• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Pavard

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin86

Established Member
This is all comical really.

We can't use the World Cup excuse as the reason why teams aren't negotiating. It's our trio of numpties in Ivan, Sven, and Raul who were doing fvck all the last 6 months.

Transfers should have been lined up in January for a Summer purchase. Set targets early and execute in the Summer.

Looks like the trio above are just going candy shopping right now and changing their mind.

I would have been impressed if Pavon had been lined up after a January promise.
Hard to line players up with no manager in place.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
This is all comical really.

We can't use the World Cup excuse as the reason why teams aren't negotiating. It's our trio of numpties in Ivan, Sven, and Raul who were doing fvck all the last 6 months.

Transfers should have been lined up in January for a Summer purchase. Set targets early and execute in the Summer.

Looks like the trio above are just going candy shopping right now and changing their mind.

I would have been impressed if Pavon had been lined up after a January promise.

If transfers were that easy and quick to realize, why don't all teams just do it that way and announce all their deals first day after the season ends? If it can all be done half a year early why is the transfer window about two month long instead of only a weekend? And I must've completely missed all the other top clubs announcing their summer transfers already.

Seriously, the only big club who has already done business is Liverpool. If they are really in for Fékir, that'll be one long and winding saga with Aulas the negotiation partner and Bayern apparently also interested. They also need a new keeper which will probably drag on. Keita had a release clause and Leipzig couldn't do sh*t about him leaving. Don't get why so many on here are going mental just 'cause 'pool signed Fabinho.

It's clear which positions the staff are looking into to strengthen: central defence, defensive midfield, goalkeeper.

Also, the profiles Arsenal are looking for are pretty clear:
a) Proven quality, experience and a manageable fee (Sokratis, Lichtsteiner, Benatia, Leno, Evans, N'Zonzi, ...)
b) Young players with a high ceiling not already flying in the upper stratospheres of transfer fees (Soyuncu, Adli, Ndombele, ...)

The season is just officially over, the club are in the market with seemingly clear profiles of what and who they want first, by the end of the week or next week we will perhaps/probably - as things stand right now - have signed three players: Sokratis, Lichtsteiner and Adli. With deals on another centreback, a defensive mid and a goalkeeper being worked on behind the scenes, as Arsenal's interest is reported.

I don't get the fu*king problem.

Toby

Giovanni Elber was quality.

He was. Still no. 21 on the Bundesliga all time top scorers list from '63 til today. Also still third most prolific foreign born goal scorer after Pizarro and Lewandowski. The Magic Triangle with Elber, Bobic and Balakov was quite something.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Right sided CB same as Sokratis, I can't see us signing both.

Pavard strikes me as one of those players who possess such intelligence and consummate technique that he could very easily play in different positions and still play well. He could adapt to LCB, he could probably play in midfield and still look good.

Toby

@Toby Andrl do you think we have a chance in getting him?

It depends. If we are truly in for him and willing to pay, then Arsenal surely is an option with the big plus being he'd probably become a starter very fast. At Utd and Bayern the defence is surely more crowded and with the latter it's also depending on Boateng staying/leaving - but they're both in the CL. I think there is a slight chance, if the club has the money - and that I don't know.

As I don't think Arsenal have 50m spare, Soyuncu is the more likely option.

HBL

Established Member
Think I should just accept that he’s going to Bayern before I start getting my hopes up.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's early days but I can already see which players I'll set my heart on all summer only for my hopes to be predictably dashed come August: Oblak, Pavard, Torreira, Dembele. Imagine if we even got one of those?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's early days but I can already see which players I'll set my heart on all summer only for my hopes to be predictably dashed come August: Oblak, Pavard, Torreira, Dembele. Imagine if we even got one of those?
Oblak and Dembele going to stay. Torreira and Pavard are realistic options but Napoli moved quick for Torreira

JENSON_GUNNER

Pavard strikes me as one of those players who possess such intelligence and consummate technique that he could very easily play in different positions and still play well. He could adapt to LCB, he could probably play in midfield and still look good.

He can play right back too. He seems to have a better crossing ability than Bellerin (current version) and decent pace. But best to develop as a long-term replacement for Koscielny.

Toby

60m euro? Ffs nah c'mon now, give us a chance hey.

Yeah, sorry. Stuttgart/Reschke is not f*cking around in his case, that's for sure and it was said multiple times that luring him away from us would be very, very costly.

They surely will not get 60€m after one fantastic bundesliga season. Stuttgart would be very happy with 40-50€m.

Think it'll end up in the range of 45 to 55m € plus add ons.

Soyuncu is a level below Pavard, but for 35m a lot more feasible and I'm coming round to the idea that Arsenal can't get the frenchman going by what we know about the budget, and in that case Soyuncu is the next best thing and I'd be very happy with the young turk.

I'm holding out hope for this transfer, as I think if Arsenal pay up he'll certainly consider a move, but fear he's set for Bayern/Utd/PSG.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
mth.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom