• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
@kofigunner (I think) raised a very good point in the match day thread.

A lot of worries but the biggest worry is how lacklustre and slow he was in his possession. The main reason we spent Ā£50m was to fix this issue so we can play out the back and transition up the pitch more smoothly and quickly, he was terribly slow in all of his decision making on the ball.

To be fair Burnley were really organised in their press, they cut off a lot of the passing lanes to the midfield. I think we saw last week some of his passing ability, I don't really have any concerns with him on that front. It's the 1v1 defending when teams go direct that is the concern.

sdotzdot

Established Member
To be fair Burnley were really organised in their press, they cut off a lot of the passing lanes to the midfield. I think we saw last week some of his passing ability, I don't really have any concerns with him on that front. It's the 1v1 defending when teams go direct that is the concern.
Thatā€™s a good point. His passing was great against Norwich and as a whole the team played quicker on that day, but to me he definitely had the biggest drop in his speed of passing and transitional play between today and Norwich.

As you said, we do have to take into account Burnley were really good in the sense that they man marked extremely well and were compact in the middle.

However, still felt he couldā€™ve played quicker. There were a few too many moments where he just pretty much paused in his spot and done nothing for 4-5 seconds.

Malky

Established Member
Shame some of you want him to fail, massive shame.

He was pretty crap today though :lol:
Was hardly great last week either, and had an absolute disaster class against Brentford. Can't wait to see how he handles Kane next :shivering:

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

Hate to agree with @Riou here but it's a very common trait amongst Arsenal fans especially, everyone wants him to fail.

I thought in the second half he was brilliant.

OnlyOne

ā€˜Donkeys donā€™t have a peak, they remain uselessā€™
Trusted ā­

It was the 2nd half when he nearly conceded a penalty and had 2 other giveaways right outside his own box. Your parents need to cut down on your screen time until you produce a series of negative drug tests.

Short passes were happening all over today, he's never made a pass that led to an opposition shot so don't worry about it Batman.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Like the thing with him is that sure, the brainfart didn't cost us today because Ramsdale but if that were Leno in goal or Ramsdale's not on it 100%, that's 2 points dropped

Top Bottom