• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

I'm so undecided on this guy. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out on here, but man. Very meh.

mirrorstares

Thought he was alright but then rewatched the goals.

When his dribbling out of the back and his passing doesn't provide any value, and most of the time it doesn't, he's replaceable

Malky

Established Member
I'm so undecided on this guy. He's nowhere near as bad as people make out on here, but man. Very meh.
Thatā€™s the thing tho, we paid Ā£50M for him, heā€™s ā€œ PL ready, tried and tested ā€œ and games like today, against the best teams, you expect your Ā£50M defender to make a difference, but he looks like a complete liability at times. Like @mirrorstares said - when his dribbling out and passing isnā€™t working heā€™s replaceable.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not even trying to banter or live up to a gimmick but I just donā€™t see how heā€™s better than Holding other than passing.

Macho

Dusted šŸ”»

Not sure what the issue is on here, heā€™s a fabulous player. The defence wasnā€™t the issue yesterday, it was the midfield and attack.
There's no issue from my side. It's obvious why he was signed, but I am seriously not convinced that those reasons were really worth 50 mil upfront.

Macho

Dusted šŸ”»

Not even trying to banter or live up to a gimmick but I just donā€™t see how heā€™s better than Holding other than passing.
One of the rare times I agree with you. I think Holding got a raw deal out of this slyly.

I was very eager for Holding to get replaced too, but this isn't how I imagined it.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone šŸ“²
2nd goal wasn't his fault, he made a tackle which he has to do. Imagine not tackling and letting a player shoot from that distance.
The time he messed up was the 3rd goal but the mistake there begins with Gabriel stepping in too late.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
There's no issue from my side. It's obvious why he was signed, but I am seriously not convinced that those reasons were really worth 50 mil upfront.
Heā€™s fantastic. Defended well yesterday, played some great balls in the first half to release Saka, who ended up just giving the ball away.

The problem wasnā€™t the defence, they done their job, generally, they defended well and passed well (Taveras back pass aside). The problem was none of the 6 infront of them wanted or could keep the ball. They just kept giving it back to Liverpool, any defence would have eventually caved in with the pressure those 6 put on the back 5.

Last week, Rice and Soucek batted hard, kept the ball, released the ball forward, Partey and Lokonga played with fear. Benrahma, Fornals, Bowen went at Liverpool, they knew Liverpool arenā€™t that defensively secure, they played without fear. Saka didnā€™t know what to do when he got the ball, ESR the same. Auba and Laca just kept commuting fouls.

These players in the attack arenā€™t good enough to be competing at this level. Saka has been horrible all season.

Macho

Dusted šŸ”»

Heā€™s fantastic. Defended well yesterday, played some great balls in the first half to release Saka, who ended up just giving the ball away.

The problem wasnā€™t the defence, they done their job, generally, they defended well and passed well (Taveras back pass aside). The problem was none of the 6 infront of them wanted or could keep the ball. They just kept giving it back to Liverpool, any defence would have eventually caved in with the pressure those 6 put on the back 5.

Last week, Rice and Soucek batted hard, kept the ball, released the ball forward, Partey and Lokonga played with fear. Benrahma, Fornals, Bowen went at Liverpool, they knew Liverpool arenā€™t that defensively secure, they played without fear. Saka didnā€™t know what to do when he got the ball, ESR the same. Auba and Laca just kept commuting fouls.

These players in the attack arenā€™t good enough to be competing at this level. Saka has been horrible all season.
Nah not rolling with this.

Ben White was fine yesterday I am just saying he is yet to truly justify the sizeable outlay especially when you consider that you've even brought up the attack that isn't ideal.

I've argued against many on here when people cry about price tags on here but these funds really could have been used a bit better.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

Ben White was fine yesterday I am just saying he is yet to truly justify the sizeable outlay especially when you consider that you've even brought up the attack that isn't ideal.

I've argued against many on here when people cry about price tags on here but these funds really could have been used a bit better.
You canā€™t solve everything quickly. Point is, the back 5 looks secure and is a defence I am very happy with going forward.

Hopefully in the windows to come, we can sort out the midfield and attack which is letting us down this season.

Haphazard

Did we not just go on a long unbeaten run based on the performances of the defence? It sure as hell wasnā€™t the attack that got us that run.
Against mid to lower tier opponents who themselves have disjointed attacks. The true litmus test always comes up against top tier opposition and it shows we are very far off even considering the age and lack of playing time this squad has got together.

Also 10 games is not a long unbeaten run lmao. Arteta has convinced this fanbase that doing the bare minimum is a fantastic performance.

Macho

Dusted šŸ”»

Did we not just go on a long unbeaten run based on the performances of the defence? It sure as hell wasnā€™t the attack that got us that run.
Well goals win you games and furthermore we have done a lot of defending from the front actually, so whilst a lot of us aren't convinced by this attack the run isn't solely down to the defence.

Difficult to prove, but I am pretty sure Holding in for White just like Tierney in for Nuno would end up with very similar results assuming nobody made individual errors.

Reactions: Kav

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

We know the 50M spent isn't spent on a CB who's the finished article though, it's 50M on a kid who can be worth much more than that so there is no point looking at his price.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Against mid to lower tier opponents who themselves have disjointed attacks. The true litmus test always comes up against top tier opposition and it shows we are very far off even considering the age and lack of playing time this squad has got together.

Also 10 games is not a long unbeaten run lmao. Arteta has convinced this fanbase that doing the bare minimum is a fantastic performance.
I agree with you, Iā€™m one of the people who said the unbeaten run was misleading, but for me, it was misleading because of the midfield and attack, not the defence. The defence was playing well, but, all our goals were coming as a result of an action from the opposition defender or set pieces rather than opening teams up with good football.

The midfield and attack is the problem. Not the defence.

tcahill

Said this before and I'll say it again. Universally people would have preferred to keep Saliba and spend that 50 mill on a CM. Happy to be corrected but I've never seen anyone disagree with that.

I don't see the point in raising his price tag every game he doesn't play like prime Maldini, he's here now, and with his talent will hopefully grow into a world class CB.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom