• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
White made a couple of errors but grew into the game and also did pretty well in the air considering most people on here seem to feel he is totally useless,

Obviously Gabriel & Tomi did well. I thought our young defence looked rather decent all things considered .
Anyone moaning about a clean sheet seriously needs to give their head a fkin wobble.

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
He made a mistake, which can happen, but (only watched second half) I just love his quality and composure on the ball, makes such a massive difference to have a defender that can be pressed by an attacker, step on the ball drag and it and make a calm decision instead of hoofing it. Made a couple short diagonal passes with good weight to lokonga that I absolutely loved too, the kind of pass to keep and avance possession that just no one else on our team does or any centre back that I remember in our team in recent times had in his locker.

Not an upgrade on Luiz my arse. Massive upgrade. Luiz was decent on the ball but was not nearly as calm and composed and able to withstand pressure and pick a pass without hoofing it as White is.

Best CB I have seen on the ball in my 25 years of supporting arsenal, it has to be said.

Massive upgrade and really is a game changer for us in possession / construction and playing from the back.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Kolo is probably my fav on the ball defender at Arsenal, some of his passes were like having a deep playmaker in defence.

Haphazard

Why have we bought this guy? if he makes so many mistakes and has no aerial ability why not save money and just use Saliba, how on earth is he worse than this guy?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Short passes were happening all over today, he's never made a pass that led to an opposition shot so don't worry about it Batman.
So you feel good about paying 50m for a defender who can't track runners, can't win duels in the air and apparently isn't strong enough to make 10 yard passes when the grass isn't pristine? Yeah, nothing to worry about.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

Has made 3 or 4 Mustafi level errors now since he joined. Heā€™s lucky none of them ended up in a goal.

Thereā€™s plenty of time but at the moment he looks like a CM at CB.

Show me all 4 please.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Show me all 4 please.
I said 3-4 (considering the 4th may have happened against Brentford but I canā€™t remember).

2 against Norwich. In the first half there was a situation where they ran down our right side and while Tomiyasu was defending White just stood 5 miles off his man and Pukki easily collected the ball from the left winger. Was the dumbest **** Iā€™ve seen. He then did a more high profile version of it in the second half and Gabriel had to clear from Pukki (last 15m).

Against Burnley it was the pass to them where he put them through on goal. Which is prime Musti.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
@OnlyOne Thereā€™s no point judging just now anyway, Iā€™m just saying itā€™s been a dodgy start. Itā€™s basically his first time playing in a 2 in the PL though so he gets time.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

I said 3-4 (considering the 4th may have happened against Brentford but I canā€™t remember).

2 against Norwich. In the first half there was a situation where they ran down our right side and while Tomiyasu was defending White just stood 5 miles off his man and Pukki easily collected the ball from the left winger. Was the dumbest **** Iā€™ve seen. He then did a more high profile version of it in the second half and Gabriel had to clear from Pukki (last 15m).

Against Burnley it was the pass to them where he put them through on goal. Which is prime Musti.

Interesting.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tbfā€¦itā€™s only been 3 matches?
Against bog standard teams. He's making mistakes and looking out of his depth against relegation level opposition. He has been unbelievably fortunate that it hasn't cost us more than it has. Do you think that will improve against proper opposition? Are you looking forward to seeing him against Kane and Son next week based on what he's shown thus far? I don't understand how anyone can look at how absolutely hopeless and clueless he looks for large stretches of games, when he hasn't even faced the kind of opposition you would think you spend 50m on a player to compete with and not be concerned. He hasn't just been average or a bit shaky. He's been absolutely terrible against the kind of teams you would hope are the easy matches to bed in against. We've certainly had enough brainless dogsh*t defenders here in recent years for all of you to recognize what they look like so I genuinely don't get what more you need to see. He looks exactly like Mustafi, just slightly better on the ball and considerably weaker. That is not what we should be aspiring to and I have no idea why anyone wants to pretend that it is. Everyone told me that his PL experience gave him a leg up on Saliba yet Saliba is putting in top class performances every week without fail and Tomi looks like he's been here for years already. Why is it that the 1 guy out of the 3 who should be bedded in to PL football already looks by far the worst? Make that make sense.

Top Bottom