• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
No every situation is different. Saka and Partey canā€™t be dropped because there is no one in there position same level. There is really nothing between White and Tomiyasu as RBs. Long term neither are good enough as RB if we want to be elite.
Tomi isn't better than White.

Saka could be dropped for Trossard.

Partey could be dropped for multiple winner Jorginho.

Can't be making one rule for one player and another for another bro. Be consistent.

I'm fine with you wanting Tomi to replace Ben after 2 or 3 bad games. But I will be expecting you on Parteys thread next week if he doesn't play well against Brentford. Or Saka if he doesn't score or assist against Brentford. Or even Eddie.

14Henry

Looking for receipts šŸ‘€
Isnā€™t the whole point of having a strong squad that you can replace a player if theyā€™re having a dip in form. Itā€™s nothing serious, just yeah rotate for a bit. Otherwise whatā€™s the point of having Tomiyasu.
100%. I've no issue with dropping White for Tomi. If that's going to be the case every time a player has 2 or 3 bad games threw out of the team.

Partey was **** on Saturday. Saka wasn't great nor was Saliba. Xhaka was poor too and Ƙdegaard was none existent. So are we saying if those players don't perform against Brentford they too should be dropped.

dashsnow17

Doesnā€™t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ā­
100%. I've no issue with dropping White for Tomi. If that's going to be the case every time a player has 2 or 3 bad games threw out of the team.

Partey was **** on Saturday. Saka wasn't great nor was Saliba. Xhaka was poor too and Ƙdegaard was none existent. So are we saying if those players don't perform against Brentford they too should be dropped.

Well the rule is you donā€™t rotate too much, but a player here or there is fine. Stability has its merits and successful teams often have the same starting XI most games, but I donā€™t see an issue with using the squad if theyā€™re actually good players, which Tomi is.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You keep comparing White to Saka and Partey. He is not on their level. Again every player is not equal so football has and always will have one rule for some and another for other. If White got injured today no one would say huge blow for Arsenals season. They would with saka and Partey.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
I think it would be stupid to not drop White at this stage.

Up until the World Cup he was the best performing Right Back in the league this season.

However, he has had a clear dip and the last 2 games in particular have been stinkers.

Tomiyasu is like for like and is a good player. Showing players they have competition in the squad gets the best out of them anyway.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think it would be stupid to not drop White at this stage.

Up until the World Cup he was the best performing Right Back in the league this season.

However, he has had a clear dip and the last 2 games in particular have been stinkers.

Tomiyasu is like for like and is a good player. Showing players they have competition in the squad gets the best out of them anyway.
I agree. Despite the loss yesterday I loved he subbed Ƙdegaard for vieira. It sends a message to both players there is competition. If a player knows no matter what there is no chance you play ahead of another player. There is no incentive for that player to give his all

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My issue is I just don't see what Tomiyasu brings to the side. It's not like he's gonna provide overlaps and quality crossing/cut-backs. It's gonna be White but less progressive and efficient in possession, maybe a tad better defensively based on current form.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

My issue is I just don't see what Tomiyasu brings to the side. It's not like he's gonna provide overlaps and quality crossing/cut-backs. It's gonna be White but less progressive and efficient in possession, maybe a tad better defensively based on current form.
He is better defender as he is stronger and quicker. He also release the ball quicker and can pass with his left foot. For me he is a better RB

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Yeh both players at their best White is clearly the better player.

But White can barely complete a pass right now. He's not playing anywhere near his best.

I would prefer a Tomiyasu playing at 90% of his ability to a Ben White playing to 60% of his.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yeh both players at their best White is clearly the better player.

But White can barely complete a pass right now. He's not playing anywhere near his best.

I would prefer a Tomiyasu playing at 90% of his ability to a Ben White playing to 60% of his.

Tomi has been playing just as bad as White in his brief cameos tbf.

Ljonin

Answer the question.

If Tomi comes in. Plays bad against Brentford do you then drop him for City?

A simple yes or no is enough.
Pretty much what Rasmi said. Ben hasnā€™t been performing for several games now, so no. Tomi now deserves a run in the team.

Thatā€™s what competition looks like. Otherwise we could as well have kept Cedric and sold Tomi for profit.

Ben should now have to fight, work hard and eventually play himself back into the starting 11 either at CB or RB.

You have to keep players on their toes and do everything you can to avoid complacency. Push everyone forward. We do it your way we will never win the league again

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
OK so your principle is, let's drop Ben because he had 3 bad games for example. When Saliba has 3 bad games do you bring in Holding? Or when Partey plays **** and gives the ball away for 3 games do you drop him?
Its all about quality drop off for me. Lets say if Saliba or Saka are out of form, their replacements (like for like) are Holding and Nelson respectively. These are quite ordinary players and you know what you are getting.

In my opinion though Tomiyasu is a good player, can add much more than a Holding or Nelson.

I guess it boils down to:

Off form Saka > Nelson
Off form Saliba > Holding
Off form White < Tomiyasu IMO

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Its all about quality drop off for me. Lets say if Saliba or Saka are out of form, their replacements (like for like) are Holding and Nelson respectively. These are quite ordinary players and you know what you are getting.

In my opinion though Tomiyasu is a good player, can add much more than a Holding or Nelson.

I guess it boils down to:

Off form Saka > Nelson
Off form Saliba > Holding
Off form White < Tomiyasu IMO
Yeah it's a safe swap. Pretty much as seamless as you can get.

I'd be fine with either starting tbh.

At least we're not having to discuss whether we should play Bellerin or Cedric šŸ¤Ŗ

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Yeah if White was playing CB Iā€™d say bring Tomi in for him but at RB Iā€™d try and let White get through this rough patch.

White as a RB >>> Tomi as a RB.

White is average going forwards, Tomi is pretty bad at it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You wanna know who's a RB that could invert as an extra midfielder but also overlap?

200.gif

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

He is one of the best performers this season together with Xhaka. I do not understand why he is being criticized to this extent since I do not blame him for yesterdays performance. There are other players who should be criticized more .

But it seems that old habits hardly change on here, arsenal top of the league and the players still do not get the recognition they deserve, I mean those who truly deserve it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom