• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He has great skills for a CB/RB, but I have always doubted when people say he should play DMF. He is too clumsy for that position, and not sure about his vision either etc.

He can do a job there, and might be able to start at a bottom EPL club there, but it's really not ideal in a club like Arsenal. Good to have that option of course in case of an emergency.

I would rather give Smith a chance against worse teams in UEL, because we need White to be sharp and available for defensive positions.
Clumsy? Ben White? Nah I disagree. Heā€™s smooth on the ball and he regularly moves into midfield with it. His vision is top too. How many times does he hit that long ball to Saka? I think you underrate him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Clumsy? Ben White? Nah I disagree. Heā€™s smooth on the ball and he regularly moves into midfield with it. His vision is top too. How many times does he hit that long ball to Saka? I think you underrate him.
I have always praised White and was excited when we bought him for 50 million pounds and said so. Also argued @UnitedBeard to the swamp/mud in the Varane vs. White discussion.

I only compared him to what I want from an Arsenal DMF, that's why I mentioned worse EPL clubs where he could do it. I see him great at CB & inverted RB, but at DMF it's not quite same level. But maybe he proves more wrong here, he is that talented.

I would rather play Sambi or Smith at DMF and rest White for EPL games if possible. Or play White if we wanted to defend a lead.

Partey is faster on the ball, with turns etc. This is what I mean with clumsy, not his passing ability (which has had some issues earlier this season tbh.) He also has not much experience for midfield role, vision, anticipation etc.

drippin

Wow looking good
Wow, I knew he has been good but this looks better than expected.

There's really no need to buy a RB when BNC comes back next season. There is also Walters. It's great to see this kind of squad planning where there are versatile players, and paths planned for young players like Saliba and Norton-Cuffy.

drippin

This is quite in-depth for free, there's more charts and information in the article.

And people laughed when I suggested White will be our 1st choice RB this season...

"So far this season, I think that White has been one of Arsenalā€™s key players. Arsenalā€™s system requires some interesting things from the fullbacks. They donā€™t play like a ā€œregularā€ fullback rather, they are sort of a hybrid center back, midfielder, and, attacking player. The switch from Tomiyasu to White has made this a much more seamless switch than what we saw last season with the switch from Tomiyasu to Cedric.

Whiteā€™s radar I think accurately reflects what he has been able to do so far this season, even if perhaps it undercounts his overall impact.

Overall I think this paints a very good picture of his performance this season and puts it in the proper context, White has been one of the best right backā€™s in the Premier League and he isnā€™t even a ā€œrealā€ fullback."

1db1a0b0-d47b-4813-bddf-0c9210df0d18_1238x1022.png

3d92fc50-162f-426b-b8e3-092792c40edb_1379x633.png

say yes

forum master baiter
The one thing that has really impressed me about White is how he deals with the 'big beasts' of the EPL physically, this lad has shoulders of steel.
He's not massive, looks like a character from love island and rose to prominence given his ability on the ball, so there's a perception he's soft. But couldn't be further from the truth. He's solid as **** defensively and has a real edge to his play. Not a surprise to learn he worked his way up from the lower leagues.

Brilliant player.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

He's not massive, looks like a character from love island and rose to prominence given his ability on the ball, so there's a perception he's soft. But couldn't be further from the truth. He's solid as **** defensively and has a real edge to his play. Not a surprise to learn he worked his way up from the lower leagues.

Brilliant player.

Best post you've made since your unwanted return.

drippin

Brilliant player.
Very well said.

That love island look plus Saliba debates are likely the biggest reasons for this view people have on White.

People thought he was soft and couldn't handle it.

They didn't see his rise and development as a person and a player in a quite short time.

We are so lucky to have him at Arsenal. United bought washed up Varane when they could have White with much lesser wages.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
He's being worked so hard but he's doing well. He can get done at times but keros going and he's underrated in this new role. Great professional attitude as well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ā­

Player:Rice
White's largely flown under the radar this season.

He's a very good player. He deserves to be the starting RB on merit for a while even though it's a secondary position to him. He looks far from out of place.

Would be curious to see him partnered with Saliba at some point. I think that may be our best CB partnership tbh.

To me he is a Ā£50m player.

Top Bottom