• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Too many variables to make any definitive conclusion from the following stats but interesting none the less.

Brighton in 2019/20 without White:
Goals Against: 54
Shots Against: 13.1pg

Brighton in 2020/21 with White:
Goals Against: 46
Shots Against: 9.4pg

Leeds in 2019/20 with White:
Goals Against: 35
Shots Against: 9pg

Leeds in 2020/21 without White:
Goals Against: 54
Shots Against: 14.7pg

White also averaged 2.50 interceptions in the more expansive Leeds system who played four at the back more often.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I disagree with absolutely everything you’ve wrote and I’m not surprised.
Whoscored rated his CB performance last season 6.60 in the league and has areal duells as his weakness

Dunk in the same team averaged 6.84 and Webster 6.77

Holding league performance average was rated 6.79 and Gabriel 6.73. So anyone can use youtube videos to make a player look great. Even their fans are saying his 2 CBs outperformed. The only logical thing I can see is we want to turn him to a right back. Because this guy build like a winger as your 50 million is pure madness

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Whoscored rated his CB performance last season 6.60 in the league and has areal duells as his weakness

Dunk in the same team averaged 6.84 and Webster 6.77

Holding league performance average was rated 6.79 and Gabriel 6.73. So anyone can use youtube videos to make a player look great. Even their fans are saying his 2 CBs outperformed. The only logical thing I can see is we want to turn him to a right back. Because this guy build like a winger as your 50 million is pure madness

You’re honestly triggering me here. This can’t be serious posting?!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

You only rate him cos he's English, realistically Holding and Chambers are better and we don't need a CB.

Why hasn’t Holding or Chambers been called up to the Euros then? I already know you get a massive stiffy with Holding. In fact non have ever even been considered.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You’re honestly triggering me here. This can’t be serious posting?!
I keep showing you data that he is not that good. You dont even want to take the word of the Brighton fans for it. You have decided he is amazing and you aint hearing anything. There are better video of Silvestre on youtube.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I keep showing you data that he is not that good. You dont even want to take the word of the Brighton fans for it. You have decided he is amazing and you aint hearing anything. There are better video of Silvestre on youtube.

Okay you know what you’re right actually. Let’s just buy every transfer target based off of WhoScored and nothing else.

So can you tell me why Dunk, Chamber & Holding have never been considered for England when their stats are waaay better and they are rated higher on WhoScored?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Okay you know what you’re right actually. Let’s just buy every transfer target based off of WhoScored and nothing else.

So can you tell me why Dunk, Chamber & Holding have never been considered for England when their stats are waaay better and they are rated higher on WhoScored?
I am saying Dunk was better than white last season. I am saying Southgate loves to hide behind Im bringing through young players. I am saying there is no way he has watched Brighton and and thought White is better CB than Dunk. Also whoscoreis better source than fan made youtube video. I am also saying i have seen him play. you just have a hard on for this skinny dude who 6 ft. Our new dominant 50 million CB who cant head the ball

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I am saying Dunk was better than white last season. I am saying Southgate loves to hide behind Im bringing through young players. I am saying there is no way he has watched Brighton and and thought White is better CB than Dunk. Also whoscoreis better source than fan made youtube video. I am also saying i have seen him play. you just have a hard on for this skinny dude who 6 ft. Our new dominant 50 million CB who cant head the ball

I mean you literally said people who do long passes in the air do it to show off and they’re not useful so I don’t know why I’m having this debate. 🤣

I’m basing my opinion off watching both White and Holding, I don’t care about WhoScored or YouTube. The clips are there to show what he’s capable of, unlike Holding.

Impact

Established Member
Arsenal fans are hilarious. We spend years crying about a lack of intentional investment in the team and how we should buy young, hungry, PL proven players that fit our philosophy and the moment we start to be linked with some, none of them are good enough and are current midtable options are much better.

A lot of you need to understand that for their strengths, we are going nowhere as a team if Marí and Holding play anything more than backup roles. Chambers is a RB option for Arteta so discount him bar emergencies. Elite teams need defenders that are assets on the ball and have the pace and nous to defend high, 1v1 and large spaces. The aforementioned (Marí and Holding) can't do it and that's part of why our team has to be so defensive to protect them and why Luiz basically played every minute even when half fit. Gabriel, Saliba and if signed, White all can. It's about evolving the team. These seemingly simple upgrades will have asymmetrical benefits for the wider team and process.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal fans are hilarious. We spend years crying about a lack of intentional investment in the team and how we should buy young, hungry, PL proven players that fit our philosophy and the moment we start to be linked with some, none of them are good enough and are current midtable options are much better.

