• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Camus

Trusted ā­
People read too much about him not watching games they have life outside of football they not like us have free time and watch games from other league or some PL games.

they train every day and they watch videos in training and analyzing the opponents "from pro coaches" that 100Ɨ useful than watching the game from your sofa.
Most football fans work from 9-5/6PM 5 days a week with what? At most 30 days off during the year? That is significantly less free time than professional footballers.

I remember Paul Clement said once that I Madrid they only trained 4 hours a day. And you don't train on match days so that means 1-2 times a week you don't train, and sometimes get recovery days after a game do you either do no training, or less training, for an extra day as well. Footballers actually have a tonne of free time, way, way more than ordinary people.

So Ben White has more than enough free time to watch the odd game of football. It's up to him if he doesn't want to, as long as he watches analytics to improve his game (which he's said he does). But I've always found it very bizarre when professional footballer say they don't watch football.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There's plenty to swing at this game, but I thought Ben White had one of our few decent performances.
That's what I thought as well - been a bit underwhelmed with White before but genuinely thought he looked decent tonight.

tcahill

People read too much about him not watching games they have life outside of football they not like us have free time and watch games from other league or some PL games.

they train every day and they watch videos in training and analyzing the opponents "from pro coaches" that 100Ɨ useful than watching the game from your sofa.

Definitely agree, what players do in THEIR OWN time is really no business of ours. Strong 'Bellerin is crap because he's passionate about he environment' vibes here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
To be fair players like Ronaldo batistuta and few others also not interested in watching games well that didn't affect them much i guess.

Maybe being coached by Bielsa made white hate watching games because that Bielsa dude is going to make you crazy with his video analyzing šŸ¤£.

TinFish

He's alight, but not worth the price tag. He doesn't inspire leadership and confidence which is what Arsenal need in the back line. We need a harry Maguire figure.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He's alight, but not worth the price tag. He doesn't inspire leadership and confidence which is what Arsenal need in the back line. We need a harry Maguire figure.
I quite like 'Arry as a defender but it's probably the wrong week to
compare White & Maguire. Didn't he just put in a disaster-class for United?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn't he just put in a disaster-class for United?

That was a pretty standard Maguire performance for Yanited, tbh.

He's good for England, when he's protected by a low-block/a 3 at the back formation...but whenever he has to try and defend space in behind, he's almost as bad as Mustafi.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
White's looking like another Luiz. No chance of him catching covid the amount space he gives opposition and fails to close down.

Shocking that White is being played ahead of our cleansheet merchant of last season in Rob Holding.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
lol you really believe that?

I think your boi Holding ends up back in this team though. I wasn't massive on Rob but Ben isn't a 50 mil upgrade admittedly, not even close.
I'm exaggerating but Mustafi's problem was that he was insanely accident prone. Ben White might not be as accident prone but he doesn't do the other aspects of defending better than Mustafi tbh.

Yeah he's really not an improvement on Holding and we spent 50m on him, it's this kind of sh*t that holds us back. Our marquee signings never perform to where we need them to. I know you hate when people bring up price tags of players but if you're spending 100s of millions each transfer window you need to improve.

However it's harsh to get onto the players with the Arteta tax they have to face.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All I can conclude is that some mariana trench depth of analysis was carried out before signing Benjamin. Stuff I'll probably never understand or would rather pull my eyes out than have explained to me. He's been alright lately though. Just not Ā£50m 'alright'.

Pyres7

White's looking like another Luiz. No chance of him catching covid the amount space he gives opposition and fails to close down.

Shocking that White is being played ahead of our cleansheet merchant of last season in Rob Holding.
Yeah he gave me Luiz vibes on Palace's second goal. Luiz always backed off too much, it's basically the opposite of blindly throwing himself into tackles like Mustafi.

Backing off is obviously better, but it's still bad defending if you let someone run at you and get an unchallenged shot off from that range.

I thought White was good apart from that though tbf. Just needs to be careful not to make that a feature of his defending, like Luiz did.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

We paid PL + Homegrown + England international tax on him. If you wanna judge him as a 50M player youā€™re just going to frustrate yourself.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

All I can conclude is that some mariana trench depth of analysis was carried out before signing Benjamin. Stuff I'll probably never understand or would rather pull my eyes out than have explained to me. He's been alright lately though. Just not Ā£50m 'alright'.
I doubt we did much scouting or do tbh. Cause if we watched Brighton we would know he was their weakest CB. Their defence has improved since he left and they didnā€™t buy anyone. We conceded more than double than Brighton after buying their 50 million CB. The worst thing is he is not better than Holding, but we have to play him because of fee

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­

i really like these stuff from him yesterday just something fresh to have a defender who not afraid to take a ball forward with pace he did the same at 2nd half when we were struggling to create. we'll see alot from him doing that this season.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ā­
Not good on the second goal but otherwise just all right
yes the keep dropping back thing need to stop we been doing that alot not only white but other defenders too Mertesacker Kosh were also keep dropping back just allowing the attacker enter the box.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom