• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Overhyped. Mostly famous for a decent season in the Championship and being in the english squad because Trent Alexander-Arnold was injured.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
White really needs a solid run of performances, starting on Saturday.

The fanbase is already out for blood, for this tiny CB.

SevenOfClubs

White really needs a solid run of performances, starting on Saturday.

The fanbase is already out for blood, for this tiny CB.
It’s expected we paid 50 mill for him, if he didn’t realise people were going to get on his back he should’nt have agreed the deal.

Riou

People need to get a grip. Don't worry - I'll hand you the pitchfork myself if he's terrible after a season, but one game??? There's more Judge than Dredd in this thread.

Rob Schneider was in the 90s Dredd film, which should give some hope to Ben.

If a man the same height as him can make it as an actor, then he can definitely make it as a footballer.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Rob Schneider was in the 90s Dredd film, which should give some hope to Ben.

If a man the same height as him can make it as an actor, then he can definitely make it as a footballer.
That 1995 Sly Stallone movie was so bad though... hope that BW doesn't take his cue's from that one. The 2012 version with Cersei Lannister as the Drug Kingpin is an underrated classic imo. Quality sci fi action movie.

Riou

That 1995 Sly Stallone movie was so bad though... hope that BW doesn't take his cue's from that one. The 2012 version with Cersei Lannister as the Drug Kingpin is an underrated classic imo. Quality sci fi action movie.

Agreed, credit to Karl Urban for keeping the helmet on for the full film too, don't think Sly went longer than 5 minutes when he played Dredd :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Poor Ben looks and plays like a pitch invader whose mate Smiffy bet him a tenner he wouldn't run onto the pitch and who can't quite believe the stewards haven't removed him yet so runs about aimlessly giving it a go until someone realizes he shouldn't be there. That someone is me, sadly and not the manager. He's not going to be a good CB. Too small and doesn't have the strength or the leap of a Ramos or Silva to offset it and be comfortable in the air. Luiz was good in the air when he was young as well so the comparisons to him are really quite funny. The only real possibilities for White to come good are at RB or maybe as a DM but either way the fee is a tremendous waste of money for a player ill suited to play the role he was actually signed for. Whomever scouted him and came away with the idea that this was not only a PL level CB but one worth spending this sum on is a fool and needs to be sacked.
Bold claim, the type that makes or breaks an AM legacy. 😮

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People need to get a grip. Don't worry - I'll hand you the pitchfork myself if he's terrible after a season, but one game??? There's more Judge than Dredd in this thread.
It’s not exactly like the team is in the best of form either. I wouldn’t bother judging anyone until things/managers change.

tcahill

One game, where our entire team was ass and our manager has no idea how to set up a defence.

Let's just chill, give the poor guy some time.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Bold claim, the type that makes or breaks an AM legacy. 😮
Not really. Every big money signing post Wenger has been a disappointment to this point. In fact, of all of our big money signings in the past decade or so, the only one who performed consistently to the level we'd have hoped for was Alexis. Özil had definite highs but was ultimately disappointing. Xhaka and Mustafi have been calamities. Leno is underwhelming at best. Torreira has been a joke. Pepe is disappointing. Lacazette has been disappointing. Auba was great for the first couple of years but has been absolutely dreadful for a full calendar year now. The jury is still out on Partey because he was injured but he wasn't at his usual standard last year. Not a single one of these players but Sanchez has lived up to what you'd hope for out of a player that takes up the level of our budget that they did. Now factor in the price tag of Ben White, the fact that it's the Chuckle brothers who rate Xhaka and signed Mari and Cedric who have laid out 50m for him and I think my claim is far from bold. He's got failure written all over him and I'd be stunned if I'm wrong. In a year or so it will be just like Chambers with us turning down 20m or so from some newly promoted rival so he can regress and then be unmovable. I've seen this movie before, the tickets are just more expensive.

Raicore

Ben's budget should be spent on Bissouma, for me.
We had two towering CBs in Mavro and Saliba..no urgent need for Ben.
Wat was urgent was for Tets to rid our defence off Mari, Cedric, Kola, Chambers, Bellerin and Holding. What a mess.
But since Ben's already here..hoping him together with our other defence additions, Tavarez, Tomi and Rams will perform well for us this season and beyond.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Not really. Every big money signing post Wenger has been a disappointment to this point. In fact, of all of our big money signings in the past decade or so, the only one who performed consistently to the level we'd have hoped for was Alexis. Özil had definite highs but was ultimately disappointing. Xhaka and Mustafi have been calamities. Leno is underwhelming at best. Torreira has been a joke. Pepe is disappointing. Lacazette has been disappointing. Auba was great for the first couple of years but has been absolutely dreadful for a full calendar year now. The jury is still out on Partey because he was injured but he wasn't at his usual standard last year. Not a single one of these players but Sanchez has lived up to what you'd hope for out of a player that takes up the level of our budget that they did. Now factor in the price tag of Ben White, the fact that it's the Chuckle brothers who rate Xhaka and signed Mari and Cedric who have laid out 50m for him and I think my claim is far from bold. He's got failure written all over him and I'd be stunned if I'm wrong. In a year or so it will be just like Chambers with us turning down 20m or so from some newly promoted rival so he can regress and then be unmovable. I've seen this movie before, the tickets are just more expensive.
Fair enough, I sort of agree with the gist of this although it's a very harsh man that judges Auba or Özil a failure based on their numbers or performances. Right up there with some of the best in the league when they arrived. Both experienced declines after a big last contract - that should be the lesson for Arsenal if anything.

On Ben White - it all grinds you down, but the stock market saying is that past performances are not an indicator of future results. Just got to hope at some point the club turns a corner and starts finding the right players again. Very sceptical about White as well, but their are promising signs with him as well as the "terrible in the air" narrative.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I've been saying this for years and you're right, it's why I didn't mind sacking all the scouts, But at the same time every big club spends money on players who aren't worth the price tags simply because players cost too much these days. Unfortunately teams like Chelsea and City can spend 100s of millions on players without issue and have 60+m bench players so one expensive flop doesn't matter.

Top Bottom