• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So we'll have White, Gabriel, Holding, Saliba and Mari competing/rotating for two spots? Plus Chambers who can fill there as well?

Someone must be on the way out, surely.

Saliba shouldn’t be included. His time here is done.

Arteta will bring him back for pre season but he’ll be shipped out straight after.

LG10

Every pl winning side had an English cb in their line up. The club is looking for the best English cb on the market.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
I suppose with him being HG, fairly young, 'pl proven' and quite versatile even if he does flop he'll still go for quite a bit so we could end up making a good chunk of the money back anyway.

If anything the important part here is that we apparently have quite a bit of money to spend on a position we are ok in which presumably means we surely have a decent amount to spend in the areas we aren't ok in, or at least i'd hope so. I also don't much care what order we fill these positions in as long as they ultimately get filled so not fussed if we buy yet another cb first.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Signing Saliba for 30 million was a really stupid decision looking back on it now.

Loaning him back was the next one.

Just leads to uncertainty, lack of trust etc.

This club sometimes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saliba is only 19 years old too really difficult just throw him to start 30+ games in league few mistakes and people here and on twitter will call him fraud and bum etc.. lol. i'm not surprised by the links we send him on loan again to PL club specially.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Saliba is only 19 years old too really difficult just throw him to start 30+ games in league few mistakes and people here and on twitter will call him fraud and *** etc.. lol. i'm not surprised by the links we send him on loan again to PL club specially.

Saliba isn’t going to sign a contract extension if the club keep jerking him around. I’m pretty sure he will be sold this summer if some team offers €25m for him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

we had 3rd best defense league. still doesn't make us very solid because we make many mistakes.

This is linked to the lack of quality we have in our midfield.

Look at Chelsea for example, they’ve got Rudiger, Zouma, Christensen and a 36 year old Thiago Silva but the quality they have in midfield is bailing them out. Even look at the teams Arsène had, they were balling out with Djourou, Silvestre, Senderos etc at the back because we had technical players in midfield.

Midfield has to be the priority.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I suppose with him being HG, fairly young, 'pl proven' and quite versatile even if he does flop he'll still go for quite a bit so we could end up making a good chunk of the money back anyway.

If anything the important part here is that we apparently have quite a bit of money to spend on a position we are ok in which presumably means we surely have a decent amount to spend in the areas we aren't ok in, or at least i'd hope so. I also don't much care what order we fill these positions in as long as they ultimately get filled so not fussed if we buy yet another cb first.
With Luiz gone we look very light in CB.

Holding gets injured we throw in a 19 year old?

Just bring back matropunis or whatever his name is

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With Luiz gone we look very light in CB.

Holding gets injured we throw in a 19 year old?

Just bring back matropunis or whatever his name is

A 19 year old with three seasons of first team football behind him. People talk about him like he has just been pulled out of the reserves. If he can play regularly for Nice in Ligue 1 he can play league and cup games for us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
White at the moment value is between 30-40M he not at stage to be very very expensive but him being called to euros will usually add 10M to his price tag. look like the interest is serious and Brighton won't stand in his way. Him and Neves is good stuff both under 25 PL experience and still have big potential can't ask for anything better to be fair. i'd still prefer Tapsoba ahead of him but Leverkusen asking for 80M so i can see why we moving for more affordable target.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Actually interested to know whether Ben White has done anything remarkable this season to be worth 40-50m? Last summer, I understand because there was a lot of hype around him when he was at Leeds but what has changed?

Like I said before our transfer strategy is probably the worst in the PL. Arteta wasn’t keen on AMN last summer and Brighton were. He could have offered him in a deal for Ben White when AMN’s stock was high.

I doubt Brighton are keen on AMN now.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A 19 year old with three seasons of first team football behind him. People talk about him like he has just been pulled out of the reserves. If he can play regularly for Nice in Ligue 1 he can play league and cup games for us.
we all knew with mikel he don't trust youngsters much unless he forced to do so like ESR. Martinelli being used very carefully too i think Mikel just want ready made players for now something fans will hate but will understand later.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You see I do agree with this, especially when you look at Fofana and how well he's done. It's why I said a while back I don't think we need a CB at all but then I saw how much worse we are with Holding.

If Saliba doesn't work out, which he may, at least we know what White is capable of.

But if we leave ourselves short in the summer because of this deal we'll look like idiots, again.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Actually interested to know whether Ben White has done anything remarkable this season to be worth 40-50m? Last summer, I understand because there was a lot of hype around him when he was at Leeds but what has changed?

Like I said before our transfer strategy is probably the worst in the PL. Arteta wasn’t keen on AMN last summer and Brighton were. He could have offered him in a deal for Ben White when AMN’s stock was high.

I doubt Brighton are keen on AMN now.

He hasn't been as good at Brighton as he was at Leeds, but the potential is still there definitley.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
We are not going to wait just because he is with the national team. Get this done before the end of next week or move on.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

That isn't how it works. You cant expect Saliba to partner Gabriel and it be an instant success. Especially last season. Recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom