• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Nah it was definitely White :lol:

Wasn't he one of the doubts for today?
It wasn't.

Go watch a replay, I tried to do a screenshot but can't insert it for whatever reason, but no, it wasn't White, he's behind Saliba as the ball is played and a half second before that he's farther behind him and Saliba is even deeper than him.

chessygoal

Okay took another look at them, fk me that was painful.

Second goal looks so bad on Lokonga drifting over to the wing and not getting back then. Maybe Zinny shouldve been covering better as well. Both Saliba and White keep him onside, Saliba was at fault there though, he tried to cut out the ball, if he just runs there and he can cut it out before it gets to Rashford.

The third was both Saliba and White again keeping the player onside, although about a foot away from the centre line... Saliba is pushed way over and Xhaka is beside him with Gabriel pushed over and up the wing... Xhaka being further back. The third goal can in no way be on White unless he track 2 runners about 20 feet apart. Its a clusterf*ck in which Id say he was the only one who was doing what he should've been doing.

Edit maybe white shouldve forgot about playing offside on third but fk me if that wasnt every players fualt except the front 3
Bad defending all around, it's not faire to blame one guy, they played it really bad as a unit, including Ramsdale, for the 3 goals.
But it's a teachable moment for this back 5, they will hopefully learn from it. Saliba is still a young CB, he got it wrong today but hopefully he'll learn from it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It wasn't.

Go watch a replay, I tried to do a screenshot but can't insert it for whatever reason, but no, it wasn't White, he's behind Saliba as the ball is played and a half second before that he's farther behind him and Saliba is even deeper than him.

He played them onside I don't really know what you want from this. Wasn't all his fault anyways it's irrelevant he's the least of you guy's worries.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He played them onside I don't really know what you want from this. Wasn't all his fault anyways it's irrelevant he's the least of you guy's worries.
Seems weird to me you're arguing a question of absolute fact, honestly.

Compare against the line on the pitch. We're talking about a matter of fact, and it was Saliba. As stated, if you rewind a half second or a second more as Bruno is making the decision, White is even farther behind Saliba.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Compare against the line on the pitch. We're talking about a matter of fact, and it was Saliba. As stated, if you rewind a half second or a second more as Bruno is making the decision, White is even farther behind Saliba.

It was all Saliba's fault and White did nothing wrong then? what do you want from me? I don't understand.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
It was all Saliba's fault and White did nothing wrong then? what do you want from me? I don't understand.
Just not misrepresent facts. You stated twice that White was the one keeping him on. It's not true. That goal has two or three potential issues-- Sambi, Zinchenko, Saliba. White doesn't come into the discussion there. On the third yeah. That's all.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Just not misrepresent facts. You stated twice that White was the one keeping him on. It's not true. That goal has two or three potential issues-- Sambi, Zinchenko, Saliba. White doesn't come into the discussion there. On the third yeah. That's all.

He clearly did though :lol:

I also said it’s not all his fault, but whatever helps you deal.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Nah it was definitely White :lol:

Wasn't he one of the doubts for today?

He clearly did though :lol:

I also said it’s not all his fault, but whatever helps you deal.

You're a strange one, mate.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You're a strange one, mate.

Look man,

1662384705085.png

If White is level with Saliba, the 3rd goal doesn't happen and as for the 2nd Monstar Gunnar said it himself:

Both Saliba and White keep him onside,

Hence my sarcasm "it's Saliba's fault". It was everybodies fault and White played them onside atleast twice, not on his own for the second but it's not even important as loads of things led to it.

I am not the strange one here.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's playing out of position and doing the best he can. I don't think it's fair to blame him. Arteta is asking players to do things they are not best suited to. 3 or 4 counters yesterday fizzled out because Xhaka's feet just aren't fast enough to receive the ball in transition and keep it moving the way a Partey, Ode and Zinchenkno can. That's on Arteta for putting him in positions for his weaknesses to be an issue, same with Ben White. I have zero fault with the effort of any of our players so far this season. They've all been brilliant in that respect, some of the manager's demands have just been unrealistic and unhelpful.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Wonder if the progressive passing stats was always topped by defenders. Might explain the decline of quality in the sport in recent times.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Wonder if the progressive passing stats was always topped by defenders. Might explain the decline of quality in the sport in recent times.
Not sure but here is his list with GKs and defenders removed

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Wonder if the progressive passing stats was always topped by defenders.

Well, yeah they kinda have no choice means absolutely f*ck all really :lol:

I remember Holding looking decent in this department. That's not to say White hasn't been playing well until United. Him, Dalot and Andersen have impressed me.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Easily our most consistent player since he joined. Been brilliant this season playing out of position as well.

D

Deleted member 102404

Great post. I thought that too but didn’t have a screenshot. He almost got there too to prevent a goal. The defensive culprits on the day were Gabriel, Saliba and Zinchenko. White is not as liked for some reason so he’s the target.
He was excellent on the day as he has been all season.

The main problem with that goal was not even the midfield. Saliba turned like an oil tanker. As was pointed out by Keown he actually turned one way, then the other instead of sprinting back. Made it really easy for Rashford.
This is a decision making issue that happens with inexperienced players. Needs to learn.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People don't give him enough credit on how he preforming as RB. He basically putting 7/10 performance since season started.

Really great to see found the solution because with White Gabriel and Saliba i was sure one of them getting benched

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People don't give him enough credit on how he preforming as RB. He basically putting 7/10 performance since season started.

Really great to see found the solution because with White Gabriel and Saliba i was sure one of them getting benched
You should have listened to me when people were laughing when I said that this was planned, because Tomiyasu and White can both be great inverted RB's, to have a path for Saliba after the Marseille loan.

One of the reasons why White was worth 50 million pounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom