• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think the best way to mentally deal with the Sailba situation is to, firstly tell yourself he is finished here (as it will be the hope that kills you) as I feel Arteta will just do enough to keep his job for next season (sadly) and hopefully White really develops well into his partnership with Gabriel.

That way, if Arteta is sacked and William comes back here, it will be the best news ever for you...as opposed to dreaming of him playing for Arsenal next year, all this season...then having your hopes cruelly crushed when he is sold to PSG, and we give Pablo Mari a new contract next summer.

Feel the pain will be less, if you do it this way.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think the best way to mentally deal with the Sailba situation is to, firstly tell yourself he is finished here (as it will be the hope that kills you) as I feel Arteta will just do enough to keep his job for next season (sadly) and hopefully White really develops well into his partnership with Gabriel.

That way, if Arteta is sacked and William comes back here, it will be the best news ever for you...as opposed to dreaming of him playing for Arsenal next year, all this season...then having your hopes cruelly crushed when he is sold to PSG, and we give Pablo Mari a new contract next summer.

This has to be the saddest post ever written on AM

Riou

alonzo.gif

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Hmm in what way?

Whilst I sort of see what Riou is trying to say, if Saliba does end up leaving because of this situation and then (as would probably be the case) goes onto have a fantastic career I'd find it hard to get past.

Partly because we've needed a type of defender like him for a long time and botching it right when we've got him because of (in my opinion) a very mediocre manager would be infuriating.

Put it this way, if you ask me which is more likely, that Saliba becomes peak Van Dijk mark 2 or that Arteta becomes Barca Pep 2 I pick the former every day of the week.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

:lol:

You still hurt that you couldnā€™t slide into my DMs?

Comeback szn for my defender Saliba.

Riou

Arteta getting us into the Champions League this season is more likely, than Saliba coming back to us next year, imo.

Honestly feel that we have completely messed up this situation, to the point of no return for the player.

Hope I am wrong though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ā­

Too much written in the stars for Saliba not to make it here despite the darkness preventing it right now. Keep hope... remember **** like this -> biblical stuff.

Did you speak to any of our players about Arsenal before signing?
Yeah, I spoke to Matteo [Guendouzi]. I even bumped into him at a funfair in Paris, and that's where I told him that Arsenal wanted to sign me! He gently advised me to come here and explained what it was like.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I think the back three dreams died when we signed a defensive RB, there isnā€™t a RWB in the squad now and I donā€™t think weā€™ll be signing one.

Best we can hope for is a Leipzig situation where we have three very good CBs and can sell one for big money.
My boy AMN is perfect for the wing back role if we were to go down that route

Riou

Hmm in what way?

Whilst I sort of see what Riou is trying to say, if Saliba does end up leaving because of this situation and then (as would probably be the case) goes onto have a fantastic career I'd find it hard to get past.

Partly because we've needed a type of defender like him for a long time and botching it right when we've got him because of (in my opinion) a very mediocre manager would be infuriating.

Put it this way, if you ask me which is more likely, that Saliba becomes peak Van Dijk mark 2 or that Arteta becomes Barca Pep 2 I pick the former every day of the week.

I think he means the thought of losing Saliba, in the very stupid and self inflicted way we are probably going to lose him, is what's sad.

Think he is agreeing with me.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think he means the thought of losing Saliba, in the very stupid and self inflicted way we are probably going to lose him, is what's sad.

Think he is agreeing with me.
I just found it funny how emotional you went on with it, most people would just laugh at Arteta or hate him for that, but I never thought someone could get sad about it :lol:

Done with Saliba, no way he ever plays for us even if Arteta leaves

Riou

I just found it funny how emotional you went on with it, most people would just laugh at Arteta or hate him for that, but I never thought someone could get sad about it :lol:

Done with Saliba, no way he ever plays for us even if Arteta leaves

I imagine most people would be sad about losing Saliba, no?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I imagine most people would be sad about losing Saliba, no?
Nah man, I was sad in a way about losing Cazorla and the way we've lost him, but the situation with Saliba either makes you laugh at the stupidity of Arteta or you want him to get sacked because of it, which means angry I guess

Riou

Nah man, I was sad in a way about losing Cazorla and the way we've lost him, but the situation with Saliba either makes you laugh at the stupidity of Arteta or you want him to get sacked because of it, which means angry I guess

Fair enough, Santi's exit was sad...but he was in his 30s, had played for us for years, and had a great career here, then left.

Saliba was signed as the next big thing from France as a teen, played 1 time for us against MK Dons ( a friendly, on ****ing YouTube :lol: ) then we binned him off in favour of the likes of Mustafi.

Will have more regrets with William's Arsenal tenure, tbh.

AbouCuƩllar

Author of A-M essays šŸ“š
Repeat with me, lads: Saliba is a 20 year old CB.

There is literally nothing to make you all so sure that he is done at this club. Nothing to say that he cannot be reincorporated back into this squad next season even if Mikel is still the manager. You all are having a breakdown over reading overly into things and hypotheticals. Let's see what happens and on the off chance it turns out to be true what you guys think you can have your breakdown then.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Repeat with me, lads: Saliba is a 20 year old CB.

There is literally nothing to make you all so sure that he is done at this club. Nothing to say that he cannot be reincorporated back into this squad next season even if Mikel is still the manager. You all are having a breakdown over reading overly into things and hypotheticals. Let's see what happens and on the off chance it turns out to be true what you guys think you can have your breakdown then.
He already has 50+ games and by the end of the season that's gonna be 80+, so no way he joins us to be a backup for BW, and no way Arteta admits his mistake by benching BW which was so far his biggest transfer business. The only working solution for everyone would be to use BW as a DMC, but there is very little data on how BW would perform there at this level

TornadoTed

Established Member
The thing that puzzles me is why people talk like we only need two good players for two positions and anyone else is backup and will barely get a kick. If we are ever going to compete with City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool we need first XI quality but we also need depth.

The drop off from Partey and Xhaka to Ceballos and Elneny, the drop off from Tierney to Cedric not to mention having coronary every time Leno had a heavy collision and the thought of Runarsson coming in killed us last season.

Having three good defenders in White, Saliba and Gabriel will breed healthy competition and means we won't have a significant drop off in quality if a player gets injured, suspended or loses form. That helps massively with consistency over a long season. We need as many good players as possible if we are going to close the gap to the top sides as far as I am concerned.

Having a good first XI and then a bunch of mediocre players happy to sit on the bench and play 10 games a season is small time thinking in my opinion

Latest posts+

Top Bottom