• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ā­

Player:Rice
Hah are people still talking about this?

I remember putting a list together back in the summer on this subject; Ramos is 6ft, Puyol was 5'10..

The list goes on and on..

It's almost as if if you can play a bit you're better than being a CB in some fans eyes.

I think that's a really outdated way of thinking.

Guess it's nothing new. I'm sure we went through this with Vermaelen too šŸ˜

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since Sol, our next best CB was Kolo...and he is probably the shortest player we have used as a CB since 2003-now, it's not like we haven't had success with shorter defenders.

We don't need 2 giants at CB, just balance.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Since Sol, our next best CB was Kolo...and he is probably the shortest player we have used as a CB since 2003-now, it's not like we haven't had success with shorter defenders.

We don't need 2 giants at CB, just balance.

Kolo was good with Sol but after Sol left Kolo dramatically dropped in level of peformances.

I'd take KOs over Kolo.

However I fo agree with point regarding height.

Riou

Kolo was good with Sol but after Sol left Kolo dramatically dropped in level of peformances.

I'd take KOs over Kolo.

However I fo agree with point regarding height.

That's because we stuck Kolo with another midget in Gallas, who was also insane...I don't blame Toure for that partnership not working :lol:

Not much in it between Toure and Kos, probably about even as players...Kolo was more of a leader on the pitch though, so I would just give him the edge.

Thought Kolo was still individually excellent up to around 2008 (when he came back from AFCON that year, he was never the same) but don't forget how brilliant he was in our Champions League run when Sol was injured...dragged ****ing Senderos to a European Cup final, ffs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Itā€™s not dumb. Bielsa and Potter both tried him out at DM from time to time. Pretty sure he came on for England as a DM too. Itā€™s not like this idea has come out of nowhere. He looks more like a DM than a CB. Let me put it to like this, would it be dumb to play Tomiyasu in CB despite his good performances at RB? No, cos I think most of us would agree Tomiyasu looks more like a CB.
I'm pretty sure they both tried him there mostly because of injuries. In his EPL & Championship career, he has played about 11 full games as DMF, and 68 games as CB.

Tomiyasu has been CB mostly in his career, besides when he went to Italy as a young player and got his minutes in a new tough league as RB, and played 2/3 of games as RB there. He plays mostly LCB for Japan, because Yoshida is their RCB, and Tomi is good with his both feet, like White also.

A club of Arsenal's calibre needs proper starting midfielders, not some patchwork from players who can play multiple positions okay. I would assume people realize this and not suggest such silly things. They will be our backup players if we have an injury spree.

For England White was chosen because TAA got injured, and White can play RB and backup CB & DMF too. Plus he is one for the future.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Itā€™s not dumb. Bielsa and Potter both tried him out at DM from time to time. Pretty sure he came on for England as a DM too. Itā€™s not like this idea has come out of nowhere. He looks more like a DM than a CB. Let me put it to like this, would it be dumb to play Tomiyasu in CB despite his good performances at RB? No, cos I think most of us would agree Tomiyasu looks more like a CB.

If he was a CDM he would play and start as a CDM but he is clearly a better CB hence why Ā£50mil got dropped on his ass.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
That's because we stuck Kolo with another midget in Gallas, who was also insane...I don't blame Toure for that partnership not working :lol:

Not much in it between Toure and Kos, probably about even as players...Kolo was more of a leader on the pitch though, so I would just give him the edge.

Thought Kolo was still individually excellent up to around 2008 (when he came back from AFCON that year, he was never the same) but don't forget how brilliant he was in our Champions League run when Sol was injured...dragged ****ing Senderos to a European Cup final, ffs.

The whole make shift back line of Eboue, Sender's, Kolo and Flamini all played that CL campaign and were well drilled and organised (wasn't this the only season that Keown was a defensive coach for us?). Lehmann deserves credit ad well (in particular the late Riqulme penalty save).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ā­
Saliba has been playing for two years with a massive pain in his arse

jhfPr6P.gif

Riou

Will go under the radar (due to being a bit weird and unlikeable, and Gabriel being brilliant) but is racking up some very good performances now.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ƙdegaard
Another solid performance. Could have avoided few free kicks which he conceded but nothing else to say about it. Loving this center back pairing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

You were getting so worked up over Pepe in the match thread, my dude.

Sad to see, just let him go.
All I do is poke fun at ESR, Saka and sometimes Ƙdegaard and respond to those who call me out.

Everyoneā€™s go to move is to throw out some Pepe related insult but youā€™ve already lost if youā€™re doing that. Man doesnā€™t even playšŸ˜‚

Too performance. On his toes the entire game. Him and Gabriel are top drawer together. Will have tough performances but the potential of this back 5 (Tierney) is out of this world.

Partey looks so much better now he has them.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ā­
Love him. What a performance. We knew he could pass but ****ing hell what about his dribbling?! Solid defensively too. Made some crucial blocks and clearances.

Heā€™s not fantastic in the air which can be concerning at times but his beast of a partner in Gabriel helps us out in that aspect. Sort of like how Vidic couldnā€™t play out from the back but his partner Ferdinand was excellent at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom