• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

In the years the Kroenkes have been majority share holders and later full owners of our club, what, if any, of their decisions have made you feel confident we are being well run and on the right track?

People are worried because our "downfall" wasn't a surprise or sheer drop, rather a predictable and steady decline.

If we were a well run club people wouldn't be mentioning this, but seeing our baffling incompetence in the past decade or so, makes it that fans are worried about where this money is coming from and how it may impact our club going forward.
True. But I would be more worried if they decided to sit on their hands and do nothing this window because Arsenal wasn't internally generating enough cash to invest. This is business 101. With COVID it is a buyers market. You use the clubs value to secure a loan and purchase assets (players) to create more value for the club (hopefully). Only hope for the future is they have seemed to figure it out with their other teams. The Rams were in the Super Bowl a couple years back, a consistent play off team and probably among the favorites to win the Super Bowl this year. Avalanche were eliminated in RD 2 of playoffs, same with the Nuggets who have been a solid playoff team for 3 years or so.

I would be more concerned if they decided to do nothing instead of taking out a loan to finance transfers. People are acting like it's some crackpot idea to use debt financing when in reality it is finance 101. We aren't Sp**s or Barca who have amassed $1bn in debt. From what I have seen in the past our balance sheet is strong and we can take on the debt load.

Also, Kroenke's assets are usually not cash generative. Sports franchises and real estate usually increase in value but cash flow is not overly strong. Therefore, you usually need to borrow against the appreciating assets for cash. This is pretty standard. But yeah, I guess I would rather no debt financing so we can finish 14th watching Mohamed Elneny 38 games next season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not a quitter. Smoking is so cool, that's why i won't stop til my premature death of a lung related illness, brought on by me smoking, and looking really cool whilst doing so.
Did i mention smoking is cool?

Disclaimer: It really isn't and i wish i'd never started, but hey ho, i'm in too deep
Never in too deep man. I smoked for 19 years and gave up 12 years ago this August coming.

Giving up smoking is probably the biggest investment in your future you can make.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Every big club takes out sizeable loans to do this sort of thing at some point. In fact every big business will do it as well. It makes complete sense.

My point is not the loan, Spray. My point is people are worried because they've seen how we've fallen short for the past decades. Add that to the fact that we've got 3 rookies in charge and people are right to question and have reservations where the money is coming from and it it's being well spent (not singling our individual players, but rather squad building wise).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
My point is not the loan, Spray. My point is people are worried because they've seen how we've fallen short for the past decades. Add that to the fact that we've got 3 rookies in charge and people are right to question and have reservations where the money is coming from and it it's being well spent (not singling our individual players, but rather squad building wise).

Well let's see how it all pans out this summer. I'm happy with the links and bids so far, of course need to wait and see what deals get done!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
True. But I would be more worried if they decided to sit on their hands and do nothing this window because Arsenal wasn't internally generating enough cash to invest. This is business 101. With COVID it is a buyers market. You use the clubs value to secure a loan and purchase assets (players) to create more value for the club (hopefully). Only hope for the future is they have seemed to figure it out with their other teams. The Rams were in the Super Bowl a couple years back, a consistent play off team and probably among the favorites to win the Super Bowl this year. Avalanche were eliminated in RD 2 of playoffs, same with the Nuggets who have been a solid playoff team for 3 years or so.

I would be more concerned if they decided to do nothing instead of taking out a loan to finance transfers. People are acting like it's some crackpot idea to use debt financing when in reality it is finance 101. We aren't Sp**s or Barca who have amassed $1bn in debt. From what I have seen in the past our balance sheet is strong and we can take on the debt load.

Also, Kroenke's assets are usually not cash generative. Sports franchises and real estate usually increase in value but cash flow is not overly strong. Therefore, you usually need to borrow against the appreciating assets for cash. This is pretty standard. But yeah, I guess I would rather no debt financing so we can finish 14th watching Mohamed Elneny 38 games next season.

The thing is, some of us believe they're handing over the decision on how to spend the cash to the wrong people. Incompetent people (Edu, Arteta) who have shown in the last transfer window that their judgement is not to be trusted, nor their skill.

If the club is loaded up with debt this window, we won't have the money to give a new manager if one is needed. It basically means we will be stuck with Arteta unless things so bad that they'll have to sack him and then we'll go through what the Spuds are going through now. No money to spend, no good manager incoming.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Easier yes, but in general you've then got two other CB's to contend with compared to that in a back 4.

Passing stats specifically with a team like us where you see a lot of teams sit back against us will always be skewed. Lots of passes round the back etc.
every defender will tell you it's easier in back 4, and it's logical, since you have an extra guy in

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Whoever made this is trying too hard. For most of those Ben wasn't responsible.
He's showcasing some awful defending there tbh. Not a lot where someone is directly at fault, but the ones where it's obvious someone's not doing their job it's him. Worrying that a lot of the goals in this comp came from crosses or dead ball situations - his defending in those looks like that of a clueless attacker...

Gn1212

He's showcasing some awful defending there tbh. Not a lot where someone is directly at fault, but the ones where it's obvious someone's not doing their job it's him. Worrying that a lot of the goals in this comp came from crosses or dead ball situations - his defending in those looks like that of a clueless attacker...
Almost all of those came from bad overall organisation. If we wanna blame someone it's Potter.
Btw, you can make these comps for pretty much every player in the world. I've seen ones for Dias and Virgil recently. It will never amaze how much time the trolls spend over on Twitter have to run agendas on other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom