• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Ben White

Worse Deal?

• Ben White for £50m

• Harry Maguire for £80m

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I edited the post before you replied there’s some more there for you.

Dude, like I said you'll see how wrong you are during the season. Holding is a bigger build, he's not as agile and often isn't quick on the ball. He's slow and not very progressive. White is much quicker, more agile and releases the ball quicker. Also the added bonus that he's excellent off both feet.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Dude, like I said you'll see how wrong you are during the season. Holding is a bigger build, he's not as agile and often isn't quick on the ball. He's slow and not very progressive. White is much quicker, more agile and releases the ball quicker. Also the added bonus that he's excellent off both feet.
Again none of this is true. You don’t rate Holding but you don’t actually know his flaws so you’re making this stuff up, you should actually watch football instead of just transfer news.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That @fifteentrees that they are crediting in that tweet...wonder if they know @Tree Points

They are a United fan too :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Again none of this is true. You don’t rate Holding but you don’t actually know his flaws so you’re making this stuff up, you should actually watch football instead of just transfer news.

I fully expect you to be doing the biggest U turn in AM history when White is starting and looking 100x better for us. Clearly don't know ball but that's fine, we can all teach you.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not the sort of transfer that really gets you hyped at the time.

At this stage of his career he's no better at the basics / art of defending than our current crop of CB's.

You're buying potential and ball playing ability.

I think in 3-4 years time we'll probably look back on this deal as a good bit of business though.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Why do we take so long to announce new signings compared to other clubs? It annoys me a fair bit to be honest. Surely Benny White is an official signing by now?

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Why do we take so long to announce new signings compared to other clubs? It annoys me a fair bit to be honest. Surely Benny White is an official signing by now?
I honestly don't know, it's pathetic and pisses me off.

Just announce the player you ***** edu.

He's the only other CB in the league that can ping an 80 yarder like VVD.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Not the sort of transfer that really gets you hyped at the time.

At this stage of his career he's no better at the basics / art of defending than our current crop of CB's.

You're buying potential and ball playing ability.

I think in 3-4 years time we'll probably look back on this deal as a good bit of business though.
You mental? He's a clear upgrade on Mari and Holding who are both Garbage.

C'mon now man.. Mari and Holding are championship quality

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You mental? He's a clear upgrade on Mari and Holding who are both Garbage.

C'mon now man.. Mari and Holding are championship quality

White is a decent defender at this stage of his career, nothing more.
If you could hypothetically partner both Holding and White with Gabriel (for example) over the course of the 38 games next season which pairing would concede less? It's probably 50/50 . I'd maybe even give the edge to Holding and Gabriel at this stage of Whites career.

Some fancy YouTube highlight reels aren't going to sway me on White.
He's rash at times and struggles with some fairly basics defending occasionally.
I'm not knocking the guy, he's a work in progress. He's got real talent and the bonus of being really good on the ball, he's just got to iron out some flaws in his defending, which I'm sure he will do given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom