• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

nick gould

Hes outstanding on the ball, no doubt. Burnley pressed well, and I think with Ƙdegaard and ESR still novices to the number 8 positions, we lacked options from midfield, so it was tough for him to really show his passing range. I think his trademark is that ball over the top down the right channel, I think we'll see that quite a lot.

Even if he turns out to be an average defender, his distribution from the back is a big plus for the team, especially if we ever move to a back 3.
I watched the game at the stadium and then watched full replay. My first initial thought when we signed him was that he doesn't have that arrogance that other not-so-tall world-class defenders have. I am talking about players like Ramos, Carlos Puyol (5 feet 10). I think he should be using Kounde as a role model. The boy is so polished it's unreal.

But when I watched him play against Burnley, I felt that he slowed things down a lot. Maybe it was the plan, we didn't want Burnley to build any momentum. Those mistakes that he made, I think it showed that he was not affected by his mistakes, he kept trying to play. When he wants too, he can jump really high. I think he will come good.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
I watched the game at the stadium and then watched full replay. My first initial thought when we signed him was that he doesn't have that arrogance that other not-so-tall world-class defenders have. I am talking about players like Ramos, Carlos Puyol (5 feet 10). I think he should be using Kounde as a role model. The boy is so polished it's unreal.

But when I watched him play against Burnley, I felt that he slowed things down a lot. Maybe it was the plan, we didn't want Burnley to build any momentum. Those mistakes that he made, I think it showed that he was not affected by his mistakes, he kept trying to play. When he wants too, he can jump really high. I think he will come good.

It depends what people expect of him. Due to the points you mentioned, I don't think he will ever be a world class CB, I don't think he's a good enough defender or is commanding enough (I think long term Saliba is that player for us). But I do think he will be a good player, he's great on the ball, athletic and versatile.

Regarding his ability on the ball, I wouldn't take much from the Burnley game. We played a very compact team and it was his third game with us, he's still adapting to the team. His distribution will improve as he gains more confidence imo.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

giphy.gif

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Not sure about Upamecano, looked a bit suspect every time Iā€™ve watched him play. Only seen him a handful of times though. Yeah Van Dijk is definitely up there, but for me itā€™s Bonnuci, Luiz and Sergio Ramos who I forgot to mention.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ā­
Sometimes stats can be misleading. Just what Benny Blanco play he can clearly create openings from the back. Itā€™s not just his passing his dribbling is very good- he can progress the ball either way.

Iā€™m pleased with him and heā€™s still very young. A big game against Harry Kane will kickstart his Arsenal career in the best way possible.

razƶrist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sometimes stats can be misleading. Just what Benny Blanco play he can clearly create openings from the back. Itā€™s not just his passing his dribbling is very good- he can progress the ball either way.

Iā€™m pleased with him and heā€™s still very young. A big game against Harry Kane will kickstart his Arsenal career in the best way possible.
This is why you are an elite poster m8 always levels above the competition.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone šŸ“²
This first half he's been beyond elite, no words. Do this again the next 45 minutes and you will easily shut everyone up BW!

samerbeni

In what way and how often does your virginity affect your life? How many people know about it? Are you a 'closet' virgin or are you open about it? Are you ashamed of it?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
His best performance so far. Really kept Kane quiet for most of the match. However, he does have the Bozo gene. He will probably make one big mistake every game. Sometimes it will get punished and sometimes it won't. Kicking out on Kane like that was idiotic but thankfully we got a bit lucky.

Gooner1988TK

His best performance so far. Really kept Kane quiet for most of the match. However, he does have the Bozo gene. He will probably make one big mistake every game. Sometimes it will get punished and sometimes it won't. Kicking out on Kane like that was idiotic but thankfully we got a bit lucky.
Yeah the same trait Koscielny had!

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Poor Kane got pocketed against the guy who he thought was gonna be easy change. Loved his sliding tackle early in the game dispossessing Son(?) while holding on to the ball. Put his leg out in front of Kane but was quick to get it back in without Kane touching it, Kane thought his dive would be enough to turn the tide of the game but alas it wasnt Mike Dean today.

Dont know whether it was Nuno's decision or Kane's but Kane moved over to Gabriel's side more in the second half but got pocketed by Gabriel then. Absolutely brilliant to have 2 centrebacks in form.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So glad this guy put in a great performance today, he was getting so much over the top unjustified abuse and being written off ridiculously. All of a sudden we've got a better keeper behind him, our first choice back 4 and our first choice midfield pivot and it helps him settle in a bit more. Who would have thought?

Top Bottom