre back partnership.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah true. But in terms of pass % success should be a decent indicatior.

Personally I'd be all for him for 40-45m but don't know how he would work in 4 at the back. Him with Gabriel? Him with Holding? Don't see that being a top 4 centre back partnership.

Well you gotta think Holding and Gabriel partnership essentially was fairly decent defensively last season. So an upgrade on Holding in White should in theory work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom