• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Spending that amount of money on a position that doesn't need strengthen is madness.

The signing infact weakens us defensively if White replaces Holding just so our build up play at the back improves.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Good player, hope he does well here.

Spending £50m on what is actually one of our stronger areas of the pitch in terms of depth is still an issue for me though.
If all the other positions we need addressing get addressed I'm happy with the White signing. Leave us short somewhere and it's a poor move for me, irrespective of White's talents.

The way that I look at it, there is much more scope for improvements at CM than at CB. £50m for a likely minor to moderate upgrade at CB is a poor use of resources. £50m spent on a Xhaka replacement for example would lift the level of the side much more significantly.
The issue is the order of it. If we were to sign a nice CM and AM then sign White later in the window we would be much more understanding of the situation.

But I get where you come from because there’s no guarantee we do the job in other areas. It would be a departure from the Arsenal we have come to known.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m amazed by the fee. But hopefully he does great. If we can spend this much on a CB it will be interesting to see how much money we actually have

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
3 votes now. Feel like A-M is gaslighting me here, we talk about how much the defensive record has improved in the past season yet people are advocating spending £50m on a Luiz replacement.
I feel you, but the excitement of an incoming player often dilutes the perception of our pressing needs.
I also think we didn't need White with Saliba available.

But by never giving him a chance, I feel we've wasted 28M on Saliba, so if White disappoints then that will surely be one (of many) of the biggest failures of Arteta.

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
3 votes now. Feel like A-M is gaslighting me here, we talk about how much the defensive record has improved in the past season yet people are advocating spending £50m on a Luiz replacement.

I mean, I don't disagree... Specially since - if stats carrying between leagues weren't a part of Brexit - Saliba looks like he'd be a perfect Luiz replacement.

Reactions: A_G

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

CB/RB/DMF capabilities are intriguing as 1st signing.

We might be able to sell some positions more readily as we have some cover already.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There is still backup LB 2 CM's RB AM to buy if we have limited money we won't splash 50M on White so i guess we have cash available and plus we are sure Xhaka Torreira Guendouzi Kola maybe few more are getting sold. it's early but White and Lokanga in Xhaka Guendouzi out is promising start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom