• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

totally agreed bro.
Good stats and all but it's cherry picked.

The issue I have here is that White was clearly brought in as a ball playing CB to bring more confidence into midfield and help us in press resistance.

Yet he's felt shaky with the ball at his feet while his mates Duffy and Dunk looked like prime Thiago Silva.

Too slow on the ball and doesn't seem to carry it to open up space through the middle. Yet that's why we paid a premium fee.

Edit: good game defensively this time but I thought the narrative was that he'd help the team play "Artetaball' better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

The issue I have here is that White was clearly brought in as a ball playing CB to bring more confidence into midfield and help us in press resistance.

Yet he's felt shaky with the ball at his feet while his mates Duffy and Dunk looked like prime Thiago Silva.

Too slow on the ball and doesn't seem to carry it to open up space through the middle. Yet that's why we paid a premium fee.

Edit: good game defensively this time but I thought the narrative was that he'd help the team play "Artetaball' better.
I think that will only improve in time he need to be quick with his passing but until now he didn't make mistakes or was average in air i think he made good start here

berric

Established Member

Now that White performed well defensively, people are complaining that he should not do well defensively, eventhough he is a defender. 🤷‍♂️ :lol:

I'm not complaining. He did well defensively but when he was getting battered people told me that Arteta brought him to break the press from the back? If we had to pay 50 million quid for a guy who can head a ball vs Trossard, Lallana and Gross and neglect he was cack on the ball we could've just kept Sokratis.

berric

Established Member

I think that will only improve in time he need to be quick with his passing but until now he didn't make mistakes or was average in air i think he made good start here

Decent start yeah he's forming good partnership with Gabs and Rams. Yet to see a ball playing defender masterclass tho.

Gabriel so far better in every area plus more confident ball carier and passer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not complaining. He did well defensively but when he was getting battered people told me that Arteta brought him to break the press from the back? If we had to pay 50 million quid for a guy who can head a ball vs Trossard, Lallana and Gross and neglect he was cack on the ball we could've just kept Sokratis.
It's early days, he has the skills, don't worry.

And hahah, wtf is this. Brighton had 8 corners and 5 freekicks, and you try to claim he was against those players in headers.

For your information, Brighton had Dunk, Duffy and Burn as CB's, who are 192cm, 193 cm and 198 cm tall.

The Brighton fans were drooling how Burn etc. will dominate White in the air, and how they will score from corners or freekicks. They didn't.

berric

Established Member

And hahah, wtf is this. Brighton had 8 corners and 5 freekicks, and you try to claim he was against those players in headers.

For your information, Brighton had Dunk, Duffy and Burn as CB's, who are 192cm, 193 cm and 198 cm tall.

The Brighton fans were drooling how Burn etc. will dominate White in the air, and how they will score from corners or freekicks. They didn't.
Defending corners and dead balls is a team effort and our marking is mostly zonal. I've seen Ødegaard marking Dunk during one corner...

I was talkng about actual open play situations (where I didn't downplay his defensive effort but) I'm yet to see that on the ball ability that solves Arteta's puzzle.

Next time he gets bullied in air or a player sits him on his arse someoene will say he's here to help us play out of the back. Don't see it so far.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Had a good game, following on his good game against Sp**s...encouraging.

Remember everyone...if you are bashing White because he is not Saliba, then you are no better than that scumbag Arteta...as Ben wasn't the one who didn't play/loaned him.

Be fair.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I watched the second half with some family and couldn't quite believe how massive that Burn guy was. He was standing next to 6ft 2 Ramsdale and made him look like a child. It was like watching Wilt Chamberlain in Conan the Destroyer 🤣

drippin

I watched the second half with some family and couldn't quite believe how massive that Burn guy was. He was standing next to 6ft 2 Ramsdale and made him look like a child. It was like watching Wilt Chamberlain in Conan the Destroyer 🤣
It was even more amusing when Ødegaard tried to keep Burn away from Ramsdale in corners. :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It was even more amusing when Ødegaard tried to keep Burn away from Ramsdale in corners. :lol:
Potter was coming in for some stick on a Brighton forum that I was reading for fielding a 6ft 7 left back. I don't think Burn always helps much in open play, or is particularly popular with the fans, but seriously - that dude is massive!

drippin

Potter was coming in for some stick on a Brighton forum that I was reading for fielding a 6ft 7 left back. I don't think Burn always helps much in open play, or is particularly popular with the fans, but seriously - that dude is massive!
Yeah, well they seemed to like the idea to score a goal from corners, but that didn't happen.

They also feared that our fast attackers will run past their slow defenders easily, but that didn't happen much either unfortunately.

They lost their most technical CB, who was also their fastest CB in White. I think it was Duffy who was loaned to Scotland last season because White was there.

Now of course they're missing Webster for a while, who is pretty good. And that has also affected their defensive numbers.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Their defensive numbers are worse this year tbf.

They had a top three defence last year on underlying stats but this year they’ve been bottom half.
Somebody on here wrote in the match thread that only City have had fewer shots on their goal than Brighton.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲

Of course Duffy and Dunk looked like prime Thiago Silva when our players didn't even press them once ffs...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very hard to judge these new players 1) there's been too few games and 2) Arteta's making them look worse than they otherwise might be.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom