• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Pavard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur Icelandic? one of my dream countries... whenever u are bored: I’ll gladly take ur recommendations for Icelandic movies, even though I probably saw most of them (big fan)

Interesting! I'm not a fan of Icelandic movie my self. I'm to simple minded when it comes to movies, only watch Hollywood movies. Different stories when it comes to books, then it is all la Divina Commedia or Metamorphoses or books after the old soviet writers.

Anyway if you haven't check out the movie Djúpið, you might want to check it out. It is a true story from my hometown, directed by Baltasar Kormákur. It is about man which was on a fishing boat that sank and all of his mates died while he managed to swim something like 6 kilometers and walk barefooted on lava to get home. The man was actually brother of my elementary teacher.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Interesting! I'm not a fan of Icelandic movie my self. I'm to simple minded when it comes to movies, only watch Hollywood movies. Different stories when it comes to books, then it is all la Divina Commedia or Metamorphoses or books after the old soviet writers.

Anyway if you haven't check out the movie Djúpið, you might want to check it out. It is a true story from my hometown, directed by Baltasar Kormákur. It is about man which was on a fishing boat that sank and all of his mates died while he managed to swim something like 6 kilometers and walk barefooted on lava to get home. The man was actually brother of my elementary teacher.
will definitely check it! love Kormakur, but never saw that one ;)
I guess we are opposite on that front; can’t do Hollywood movies, but those Icelandic are probably my favorites alongside Norwegians

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
tenor.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
FFS, why do I hate my home town club so much ? :lol:

Being arrogant jerks who also get any kid in the league without
even making an effort might be a part of it ..

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Still can't wrap my head around this deal the way it's reported.

1) Why do a deal before/during the WC? The WC is a shopping window for club and player.

2) It's basically Pavard leaves for > 50m € this summer, or for 35m next summer, regardless of where he goes. Either pay up now or wait for 2019. All power is with Stuttgart as of 2018. So why choose to cater to Bayern?

3) Agreeing a pre-deal for 2019 only helps Bayern. Yes, in this case Pavard will stay for another season at VfB, but he's also staying for another season if no one pays up this summer and will definitely leave next - but no pre agreement means the player has more opptions down the line. What if he has a massive 18/19 and Barca/Real come in for him - but oh no he stupidly signed on a year ago to join Bayern. Doesn't make any sense for him albeit Bayern is his absolute end of all dream destination - it will be 100 times harder to leave Bayern than to leave Stuttgart.

4) As things stand, he's at the latest off next summer on a RC of 35m. Knowing where he will go in 2019 doesn't help Stuttgart in any way, the club couldn't care less if Bayern, Chelsea or whoever else pays.

5) If he goes this summer the club will fetch about 10 to 20m more than next, which buys you a nice replacement alone. No need to relentlessly try and keep him.

I still don't believe how the media reports it. Something is in the bushes, yeah, Reschke has been too vocal about a transfer to not be. But I can't believe the way it's laid out. Either Bayern pay an extra fee up front this window additionally to the 35m, to secure dips and park him a year at Stuttgart, or it's a typical Bayern media ploy "leaking" a done deal when there's really only basic negotiations yet - the Bazis are known for such games.

Toby

https://www.schwaebische.de/sport/ueberregionaler-sport_artikel,-nicolás-gonzález-noch-ein-argentinier-für-die-traumelf-des-vfb-stuttgart-_arid,10898859.html

Regional news outlet.

Michael Reschke says Stuttgart want 65m € this summer, categorically denies a deal with Bayern has been made for next year.

By now I firmly believe Bayern were set on signing him, thought it would be an easy deal, but instead of riding the bench Pavard has become a starter and upped his profile at the WC, which has now alerted other big clubs who've come in for him. Bayern get angsty, rely on their well known ties to Kicker/BILD/Springer and tell 'em to sprinkle Bayern-Pavard pieces as cross fire. If anything had been done and dusted, trust the conceited Bayern boys to scream it out.

So I thinks it's either >50m this summer or 35m next summer, any top club interested might get him. Unfortunately I think the price tag has ended the race for Arsenal.

Toby

Don’t think anyone will sign him this summer, Bayern will certainly not at that price.

Stuttgart want to keep him for another year, which is partly why fees exceeding 60m are being called up by the DoF, but Pavard has come out prior to the WC and said he wants to play CL and the DoF said the player and his agent want to be informed about interest by big clubs.

I also think there's possible suitors out there.

PSG have the money, Pavard is french, they're a bit thin at CB with Marquinhos, Kimpembe and an ageing Thiago Silva, Thomas Tuchel probably knows Pavard rather well with both having Bundesliga ties.

Man Utd could do with a bit of young quality at CB. Bailly and Lindelöf have been bery much hit and miss, then they've got Jones, Rojo and Smalling. Good quantity, questionable quality.

Man City and Pep are known to throw the cash around. Kompany is 32, Mangala on the sidelines. Pep loves a dynamic, ball playing CB who is versed in playing out wide.

If any of these clubs want him and want him now, I can't see why these three clubs would hold back with the cash - even if it is 65m -, that's not how they operate.

Anyways, I think the Bayern link is delivered hotter by the media than it actually is. Wouldn't make any sense for the player to finalize a deal during the WC. He can go anywhere this year if clubs pay up, he can go anywhere next season for 35m - why rob yourself of future options?

Doesn't make any sense for Stuttgart, too. Either you get tons of money now, or he leaves on his clause in a year, the club couldn't care less who pays the 35m - someone eventually will. Agreeing a pre deal with Bayern to take the player out of the market and making sure to keep him another season at all cost would be ridiculous if say PSG or City were offering 65m this year.

The only way I could see Pavard at Arsenal is if he decides to stay another season at VfB without pre arrangements and gets back on the market next summer for 35m which is an affordable fee for Arsenal.

Toby

This thread should be closed. Nothing here is related to arsenal.

There's obviously transfer buzz around the player - a move might be imminent the minute France go out of/win the WC.

Then there's this stuff:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/02/stut...d-arsenal-manchester-united-interest-7676895/

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/transfer-news/arsenal-issued-hands-warning-stuttgart-14860488

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...al-tottenham-face-competition-napoli-12850001

These are not the best of sources, sure, but they're fresh sources just from last week. The last one's source is Corriere dello Sport who claim interest from Tottenham, Napoli and Arsenal. You can find more.

So as far as I'm concerned the player is on the market and Arsenal is reportedly interested among a few other clubs, so any development concerning Pavard is of interest, although I'm pretty sure there won't be any hard facts until the WC is over for France. Links to any club are pretty weak right now - and I'm including the Bayern reports here as a lot points to those being instigated by Bayern themselves to publicly better their position/fight off other interested clubs by suggesting via the media they're already close to a deal, which is a typical move for them.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

SHAME!! !

He asks for icelandic movies and you don't say Hrafninn flygur!

Tungur knivur ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom