• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

tcahill

When 1-2 players have bad games, that's on them. When most of them have bad games, that's on the manager.

There was also absolutely no movement further up the pitch. Several times he was clearly looking for someone to hit with a long pass but instead just had to go to Gabriel.

Keen to see him under a competent manager, he's clearly got quality, but for now he seems to be Arteta'd.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

I see people going after him again and I'm not going to sit here and defend him or anything. But I'm here to question whether people think we'd be better/much better with Saliba or Holding at the back and a 50M player in CM next to Partey or a 50M striker up top? Pick who you want.

I think we'd be asking the same questions over whoever was picked.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I see people going after him again and I'm not going to sit here and defend him or anything. But I'm here to question whether people think we'd be better/much better with Saliba or Holding at the back and a 50M player in CM next to Partey or a 50M striker up top? Pick who you want.

I canā€™t judge any player fully because they are coached by an incompetent manager. We seen so many players look half the players because of the manager and the club gets a competent manager and the players look better. I think the route we went with Arteta defies logic. Itā€™s one thing to get inexperienced manager, but to give him inexperienced players and tell him guide them when he has never done it before is crazy. But on the other hand experienced players would know he is fraud and turn on him. So the whole buy young is for self protection

OnlyOne

Trusted ā­

I canā€™t judge any player fully because they are coached by an incompetent manager. We seen so many players look half the players because of the manager and the club gets a competent manager and the players look better. I think the route we went with Arteta defies logic. Itā€™s one thing to get inexperienced manager, but to give him inexperienced players and tell him guide them when he has never done it before is crazy. But on the other hand experienced players would know he is fraud and turn on him. So the whole buy young is for self protection

I get why you think this, and I agree with the first bit. But a young team hasnā€™t protected him at all, Iā€™m so surprised at the majority outrage last night. No one has excuses anymore, young or not itā€™s nowhere near good enough.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I get why you think this, and I agree with the first bit. But a young team hasnā€™t protected him at all, Iā€™m so surprised at the majority outrage last night. No one has excuses anymore, young or not itā€™s nowhere near good enough.
There is zero pressure in the media on him. Our club is being so mismanaged and itā€™s like everyone outside the club has accepted this is not a big club

OnlyOne

Trusted ā­

There is zero pressure in the media on him. Our club is being so mismanaged and itā€™s like everyone outside the club has accepted this is not a big club

The pressure will build when the fans turn and last night was the first time Iā€™ve seen the majority feel like this, havenā€™t seen an excuse anywhere.

tcahill

Yes definitely. I think White is a good player (with the potential to be a great one), but a bad signing.

Think of it this way.

Saliba-Gabriel with Neves-Partey in front.

White-Gabriel with Xhaka-Partey in front.

Next season having one of White/Saliba sitting twiddling their thumbs is extremely short sighted by the club. That being said, White is here now, I don't think there's any point debating whether or not he should have been signed.

tcahill

Yep this is driving me nuts, if none of our players look good it's the system that's bad. We have a good squad. Maybe not a title challenging one, but definitely a top 4 challenging one.

Disagree about the buying young point though, that's the best thing we've done for years.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think we'd be better with a 50M CM next to Partey and Saliba, Holding and Mavropanos making up our CB rotation in addition to Gabriel, yes. With a 50M striker, probably not.

Our lack of creativity as a team stems from the lack thereof in midfield. We're trying to play possession football without the technicians required for it.

Ben White is a decent player with upside, but the problem always was the fact that we overspent on him despite having decent players with upside at CB already and a glaring need in midfield.

Malky

Established Member
Right who on here gave me abuse when I called White exactly what he is - a ****ing **** defender. Waste of Ā£50M.
Just hopefully we sack Arteta and replace this clown with Saliba next season. Honestly, what a waste of money.

Malky

Established Member
Seriously, if Mustafi was putting in this standard of defending everyone on here would lose their ****. But because he's English people still want to hope he'll come good :facepalm: :lol:

Seriously, if Mustafi was putting in this standard of defending everyone on here would lose their ****. But because he's English people still want to hope he'll come good :facepalm: :lol:
Seriously, if Holding was putting in this standard of defending everyone on here would lose their ****. But because his name's Ben White and have better hairs and tattoos people still want to hope he'll come good :facepalm: :lol:

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I thought he was good with his feet?

Sure he can drill the ball 50 yards, but being good with your feet is also about retaining the ball in tight situations and turning defence into attack. So far all heā€™s shown is that he can strike the ball well and dribble down a cul-de-sac.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ā­
Dm1HT6NXcAAscf5.jpg

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

I do get the Mustafi comparisons a bit I can't even lie unfortunately. Not on the ball, but in terms of the ball watching and composure side of things it's definitely reminiscent.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

I do get the Mustafi comparisons a bit I can't even lie unfortunately. Not on the ball, but in terms of the ball watching and composure side of things it's definitely reminiscent.

But Mustafi didnt hate football and actually won a world cup. So im more Mustafi In than White In.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit šŸ’ø
Dusted šŸ”»

But Mustafi didnt hate football and actually won a world cup. So im more Mustafi In than White In.
White's been here 5 mins and made quite the jump up and is in a defense full of babies managing themselves.

We just have to hope he/this situation gets better.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Seriously, if Holding was putting in this standard of defending everyone on here would lose their ****. But because his name's Ben White and have better hairs and tattoos people still want to hope he'll come good :facepalm: :lol:
Nah people would just claim " that's what you get for Ā£2M " or mock the " sorry he didn't cost Ā£55M " Wenger quote.
I'd rather we stuck with Holding and spent the Ā£50M on a CM.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

We already have a 50m striker up front, another one on the bench and a 72m player sitting next to them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom