• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Vermaelen? Disrespect imo he had 2 good seasons before he became a error prone crock. He was Arsenal captain for a reason (was considered one of our better players for a brief period).

This is from somebody who has zero time for most of these Emirates era numpties.

He was a good character on the pitch and could score a decent chunk, but just a very average defender...as I said, the Kos-Per partnership showed his shortcomings for me.

But you are right, he was a level above Mustafi, when I think about it...as that guy was just pure ****.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

He was a good character on the pitch and could score a decent chunk, but just a very average defender...as I said, the Kos-Per partnership showed his shortcomings for me.

But you are right, he was a level above Mustafi, when I think about it...as that guy was just pure ****.
Vermaelen when he joined was popular at the Emirates cause of his swashbuckling commanding style. Heā€™s not as bad as people remember.

Still gets the odd call up for Belgium despite playing in Japan. Mustafi could never, heā€™s a complete joke.

Whilst Iā€™m at it, Kos and Mertesacker were never ideal and it was long desired to upgrade that position amongst the fanbase with those two at the club, so Iā€™m not sure how theyā€™ve managed to be looked on so favourably over time. Perā€™s FA Cup match where he played like he was possessed after a year on the sidelines probably skewed things.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Whilst Iā€™m at it, Kos and Mertesacker were never ideal and it was long desired to upgrade that position amongst the fanbase with those two at the club, so Iā€™m not sure how theyā€™ve managed to be looked on so favourably over time. Perā€™s FA Cup match where he played like he was possessed after a year on the sidelines probably skewed things.

They were the pair that helped us break the trophy drought, with the back to back cups in 2014 and 2015, so they were always gonna be looked back on fondly.

Thought they were a very good pairing, when both were at their best.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Excellent game.
There was one pass he did near half way line.
Had 2 players pressuring him and just had a tiny gap to partey and he still squeezed the ball through. So good to see.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Thought he was class in the air tonight.

All the ā€œheā€™s too skinny and shortā€ narratives looking lazy.

Heā€™s handled Kane, Maupay and those Burnley sh*thouses in three consecutive games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Apart from one bad pass good game against club who know his weakness.

3 clean sheet from 4 games not bad

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Liked the little flick off Duffy at the end to win the corner as well, pity we still can't make good use of them.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
I agree about him delay and always try to make the perfect pass. He has to be quicker in this he not playing with Brighton where there so much space against Arsenal teams will always press

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Great to see him improving all the time. A bit flimsy start to the game, but he grew to it.

Gabriel was good too again, so in this regard it's looking better.

All those corners etc., no problem.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

I agree about him delay and always try to make the perfect pass. He has to be quicker in this he not playing with Brighton where there so much space against Arsenal teams will always press

I think this is what Arteta wants out of him which is why he was so keen to get him.

A lot has been made of that interview where he talks about van Dijk pinging a 50 yard pass and needing that.

I think heā€™s looking for the switch or someone to run in behind the Brighton defence. Also Brighton took the ā€œbail outā€ passing option of Lokonga out the game with their passing.

Either he hit it long or the next pass was getting cleared.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
I think this is what Arteta wants out of him which is why he was so keen to get him.

A lot has been made of that interview where he talks about van Dijk pinging a 50 yard pass and needing that.

I think heā€™s looking for the switch or someone to run in behind the Brighton defence.
It'll come with time he already showed great passing range . He been very good signing he'll only improve in future

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
He was solid today. After being bullied in the air by Brentford? he hasn't looked back aerially. All his good traits on display too although I still think he can play out quicker. That will come with better players and conditions hopefully.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He did miss a few long passes, but we have to take those windy conditions into account. In the first half it was towards us, and probably whirly wind.

That's not the time when you opt for long balls too often.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
He did miss a few long passes, but we have to take those windy conditions into account. In the first half it was towards us, and probably whirly wind.

That's not the time when you opt for long balls too often.
The condition at 1st half were horrible Ramsdale goal kicks didn't even get past the middle of pitch because of strong winds.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom