• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Haphazard

Fantastic. Very pleased with this signing, addressed a very important need and got it. We badly needed a CB with composure, quality, and personality on the ball, and whatever people say about Saliba we just did not have that, him being 20 years old and partnering a player in limited experience in Gabriel.

You have to say in two transfer windows since the new regime took over from the disasterclass of Em*ry and RaĆ¼l "Three Fids a Day" SanllehĆ­, we've made quite a lot of important first XI signings needed to get us to the level required for top 4-6 competition.

• RCB with quality and composure on the ball who can cope with the demands of playing out from the back in a possession style: check.
  • LCB with quality on the ball and defensive characteristics necessary and major projection: check.
  • CM with quality on the ball and tactical intelligence defensively, and press resistance and needed quality to improve our play both in possession and in transitions, while providing tactical and defensive quality: check.
  • CAM with quality, composure to link midfield and attack in the 10 space, and play the final ball: check.
Add in Ramsdale who it is early days but looks promising (despite all the vitriol directed at the idea of his signing... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø), Lokonga who looks a decent midfield partner for Thomas in the immediate and long-term, Saka's evolution into a sort of Iniesta like playmaker who is more often than not the one to unbalance the defence with his movement on the half-turn and in half-spaces (see our goal today), ESR's emergence as a glue player and ball-carrier who speeds our play up in transitions and links midfield and attack in dangerous situations from wide and half-spaces, and Pepe's major development under this regime (gone from looking like an absolute flop to one of my favourite players currently), Tomiyasu who it is early days but looks a promising RB signing, and you can see that we've basically re-built the XI from top to bottom (minus #9, and even then the regime has had a big hand in him staying on and not leaving) from the absolute disaster that was inherited under the rudderless and shocking technical planning under RaĆ¼l and Em*ry, which really only rivalled in its incompetence that of the regime we took RaĆ¼l 'Three Fids a Day' from.

Results need to accompany this season no matter what, there is absolutely no excuse for anything less than 6th, and personally my reasonable expectation would be 5th, with my best case scenario being pushing for top 4. But people need to look at what this regime has done so far, putting aside all the anger and the ranting and raving and with a cool head, and re-assess. If we do finish top 6, or 5th, as I expect, this season, then this regime deserves a lot of credit from where it has taken us, in the absolute disastrous state it picked us up in.
White will be a flop and Emery had a better reign no matter how many times you post on here Mikel.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Very promising signs. He is so composed on the ball and has a great distribution. With guys like Gabriel and Tomi helping with the aerial threat, I think weā€™ll learn to appreciate his unique ability on the ball. That said, it doesnā€™t really help much that our CB is quick to find passes forward if we canā€™t do anything with the ball in the final third

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

Sensational distribution and composure on the ball.

However, I remember two distinct occasions where his positioning off the ball almost handed them a goal. So itā€™s a mixed game for me.
Got bullied/caught under the ball by Pukki who almost got a last minute equaliser, if that went in it would be a very different story.

Juryā€™s still out for sure.

Trilly

Trusted ā­

Tesco isnā€™t gonna rob itself.
Was waiting. :lol:

The guy is a mess these days and has managed to fall even lower. Bored of super markets and is robbing local businesses now.
Saw him jump over the counter at the chippies and run off with just one sausage in batter. Iā€™ve given up on trying to understand him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ā­

The guy is a mess these days and has managed to fall even lower. Bored of super markets and is robbing local businesses now.
Saw him jump over the counter at the chippies and run off with just one sausage in batter. Iā€™ve given up on trying to understand him.
He reminds me of the guy who posted his letters in the dog waste bin on Afterlife.

Shocking downfall.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I legitimately saw someone try to steal from Tesco, a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly for him this massive lump of a security guard caught him, had a terrifying Scottish accent too.

The guard just kinda held him up against the front of the shop for ages, the guy even asked if he was gonna call the police, but the Scottish told to only speak when spoken too and just refused to let go of him.

Wanted to see what happened, but it was getting dark and I didn't want to get caught up in anything myself...very dodgy vibe all round though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When White left the ball right at the end for no reason, then Gabriel saved him with the block...what was he doing there?

Had flashbacks of Mustafi at that point.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You and the mobile sex pest are lucky you're broke.

Trilly

Trusted ā­

When White left the ball right at the end for no reason, then Gabriel saved him with the block...what was he doing there?

Had flashbacks of Mustafi at that point.
Iā€™m worried about him but Iā€™m not sure how much of it we have to ignore as he is a baby in CB years. Would be interesting to know how many mistakes the top CBs were making in their early years.

Weā€™re going to have to be patient with him which is asking a lot of the fan base. The average age of our first choice back like is like 23? There are going to be tough times ahead but if they all develop together it could be something special. šŸ„²

GunnerShy

Iā€™m worried about him but Iā€™m not sure how much of it we have to ignore as he is a baby in CB years. Would be interesting to know how many mistakes the top CBs were making in their early years.

Weā€™re going to have to be patient with him which is asking a lot of the fan base. The average age of our first choice back like is like 23? There are going to be tough times ahead but if they all develop together it could be something special. šŸ„²
Ā£50m should buy you an oven baked ready made CB.

Top Bottom