Benjamin White: English Virgil or also just blonde?

tcahill

Some shocking takes on here, agendas are out in full force.

It's a complete consensus here that we should of kept Saliba and bought a CM instead. Correct me if I'm wrong - I can't think of anyone who has argued otherwise. But he's here now, I don't see the point in bringing up his price tag whenever he doesn't have an 12/10 game.

He's been good since he arrived. Bar a mediocre debut, he's been solid defensively and a great support to our attack with his on ball ability. Plus he's only 23, a mere baby in CB terms, he's likely to improve significantly.

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ✔️
Some shocking takes on here, agendas are out in full force.

It's a complete consensus here that we should of kept Saliba and bought a CM instead. Correct me if I'm wrong - I can't think of anyone who has argued otherwise. But he's here now, I don't see the point in bringing up his price tag whenever he doesn't have an 12/10 game.

He's been good since he arrived. Bar a mediocre debut, he's been solid defensively and a great support to our attack with his on ball ability. Plus he's only 23, a mere baby in CB terms, he's likely to improve significantly.

Yep, he's been solid. You know there's an agenda when people are only out in full force after a bad game. No one has really been talking about White recently.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes
He's definitely been quietly growing into his role, and a key sign that his performances have been solid is the lack of focus on him. I think with him and because of the price and the fact a lot were never sold on him means there'll be those waiting for the next mistake, so the lack of talk about him can only be a good thing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ✔️
Got everything you want in a modern day defender and quietly gets on with it. The way he's settled in he doesn't feel like a new signing either.

Still needs to work on leaving opposition attackers in acres of space in the penalty box but that's also seen him make some crucial blocks.

Barry

Thought he was really good against Villa bar the last 10 minutes or so when he made a couple of errors. He did some eye-catching defending including a quality aerial interception and was also pushing us forward and starting attacks intelligently. It was noticeable at the end that him, Gabriel & Ramsdale were really in sync and are starting to communicate and move as a unit.

It's not perfect yet but I think he's been quietly pretty good since the Brentford game. Concerns about him being a complete liability in the air thankfully seem to be unfounded which is a big relief.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
It's a bit strange that the media hasn't been hyping him up tbh. Baring Brenford, he's been really solid, forming a great partnership with Gabriel. Imagine if a 50m England CB went into Sp**s or United and made the same impact...

Not disappointed with this though, let the lad concentrate on his game.

drippin

Established Member

it begins
Pfft.. we need three good CB's like a big club should, and a great partner to Partey, over 60 million signing at least, depending on if there is of course some great bargain in the market.

When the transfer was going on, I read Brighton forum and some of them said he covered Phillips okay in the midfield, but was not as good.

drippin

Established Member
What if we go big on a CMF and a ST, and have Tomiyasu & White as CB & RB cover?

Is that enough for 2 CB places and RB, if Saliba stays and there is Gabriel too?

If we buy a starting RB in addition for example, will the other guys get enough minutes?

Barry

What if we go big on a CMF and a ST, and have Tomiyasu & White as CB & RB cover?

Is that enough for 2 CB places and RB, if Saliba stays and there is Gabriel too?

If we buy a starting RB in addition for example, will the other guys get enough minutes?
If we're getting two players; in the next window then that's exactly what we need. Blow all the money on a midfielder (Rice/Biss) and a striker (???). Tomi & White can cover both roles as you've said in our current system at least

Latest posts