A lot of you need to understand that for their strengths, we are going nowhere as a team if Marí and Holding play anything more than backup roles. Chambers is a RB option for Arteta so discount him bar emergencies. Elite teams need defenders that are assets on the ball and have the pace and nous to defend high, 1v1 and large spaces. The aforementioned (Marí and Holding) can't do it and that's part of why our team has to be so defensive to protect them and why Luiz basically played every minute even when half fit. Gabriel, Saliba and if signed, White all can. It's about evolving the team. These seemingly simple upgrades will have asymmetrical benefits for the wider team and process.

Stop posting sense. AM did that a while back.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Its priorities though. In general we are not a team that spends big compared to the big spenders. We have serious problem in midfield. we have no attacking midfielder now Ødegaard went back. And we spend 50 million on a CB who had 1 season in the PL. We need a striker, Attacking midfielder and central midfielder. we cant spend 40 million on Buendia, but can spend 50 million on Ben white?

This reminds me of when we were crying out for a striker and the club got Özil. arsenal has history of doing really dumb sh1t

Impact

Established Member
Its priorities though. In general we are not a team that spends big compared to the big spenders. We have serious problem in midfield. we have no attacking midfielder now Ødegaard went back. And we spend 50 million on a CB who had 1 season in the PL. We need a striker, Attacking midfielder and central midfielder. we cant spend 40 million on Buendia, but can spend 50 million on Ben white?

This reminds me of when we were crying out for a striker and the club got Özil. arsenal has history of doing really dumb sh1t

You can only seriously judge that at the end of the window though. We do not know the budget Arsenal are working with, nor do we know the expected fees for the outgoings or even who wants to leave let alone what other signings are in the works.

If come September, we have a new RCB but no AM, then of course we should rightly complain but complaining about how funds (which do not belong to us) are being spent on improving the team (in areas we need improvement) less than a week into the transfer window isn't it, at all.

Judgment is still out on the new regime, Edu in particular but this is his first real summer window (he has had the season to prepare) and we have seen tangible links that shows we want to gut the failing core of this side (Luiz released, Xhaka to be sold, Bellerin being offered out, no new contract being offered to Laca/Elneny with Willian's position already looking precarious) after getting Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis and Kola (albeit temporarily) off the books too. I can get behind that.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Why hasn’t Holding or Chambers been called up to the Euros then? I already know you get a massive stiffy with Holding.
K6UteNZ.gif

200.gif

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You can only seriously judge that at the end of the window though. We do not know the budget Arsenal are working with, nor do we know the expected fees for the outgoings or even who wants to leave let alone what other signings are in the works.

If come September, we have a new RCB but no AM, then of course we should rightly complain but complaining about how funds (which do not belong to us) are being spent on improving the team (in areas we need improvement) less than a week into the transfer window isn't it, at all.
True....a window can be judged only once its closed. But we also say this every window. Its just June, its just July, well we just entered August, teams are busy last week and once the window close we scream foul. Everything we seen so far this window tells me once again we dont have any clear ideas. Also after all this talk I dont see this deal happening anyway and thank god for that.

Impact

Established Member
Why hasn’t Holding or Chambers been called up to the Euros then? I already know you get a massive stiffy with Holding. In fact non have ever even been considered.

Hilarious how much we overrate our lot. You could pick another 5 English players at both CB and RB that didn't make the squad before you even begin to consider the likes of Holding and Chambers (and I like Chambers) for a spot. Decent lads and players but not special, not close to elite.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hilarious how much we overrate our lot. You could pick another 5 English players at both CB and RB that didn't make the squad before you even begin to consider the likes of Holding and Chambers (and I like Chambers) for a spot. Decent lads and players but not special, not close to elite.
Ben white has never been called before 25th of May out of nowhere. Then Trent gets injured to everyones shock Southgate keeps him while being very light in midfield. His selection is not deserved or makes any actual sense. Also rumour is despite playing with 5 defenders England will field Walker as RCB and Shaw as LCB while James and Chillwell wing backs. Now you guys want to use the logical of a man who took Mings, Coday and white to the Euros and when harry gets injured he says I rather play with 4 fullbacks and leave the 3 CB on the bench?

Also when crackhead Southgate was asked why he took for rbs he spoke about how versatile they are and if he could take more right backs he would. Holding is better than him

Impact

Established Member
All the CBs taken are better than Holding, and I don't rate the likes of Mings and Coady. Leaving aside injuries, I'm having all of Gomez, Konsa, Tomori, Dunk, Tarkowski, Holgate, Godfrey, and Smalling ahead of average Rob Holding.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Few worries about White. Firstly he he plays in a back 3 for Brighton, can he play in a back 4 in the PL? Secondly (kind of ties onto the first point), he's quite small for a CB, is he physically dominant enough to play in a back 4?

If this means Mari is off then I'm all for it, but I doubt that's the case and would probably mean Saliba will be sacrificed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom