• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Found a compilation.

0:19, 1:03, 1:06, 1:15, 1:40, 1:47 are the moments I'm talking about that I love (they've missed at least one pass in between the lines to Lokonga that I liked), that just have nothing to do with what we're used to with the passing ability and composure on the ball we've seen with our CBs under Arteta.

Hard to understand how this performance is getting so much criticism when you see the defensive actions too (where the statistics are all telling us he had a very good game-- he and Gabriel got 7.57 and 7.58 ratings on whoscored, second after Ødegaard), which is what most of you who are criticising him are putting most emphasis on. Hard to not think there are agendas at work here...

This was the disaster class people were going on about? :lol:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Spot on, as I have said many a time once this forum forms an opinion that's it they'll never change it and use any stick they can to beat Arteta. I said it's hard to judge Arteta on a loss vs CL champions when we were missing 5/6 first teamers and AM lost it.
Yeah, it's frustrating. So much agenda at work always, it makes it hard to have any real, honest discussion, aside from a few posters who clearly aren't interested in that like the majority. It feels like even if we have a good season people will desperately cling to all they can to not admit they were like rabid dogs with Arteta and grew a strong personal dislike and hatred for him. Tbf this is now the second internet forum I've been on in my life and it seems like this is just the way it is. People got mad at me on the old one, OA, for saying that Em*ry was a bad hire the moment it happened and two years later were still incapable of saying that they were wrong.

Let's hope we win the NLD and that changes the atmosphere a bit!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This was the disaster class people were going on about? :lol:
That backpass goes in rather than being saved and you're basically looking at a Mustafi highlights video. He wasn't bad outside the crazy errors.

Not comparing White to Mustafi :lol: but I'm just saying this doesnt mean much. It takes a long time to sus out a CB, maybe even a few seasons. White has had a slightly shakey start but will certainly improve. And he looked quite good in the air in that video so I'm glad with that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That backpass goes in rather than being saved and you're basically looking at a Mustafi highlights video. He wasn't bad outside the crazy errors.
Nah, c'mon, that's not fair. Mustafi's calm and composure on the ball and decision making with his passing never came close to that level. He also typically made at least one or two errors in decision making defensively be it positioning or decision making on how to handle a certain moment (slide tackle versus standing up and 'aguantando' the attacker--don't know how to say this in English but it means the opposite of going in for a tackle, but rather keeping the attacker at bay by defending him without going in) per game, something we don't see in that compilation.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I said it's hard to judge Arteta on a loss vs CL champions when we were missing 5/6 first teamers and AM lost it.
The Office Reaction GIF

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Anyways, crappy backpass aside which Ramsdale brilliantly handled thought Ben White was ok man. I think the scrutiny will be deeper with him unfortunately.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He actually put in a great performance all things considered. But one slightly under-hit back pass and people are sticking the knife in.

Gabriel put in 20 worse performances last season and the reaction was nowhere near this bad.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Not even Wenger would get a result but Arsenal fans would defend to the hills.
Yeah we're not going to pretend that Chelsea match was the start of Arteta's problems though.

Let's just stick to Ben White you have a whole job on your hands defending this overpriced munchkin anyways.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah we're not going to pretend that Chelsea match was the start of Arteta's problems though.

Let's just stick to Ben White you have a whole job on your hands defending this overpriced munchkin anyways.

Not mentioned any of that, you know how I feel about Arteta.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He actually put in a great performance all things considered. But one slightly under-hit back pass and people are sticking the knife in.

Gabriel put in 20 worse performances last season and the reaction was nowhere near this bad.
Except he didn’t. Brighton scammed us

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He does have a tendency to watch the ball without reacting, hopefully we can get that out of his game, especially now that he will be playing in a 2.

Lot of potential though, hope he fulfills it here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What stood out for me is how slow he was to play the ball out from the back and how average he seemed on it.
Burnley blocked all passing lanes well on quite a few occasions but they did it at the expense of pressing White.

Our players were meant to make quick darts and create new lanes but were reluctant too which resulted in White just standing on the ball for seconds at a time. It looks bad but there’s not really much he could do.

I feel a lot of other CBs would have given up and hoofed it up/gone back to keeper earlier.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Think he was ok in the match. Actually did the defensive basics pretty well apart from the back pass which was good to see. Don't think he is this Jedi knight on the ball though, but I'm sure he'll get better.

Everyone jumping on that back pass has conveniently forgotten Gabriel passing it straight to Maxwell Cornet in the box (and Ramsdale's save) - as if one incident happened but the other never did.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everyone jumping on that back pass has conveniently forgotten Gabriel passing it straight to Maxwell Cornet in the box (and Ramsdale's save) - as if one incident happened but the other never did.

Was that not more of a last ditch clearance, after the ball was bouncing around in the box?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Just love the reason and insight you bring to discussions mate 😍🤪🤡
We should sue them tbh. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold us a random dude from Brighton and they still have the real Ben White and changed his name and he still playing for them

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Was that not more of a last ditch clearance, after the ball was bouncing around in the box?
Maybe, but it was 5 yards and pretty slow so I think you could call it a pass, definitely an error. Think Gabriel's been immense in the last two games, it's just funny to see the judgement one player gets for a very similar incident. I haven't been blown away by White yet either but calling him a bum off of three games where we've had two clean sheets is just ridiculous.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Burnley blocked all passing lanes well on quite a few occasions but they did it at the expense of pressing White.

Our players were meant to make quick darts and create new lanes but were reluctant too which resulted in White just standing on the ball for seconds at a time. It looks bad but there’s not really much he could do.

I feel a lot of other CBs would have given up and hoofed it up/gone back to keeper earlier.
I think Burnley worked really hard and I like the test they presented us. What I would say is that Gabriel was more assertive when he tried to play out from the back and a couple of times, White seemed to get his feet tangled up going backwards. I want him to be more assertive or even hit it long in to space. We can't afford for some of what we see and the negative rhetoric around him to take hold.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom