• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Inferior to Saliba and Gabriel in all of these aspects - stats wise. Obviously Saliba was playing in France not PL so difficult to compare. I think the clearest thing the stats showed was he isnt better than what we currently have at passing out - he does it at Brighton far less than the other two and his accuracy is considerable lower also.
Didn't look a the whole thing but seems to come out ahead of everyone in defensive duels except for Tapsoba, Im sure I read somewhere his pressures are very good, and I generally have trust issues with passing stats from a centreback. All in all theres not a massive difference between him and Tabsopa but one is in the premiership and one is the bundesliga so Im not sure how comparable the stats are. Obviously the aerial ability statistics are somewhat of a worry, but I think Gabriel and himself can build a fairly strong partnership.

Im optimistic enough anyway if we bring him in that he can improve the team, we definitely need more defenders who go and actually tackle without making mistakes.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Agree, what does Ben White offers that Chambers does not (except slightly quicker?)?
Both versatile for CB, RB, DM/CM; both good for ball playing; while Chambers is better aerially and cost us nothing. Should buy starting CM and starting RB first before buying another CB.
If we are buying a CB than he should be 24-27, mature, ready to lead our other young CB. But I would rather use Saliba and Mavropanos to compete with Holding, Gabriel, Mari, even Chambers, and I would sell 1 of Mavropanos/Holding/Mari, leaving 4-6for CB that has enough talent for next season :
New mature CB; Gabriel; Saliba; 2 of Holding/Mari/Mavropanos; Chambers for emergency CB as he is used more as RB.
I find it strange that Arteta never tried Chambers as the deep midfielder, especially when Elneny was the last resort, good on the ball, can easily drop deep and collect the ball, not easy to shove off the ball and a fairly good passer.

jgirolami

I still remember the days when fans were clamouring for us to sign Chris Samba. :lol:
I still remember the days those types of players were applauded for doing what they did against us, but every time we conceded a free kick it was a yellow card offence For us.

db10fan

I find it strange that Arteta never tried Chambers as the deep midfielder, especially when Elneny was the last resort, good on the ball, can easily drop deep and collect the ball, not easy to shove off the ball and a fairly good passer.
Well its Arteta. Hopefully he wises up as it seems we are stuck with him until he failed again next season. Or maybe thats because Arteta thinsk our natural RBs are so bad that Chambers is the best to convert as RB on the squad. On paper, Chambers at 6/CDM, frees Partey as 8 in double CM pivot or 3 CM formations.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If i see 3 atb, honestly im done!!
This is where I was at as well, but if we had three proper ballers at CB (White, Saliba, Tierney) and quality at wingback (Saka + ...Willock?) then it could work. Puts a lot of emphasis on creativity in the midfield pivot though. Neves has double the chances created than Xhaka so that might be the thinking. Or you put a creative guy in there like Maddison or Aouar.

Doubt this is the way we'll go anyway but I think there are 3atb combinations that could work better than we saw last season

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Remember the news earlier in the summer that Arsenal want to get deals done quietly and behind the scenes? Like in January with Matt Ryan and Ødegaard.

Makes you wonder how many of these links have any truth in them.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its vary rare to win the league without a English/British CB play most of the games.

The only team that springs to mind is City when they had Kompany/Demichelis and Kompany/Laporte as the main pairings. Can't think of any others?

Food for thought...

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'll get behind the signing even if I have a few lingering doubts. He's a good player and definitely can still improve a level or two.

It's just moving on Mavro for under £10m and signing White for around £50m is irritating, just fee wise, even when you factor in the English / International premium on White.

It's not my money but I think the history of Kroenke at the club should make us all a bit concerned that the £50m outlay on White will probably leave us short in 1-2 other positions this summer.

Even if we do Hairsprays wet dream of a window, we should all want to know exactly where the money is coming from. Is it a loan? Is it leveraged against the club? I want to know how this window's spending will impact us the club financially 12-24 months. We can't be just creaming over new recruits or money spent without knowing where it's coming from.

We have a noted tosspot as an owner after all.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'll get behind the signing even if I have a few lingering doubts. He's a good player and definitely can still improve a level or two.

It's just moving on Mavro for under £10m and signing White for around £50m is irritating, just fee wise, even when you factor in the English / International premium on White.

It's not my money but I think the history of Kroenke at the club should make us all a bit concerned that the £50m outlay on White will probably leave us short in 1-2 other positions this summer.

Even if we do Hairsprays wet dream of a window, we should all want to know exactly where the money is coming from. Is it a loan? Is it leveraged against the club? I want to know how this window's spending will impact us the club financially 12-24 months. We can't be just creaming over new recruits or money spent without knowing where it's coming from.

We have a noted tosspot as an owner after all.

It would be peak Arsenal to do a Leeds and fail at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom