• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ā­
Fairly sure Aaron Ramsey was the exact same, as was Kos. Plenty of players don't follow football/have other interests. It's just a job to some, and some give it their all while they are at work, some switch off after.

Thank you for supporting my argument.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I saw quotes of him saying he didn't know much about Vieira, so looked at the actual interview and now it makes sense. His age and not watching football, guess he's just being honest.
He's quite basic, but it's also nice how laid back and straightforward he is. Can't judge too much by interviews anyway, needs to do his talking on the pitch.

grange

Losing my brain cells šŸ„ø

Player:Havertz
No way do people think most footballers actually sit down and watch football all day. :lol:

You'd be surprised how many want to switch off from it completely when they get home and are with their loved ones/friends/etc.

Fans really are a delusional bunch. Want players to sit around all day eating Cheetos never changing out of their wife beaters all weekend like they do.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fans really are a delusional bunch. Want players to sit around all day eating Cheetos never changing out of their wife beaters all weekend like they do.

It's all the talk of doing extra work that I find hilarious, as if players are there with a notepad and pen drawing diagrams while watching Bayern Munich vs Frankfurt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pyres7

I can understand him wanting to switch off from football as a professional footballer, when you spend most of your time training, playing, and analysing your performances.

The weird part was that he never watched football when he was young. I thought most players that get to that level of professional football, would get there by trying to emulate the best players they watch/watched when they were younger.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

I can understand him wanting to switch off from football as a professional footballer, when you spend most of your time training, playing, and analysing your performances.

The weird part was that he never watched football when he was young. I thought most players that get to that level of professional football, would get there by trying to emulate the best players they watch/watched when they were younger.

Think he used to play and watch cricket.

silent_shadow

Established Member
I remember there was either an interview with Wenger or a behind-the-scenes where one of the things he judged young players on was their passion and interest in football. And if they showed no interest, he didn't think they'd make it to the top.

Have to agree that anyone who's not passionate about the game will never become one of the best. Although I guess we're no longer aiming for great now; midtable seems to be this club's sweet spot now so it's not a big deal for them.

But you'd think ,when splurging 50m on a young player, that'd be one of the red flags a good coach should know to look for šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I remember there was either an interview with Wenger or a behind-the-scenes where one of the things he judged young players on was their passion and interest in football. And if they showed no interest, he didn't think they'd make it to the top.

Have to agree that anyone who's not passionate about the game will never become one of the best. Although I guess we're no longer aiming for great now; midtable seems to be this club's sweet spot now so it's not a big deal for them.

But you'd think ,when splurging 50m on a young player, that'd be one of the red flags a good coach should know to look for šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I mean being a 50 million PL footballer for one of the biggest clubs in the world is a pretty good level to reach for someone who lacks "passion"

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

Heā€™s your typical love island guy. Sits around on insta all day messaging models, into fashion, loves a fake tan. Know a few lads that know him.
I get that vibe tbh so I donā€™t even doubt this. Not that it bothers me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe he admitted he didn't know much about Vieira smh.

Paddy was so into the game, he even spent hours watching fake football too (was a big fan of Dream Team) that's the commitment that takes you right to the top!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
it's an individual thing.

I'd agree to that. I love playing Volleyball, my sisters loev it and played at the highest level, yet none of us watch it - or very seldomly. It's a mix of Volleyball honestly being far more entertaining to play than to watch imo - me, re: sports I'm just a footie fan anyway so that's what I watch - and then there's also the aspect of not wanting to have more of that in your life: You're playing the sport, you're training multiple times a week, it's such a big part of your life anyway, and then you want to come home and see/do more of it? I guess that's just not for everyone.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom