• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Even if he is announced today, no chance of playing vs Chelsea in the friendly right?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I guess Ben White is a project player though, I don't think we're expecting him to come in and improving us right away rather than he's gonna be a mainstay for the next decade.

A project player that will vastly improve our game going forward instantly. Will probably be similar in defence which is fine.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A project player that will vastly improve our game going forward instantly. Will probably be similar in defence which is fine.
This is how I view it as well, makes our possession game better which means less time spent defending in the first place. I don’t see him as a guy who is better defensively than anyone we have.

That’s where I was hoping Saliba would come in, he seemed like the guy who you could trust to actually shut down the opposition but 🤷🏾‍♂️

Pyres7

Saliba was already done tbh, no future for him here unless Arteta gets sacked. Might as well give the #4 to White.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Saliba was already done tbh, no future for him here unless Arteta gets sacked. Might as well give the #4 to White.

Considering our squad and how **** Arteta is, come November we will be in the bottom half and he will get sacked, so Saliba has a future here

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This is how I view it as well, makes our possession game better which means less time spent defending in the first place. I don’t see him as a guy who is better defensively than anyone we have.

That’s where I was hoping Saliba would come in, he seemed like the guy who you could trust to actually shut down the opposition but 🤷🏾‍♂️
Yeah but surely you didn’t expect Saliba to be a starter? I think his price tag made people think he was ‘the mbappe of defenders’ but he’s still got a long way to go.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think the club are hoping he will be a more consistent defender/switched on than Luiz, plus he will be better with the ball than Rob (him being faster than Rob, will make a difference for us too) kinda bring the best of what both bring.

He's still only 23, so he can really grow into that role for us too.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I disagree. I think you just hype up any new signing as the next big thing. He’s Brighton’s 3rd choice CB he’s got a long way to go to prove himself.

How can you disagree when Rob Holding bumbles the ball out of defence and can't play accurate long passes off both feet? White is also far superior to any Brighton CB on the ball, which is what we're talking about. So your argument in that sense is fairly wrong.

You really can't sit there and say Holding is better on the ball, because absolutely nothing suggests that is true. Go watch them both play, Holding turns with the ball like an absolute fighter jet whilst White is smooth on the ball, very agile, gangly player which is brilliant.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What game was it last season, when Holding went on that little Bergkamp-esque dribble? :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
How can you disagree when Rob Holding bumbles the ball out of defence and can't play accurate long passes off both feet? White is also far superior to any Brighton CB on the ball, which is what we're talking about. So your argument in that sense is fairly wrong.

You really can't sit there and say Holding is better on the ball, because absolutely nothing suggests that is true. Go watch them both play, Holding turns with the ball like an absolute fighter jet whilst White is smooth on the ball, very agile, gangly player which is brilliant.
Again, I can’t take what you’re saying seriously because you hype up every signing to the moon, you probably never even paid attention to Ben White before but now he’s Cannavaro with Xavi’s passing to you.

Holding is perfectly fine on the ball he passes the ball accurately and well and he’s not slow turning at all. None of what you said about him is true tbh.

Sounds like you don’t even pay attention to the actual game and just follow football for the transfers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Again, I can’t take what you’re saying seriously because you hype up every signing to the moon, you probably never even paid attention to Ben White before but now he’s Cannavaro with Xavi’s passing to you.

Holding is perfectly fine on the ball he passes the ball accurately and well and he’s not slow turning at all. None of what you said about him is true tbh, sounds like you don’t even pay attention.

I will let you see how wrong you are during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom