• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we start splashing out thousands of pounds on tropical fish for the offices, you know we're in serious trouble :lol:

thierry-henry-5-story-fish-tank.jpg

...can see why Daniel Ek wants to get Thierry on the board, tbh.

Malky

Established Member
never know if the 'versatile' CB tag a positive or a red flag
I'm more concerned that the only "positive" attributes they can list is his speed, passing and durability.
Think White is incredibly over-rated here, his price is a joke, he's never worth more than £40M, Brighton fans don't even rate him as their best defender last season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I'm more concerned that the only "positive" attributes they can list is his speed, passing and durability.
Think White is incredibly over-rated here, his price is a joke, he's never worth more than £40M, Brighton fans don't even rate him as their best defender last season.
Yeah it seems that the main pull factor with White is his ability to contribute and start attacks.

Football nowadays has gotten more complicated and each team is copying another team or philosophy.

What ever happened to signing central defenders who were brilliant at defending first, attackers who were brilliant at attacking and midfielders who were good at everything.

It seems now we want our forwards to defend more, our defenders to attack or at least help with that. Even before we sign sign goalkeeper the first question seems to be is he good with his feet....not is he actually a good goalkeeper eg shot stopping and coming for crosses.

Obviously the game has changes but the basics shouldn't.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Off topic: If you "survive" 6 days you should be fine, right?

On topic: Im pretty sure Ben White condemns smoking.

Problem is the triggers. I still get urges after my morning coffee or if I have an extra beer.

The latter is easier because Ive toned down the drinking by a lot, hardly ever go overboard. The former... Well I'm down to two espressos a day and that my limit of cutting it back. Coffee is just too good.

Token Yank

Even if we do Hairsprays wet dream of a window, we should all want to know exactly where the money is coming from. Is it a loan? Is it leveraged against the club? I want to know how this window's spending will impact us the club financially 12-24 months. We can't be just creaming over new recruits or money spent without knowing where it's coming from.
Honestly, who cares? Supposedly KSE took out a Barclay's loan for the transfers this summer. Rates are at an all time low and club has very low debt compared to other clubs. Although would like to see more investment, from what I can tell they don't bleed the club dry with dividends like the Glazers. Kroenke worth $8bn and his wife the same. I don't think the club is going to free fall into bankruptcy because we spend big to revamp the side. Team needs massive investment and it looks like the ownership realizes this to protect the clubs future value. If anyone wants to help out go out and buy a couple $100 Arsenal kits.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Honestly, who cares? Supposedly KSE took out a Barclay's loan for the transfers this summer. Rates are at an all time low and club has very low debt compared to other clubs. Although would like to see more investment, from what I can tell they don't bleed the club dry with dividends like the Glazers. Kroenke worth $8bn and his wife the same. I don't think the club is going to free fall into bankruptcy because we spend big to revamp the side. Team needs massive investment and it looks like the ownership realizes this to protect the clubs future value. If anyone wants to help out go out and buy a couple $100 Arsenal kits.

I think its natural to be a bit worried when we are trying to loan ourselves out of trouble.

Wozman85

Nah, smokers are repulsive nicotine junkies. I will not go back to that.
I'm not a quitter. Smoking is so cool, that's why i won't stop til my premature death of a lung related illness, brought on by me smoking, and looking really cool whilst doing so.
Did i mention smoking is cool?

Disclaimer: It really isn't and i wish i'd never started, but hey ho, i'm in too deep

Token Yank

I think its natural to be a bit worried when we are trying to loan ourselves out of trouble.
Does anyone here have a mortgage or car loan or just buy straight cash for everything? That's kind of how the world works. Now we finally go to spend and people have issue with the capital structure. Can't really make this stuff up.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Does anyone here have a mortgage or car loan or just buy straight cash for everything? That's kind of how the world works. Now we finally go to spend and people have issue with the capital structure. Can't really make this stuff up.

In the years the Kroenkes have been majority share holders and later full owners of our club, what, if any, of their decisions have made you feel confident we are being well run and on the right track?

People are worried because our "downfall" wasn't a surprise or sheer drop, rather a predictable and steady decline.

If we were a well run club people wouldn't be mentioning this, but seeing our baffling incompetence in the past decade or so, makes it that fans are worried about where this money is coming from and how it may impact our club going forward.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In the years the Kroenkes have been majority share holders and later full owners of our club, what, if any, of their decisions have made you feel confident we are being well run and on the right track?

People are worried because our "downfall" wasn't a surprise or sheer drop, rather a predictable and steady decline.

If we were a well run club people wouldn't be mentioning this, but seeing our baffling incompetence in the past decade or so, makes it that fans are worried about where this money is coming from and how it may impact our club going forward.

Every big club takes out sizeable loans to do this sort of thing at some point. In fact every big business will do it as well. It makes complete sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom