• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Pavard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I don't know if Pavard alone is enough to sort out our CB issues, but one thing I'll say about him is he comes across as extremely self-confident and ambitious. He looks very sure of his ability and he'll probably go very far in his career.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's also said previously that Real is his dream destination, so he's no shrinking violet.

HBL

Established Member

I don't know if Pavard alone is enough to sort out our CB issues, but one thing I'll say about him is he comes across as extremely self-confident and ambitious. He looks very sure of his ability and he'll probably go very far in his career.
Pavard/Diallo, Koscileny & Koulibaly :D

Toby

So, two of his positive attributes are surely his confidence ambitiousness, as @dashsnow17 already said.

a couple of other are:
+ speed and agility
+ good passing of all ranges
+ intelligence and awareness
+ good in 1 vs 1, great tackler
+ aerial strenght, although "only" 1.86m
+ mentality and focus; he doesn't shut down in low pressure situations or towards the end of games; he doesn't care about slight injuries as broken noses
+ in general good positional play, know most of the times when to stay back or when to commit to a duel
+ tactical understanding: he's been able to comfortably play in a back 4 and back three as right or central CB, as well as RB, although he lacks the power going forward to really play that position

- lacks experience
- sometimes still a bit rash, but his speed and ability to tackle without outrightly fouling helps him in that regard
- he could put on a couple of kilos, strenghten physically and work on his balance; sometimes he's still too much of a lightweight when hassling for the ball

There are really not too many negatives to him. He's an absolute gem and will become a top player. If L. Hernandez gets his way of playing for Spain, it's very likely Deschamps will take him to the WC in Russia.

He's surely not the master solution to Arsenal's defensive fragility, but he'd be the perfect successor for Koscielny. He's proven he can play alongside a range of stylistically different CBs, no matter if they're more aggressive or rather static, good passers or average passers. You could easily pair him with Mustafi, Koscielny, Chambers or someone like Mertesacker. He's just an already very rounded out player.

For anyone that's interested, Stuttgart play Leipzig in half an hour (15.30CET/14.30UCT) and Pavard will definitely play.

Toby

Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary for him today, one of his calmer games. Still a very solid game in a solid defence that kept a crucial cleansheet against Leipzig's quick but slightly unfocused attack.

In comparison to Badstuber, his partner for today, who struggled with Leipzig's pace as well as with his own passing and looked shaky at times, Pavard surely had the better game. I remember one tight situation he could've handled a bit better, but nothing more of the sort. Not spectacular or imposing today, but absolutely solid and free of mistakes. Could expect nothing more from a young CB.

Toby

Michael Reschke, Stuttgart's DoF, talked about Pavard and a possible transfer this summer. The article mentions interest from Tottenham and Bayern, but Reschke confirms they want him to stay for next season.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/reschk...ht-mal-die-tur-offnen-ldquo-/view/news/303192

"He's clearly on the trajectory from exceptional talent to international top player. Thus we're currently the ideal club for him - and he feels it, too. If at some point in the future a european top 10 club shows interest in signing him, we'll sit together and discuss it seriously. Benjamin knows that, and his agent does so, too."

"But if a club believes they can sign him this summer for a fee of 30m, they're wrong. We wouldn't even open the door for a talk. Benjamin is at the heart of our team. And we definitely want to see him in VfB colours next season."

Toby

This all makes me think he's going to stay another season.

a) He seems settled, happy and is well appreciated at Stuttgart, club and town. We did pay 5m, but we took him in when he was deemed surplus to requirements by the then Lille coach, and since then he's been a guaranteed starter.

b) He's progressed very well over the last two years, no matter how the team performed. Seems to be a good spot to grow for him here.

c) He's recently signed a contract extension until 2021. If you'd expect him/if he intends to leave this summer, why extend a contract that's running until 2020 already, doesn't make a difference if it's 2 or 3 years remaining, the trouble only starts when it's 1 year or less.

d) The quite offensive remarks towards a transfer not happening this summer, including the player and his agent in it, which to me makes it seem as if things between all parties are quite settled right now.

Seems to me, that, on top of a nice payrise in the new contract, there's probably an agreement between club and player, that he'll stay on for the next season if Stuttgart don't go down, which is good for both parties - the player is developing great here without too much pressure and a starting spot, and the club profit from his quality - and in 2019 he can sign with a top club for a hefty fee with two years remaining on his contract.

Toby

Some reliable things on Pavard:

https://www.transfermarkt.de/pavard...mpions-league-spielen-ldquo-/view/news/309756

Asked on whether he will stay at VfB Stuttgart, he said: "I can't promise anything. If I promise to stay and then don't, fans all over the world will hate me. Still, I want to play in the Champions League. I'm not hiding that."

"My agent and I will take our time. First thing ahead now is the World Cup. We have our ideas. It's about the Champions League. We don't want to have pressure on us and we want to decide quick."

He just extended his contract in December until 2021, no release clause, asking price in excess of 30m €, very likely in the region of 40 to 50. Stuttgart want him to stay, but he officially has a sort of gentleman's agreement with DoF Reschke, that if a european top club is interested and meets Stuttgart's financial valuation he is allowed to leave. Reschke has spoken highly of Pavard, his agent and very transparent and open talks between all factions.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...er-werden-vfb-wohl-verlassen/view/news/309820

Michael Reschke is still convinced Benjamin Pavard will stay at Stuttgart: "That's what we assume - because there are no enquiries, no negotiations and no new situation."

Regarding Pavard's statements above: "The statement is absolutely alright. It's in the spirit in which we've always held our talks. He's played a top season for Stuttgart so it's clear he's in the focus of international top clubs."

The article then lists Arsenal, Bayern and Dortmund as interested.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Also Arsenal interested in a commitment of @ BenPavard28. But: no concrete negotiations yet. The player now wants to concentrate on the World Cup. Deciding on his future only after the tournament

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Annoyingly I think most players won’t want to negotiate with teams until the world cups over. Could be a long window.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Annoyingly I think most players won’t want to negotiate with teams until the world cups over. Could be a long window.

I think we will sign the bulk of our new players before the cup, maybe three players (Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Pavard/Soyuncu,Getafe-geezer) and then maybe one or two after the tournament, CM and/or winger.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hell take the world cup by storm and that equals the final punch to any hope left for us to have a say in where he's to end up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom