• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Chambers & Holding have never done anything similar to this in terms of passing range and going through midfield. Saliba can do this to an extent. Doing this in a back four under Bielsa, its quality.

They're not allowed to under Arteta. We play from the back with short passes. Also, those long range passes are drilled in training with advance player locations pre-determined by the coach. If that's what you're looking for from White, you won't see it if he comes to Arsenal because we don't play like that.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Few worries about White. Firstly he he plays in a back 3 for Brighton, can he play in a back 4 in the PL? Secondly (kind of ties onto the first point), he's quite small for a CB, is he physically dominant enough to play in a back 4?

If this means Mari is off then I'm all for it, but I doubt that's the case and would probably mean Saliba will be sacrificed again.

Yep, he was absolutely fine in a back four for Leeds in the championship which is as physical as it comes. No worries there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Few worries about White. Firstly he he plays in a back 3 for Brighton, can he play in a back 4 in the PL? Secondly (kind of ties onto the first point), he's quite small for a CB, is he physically dominant enough to play in a back 4?

If this means Mari is off then I'm all for it, but I doubt that's the case and would probably mean Saliba will be sacrificed again.
they use both 4 and 5 at the back. When 5 he plays on the right and Dunk is the one in the middle. Yeah I can see us playing with 3 cbs and Holding being in the middle and gabriel and white on the sides. I have this formation as its very negative

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

They're not allowed to under Arteta. We play from the back with short passes. Also, those long range passes are drilled in training with advance player locations pre-determined by the coach. If that's what you're looking for from White, you won't see it if he comes to Arsenal because we don't play like that.

That’s fine with me, once Arteta goes we’ll have a new manager who might want that.

Tom349

Luiz played these balls for fun when fit for us.. FFS the agenda against Arteta is out of control.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ever considered Arteta doesn't feel comfortable playing that way because the defenders aren't good enough? Luiz was the closest thing we have to a long ball playing centre back and I regularly remember him making passes primarily to Tierney out at left touch line. I can't remember who it was (City or Liverpool certainly was a big game) we played against and Luiz went off injured and it killed our attacking play.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Holding was our best and most consistent player after Tierney last season. We couldn't keep a single clean sheet without but with him we got plenty and had one of best defensive records in the league despite the lack protection given by the cms.

Replacing the better defending CB for a ball playing CB and this obsession of ball playing CBs doesn't sit well with me.

Or even the possibility of white replacing Chambers, Why? Chambers was absolutely fantastic for us when he was finally given the chance and earned comparisons to Cafu with his exceptional peformances.

If we have 40 or 50m we should be looking to spend this on 2 of Neves, McGinn, Rice, Bellingham and Phillips. As cm is bay far our biggest problem.

Also going on Southgate judgment to validate your opinion? Southgate is the most incompetent England manager ever (yes even more so Mcclaren). We had the best squad since Euro 96, the easiest run in in my life time and we still lost to inferior sides in quality in Croatia and Belgium. We should win the Euros this year if we actually had a half decent Manager but I have no faith in Southgate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Ever considered Arteta doesn't feel comfortable playing that way because the defenders aren't good enough? Luiz was the closest thing we have to a long ball playing centre back and I regularly remember him making passes primarily to Tierney out at left touch line. I can't remember who it was (City or Liverpool certainly was a big game) we played against and Luiz went off injured and it killed our attacking play.
Arteta not being able to coach a coherent attack can’t be blamed on the cbs. Our football is terrible with him and we are one dimensional passing to fullbacks to cross it in

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I remember a handful of games where people were complaining that Leno kept going long and that’s literally because we had Bellerin and Holding in defence who are terrible on the ball.

As soon as Luiz came in it changed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nothing sums up our fall more than the idea that our current crop of CBs are "fine", add to that Leno is "fine", Elneny is a "fine" backup, Lacazette is "fine" because we'll struggle to sign better. "fine" gets you back to back mid-table finishes.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
All the CBs taken are better than Holding, and I don't rate the likes of Mings and Coady. Leaving aside injuries, I'm having all of Gomez, Konsa, Tomori, Dunk, Tarkowski, Holgate, Godfrey, and Smalling ahead of average Rob Holding.

I'd have Holding over all them. Had more good peformances this season than any of them and had a bigger impact for his team than any of the other mentioned.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Nothing sums up our fall more than the idea that our current crop of CBs are "fine", add to that Leno is "fine", Elneny is a "fine" backup, Lacazette is "fine" because we'll struggle to sign better. "fine" gets you back to back mid-table finishes.

At the end of the season didn’t our stats show our defence was actually quite poor and we got lucky? I remember @Trilly reading it in that article that depressed him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arteta not being able to coach a coherent attack can’t be blamed on the cbs. Our football is terrible with him and we are one dimensional passing to fullbacks to cross it in
That hasn't always been the case. We have played some lovely football under Arteta. The issue has been consistency in that play. Arteta still hasn't assembled his own team. Let's give him the chance to put in his own players. Ben White looks to be part of that puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom