• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

UkrArsenal

someone has to sit on the bench for the next match. against the pundits he did not play well, and against the toffee he played badly

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ā­
Him and Martinelli have really dropped off form wise over the last 2-3 games.

Arteta faces the headache now of either dropping both of them for Trossard and Tomiyasu in preperation for the City game, or backing them for another couple games.
Drop White, keep Martinelli. With the latter it's more likely he'll get out his funk quickly while Tomiyasu has done enough to bench White for a while.

He's been really poor just the last couple of games but his drop off started late last year already I think. Might be linked to the WC thing who knows.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I really wonder what would happen if tomiyasu was fit start of the season. Did White get that rb position due to injury and just kept it because he outperformed expectations? Either way Tomi has to get back in

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Drop White, keep Martinelli. With the latter it's more likely he'll get out his funk quickly while Tomiyasu has done enough to bench White for a while.

He's been really poor just the last couple of games but his drop off started late last year already I think. Might be linked to the WC thing who knows.
Yeh Martinelli will be more likely to hurt a team like City as well, we shouldn't depart from what has been working for us all season style wise in our biggest game.

Tomi really isn't a big drop off style wise or defensively from White, so its worth bringing him in vs Brentford. Will be bedded in for the City game.

OnlyOne

šŸŽ™ļø Future Journalist
Trusted ā­

2 bad games but I don't think that warrants dropping him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Yes seem something off with him not the typical performance from white his passing was way off and didnā€™t help saka much.

Ljonin

Tomi looks the better player for the RB position for sure. Stronger, better positioning, more presence going forward.

Ben White should have to work hard to get back in them team the way heā€™s playing at the moment.

Make use of the added squad depth

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
Tomi looks the better player for the RB position for sure. Stronger, better positioning, more presence going forward.

Ben White should have to work hard to get back in them team the way heā€™s playing at the moment.

Make use of the added squad depth
And if Tomi plays against Brentford and performs poorly do you then drop him and put White back in again?

If we only judge and change/drop players because of 1 or 2 bad games we would be never done changing players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Heā€™s not been at the races recently. Artetaā€™s got two choices, play him through it in the hope heā€™ll improve or give him a rest and put Tomi on. Pluses and minuses either way.

Ljonin

And if Tomi plays against Brentford and performs poorly do you then drop him and put White back in again?

If we only judge and change/drop players because of 1 or 2 bad games we would be never done changing players.
Itā€™s pretty simple. Tomi performs better in that position right now, and therefore should start.

Thatā€™s why you have quality options in the squad.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He has been poor several games actually. The idea you can keep playing bad and always keep your position is weird when there is equally good player in the position

14Henry

He has been poor several games actually. The idea you can keep playing bad and always keep your position is weird when there is equally good player in the position
Itā€™s pretty simple. Tomi performs better in that position right now, and therefore should start.

Thatā€™s why you have quality options in the squad.

Answer the question.

If Tomi comes in. Plays bad against Brentford do you then drop him for City?

A simple yes or no is enough.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Answer the question.

If Tomi comes in. Plays bad against Brentford do you then drop him for City?

A simple yes or no is enough.
No you give him several games because Ben has been off for weeks. Itā€™s time for an actual change and not just for one game

14Henry

No you give him several games because Ben has been off for weeks. Itā€™s time for an actual change and not just for one game
OK so your principle is, let's drop Ben because he had 3 bad games for example. When Saliba has 3 bad games do you bring in Holding? Or when Partey plays **** and gives the ball away for 3 games do you drop him?

Players will always hit a little patch of 2 or 3 games where they aren't brilliant. But if you just hook them you need to do the same with the rest of the 11.

I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is. If you are calling White to be dropped you should be calling for at least 3 or 4 more to be dropped. And every time someone has a bad couple of games the same.

So if I see you on the forum calling Partey to be dropped after 2 bad games or Saka to be dropped after 2 bad games fair enough. But be consistent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

OK so your principle is, let's drop Ben because he had 3 bad games for example. When Saliba has 3 bad games do you bring in Holding? Or when Partey plays **** and gives the ball away for 3 games do you drop him?

Players will always hit a little patch of 2 or 3 games where they aren't brilliant. But if you just hook them you need to do the same with the rest of the 11.

I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is. If you are calling White to be dropped you should be calling for at least 3 or 4 more to be dropped. And every time someone has a bad couple of games the same.

So if I see you on the forum calling Partey to be dropped after 2 bad games or Saka to be dropped after 2 bad games fair enough. But be consistent.
No every situation is different. Saka and Partey canā€™t be dropped because there is no one in there position same level. There is really nothing between White and Tomiyasu as RBs. Long term neither are good enough as RB if we want to be elite.

Top Bottom