• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Player:Gabriel
Played really well. Defended brilliantly as well when we went down to 10.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Improved us so much, very unlucky today.

Just cause he doesn't like football, doesn't mean he can't still be good at it!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted šŸ”»
Slipped and was bailed out but then settled into the game nicely. I'm not sure if he could have got a stronger foot on the ball before Rodri hit it but I wish he'd been the one clearing the header.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think people are starting to get carried away with the referee performance now. If you are honest:

- Citys was a penalty
- Gabriel deserved the red and needs to learn to keep his head
- Rodri on Martinelli was a strong challenge, but he did get the ball and slip, i'd still say its a foul but you can see why it wasn't given
- Arsenal players got booked in the second half because they lost their heads, City are clever with their tactical fouls, they are on the cusp of being a yellow but not quite, we made it obvious for the refs.

The only big error, albeit a big one, was the Ƙdegaard penalty. He should have been sent to the screen. Having said that, i thought penalty at first, then on the replay, thought Ederson got the ball, then at half time, with more replays, thought he took Odegaards foot first.

Having said all this, i loved the togetherness of the team, they were fighting for eachother and the club. I also loved the scenes at the end of the game, the fans stayed, the players applauded. In his first press conference, Arteta said their needs to be a connection between the players and the fans, they need to unite, well he's done it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think people are starting to get carried away with the referee performance now. If you are honest:

- Citys was a penalty
- Gabriel deserved the red and needs to learn to keep his head
- Rodri on Martinelli was a strong challenge, but he did get the ball and slip, i'd still say its a foul but you can see why it wasn't given
- Arsenal players got booked in the second half because they lost their heads, City are clever with their tactical fouls, they are on the cusp of being a yellow but not quite, we made it obvious for the refs.

The only big error, albeit a big one, was the Ƙdegaard penalty. He should have been sent to the screen. Having said that, i thought penalty at first, then on the replay, thought Ederson got the ball, then at half time, with more replays, thought he took Odegaards foot first.
If Saka does similar emphasis on a foul in the box like Silva did, it's never a penalty, because he "emphasizes the foul too much". I have seen this happen like 3 times in the past year.

If Xhaka does what Rodri did, it's a foul and a yellow. I have seen him do it once, just putting his feet to the ground in front of the other's leg, and the other guy hit the leg.

We don't know what Gabriel said, so can't know if the first yellow was deserved.

Ƙdegaard situation is seen that Ederson tackles with his spikes first and doesn't hit the ball.

Not sure why you commented this on the White thread.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
If Saka does similar emphasis on a foul in the box like Silva did, it's never a penalty, because he "emphasizes the foul too much". I have seen this happen like 3 times in the past year.

If Xhaka does what Rodri did, it's a foul and a yellow. I have seen him do it once, just putting his feet to the ground in front of the other's leg, and the other guy hit the leg.

We don't know what Gabriel said, so can't know if the first yellow was deserved.

Ƙdegaard situation is seen that Ederson tackles with his spikes first and doesn't hit the ball.

Not sure why you commented this on the White thread.

- Lacazette draws fouls and has won penalties by emphasising fouls, he does it all the time.

- The Xhaka point, i don't disagree. Although he did get away with one at Norwich.

drippin

Wow, that's the only one, all the other ones have been ruled out because there has been a hit, but the referee thinks he emphasizes it.

Also that match is Europa League, so not English refs I assume.

drippin

- Lacazette draws fouls and has won penalties by emphasising fouls, he does it all the time.

- The Xhaka point, i don't disagree. Although he did get away with one at Norwich.
Was I talking about Laca? Besides you should give me an example where the hit hasn't been big enough for penalty.

drippin

Attwell saw it was a film, so why did he overrule it? It was clearly a film, so even with the minor fouls, it should not become a penalty, because the player tries to emphasize it too much. Silva's legs stopped working, and his behaviour got rewarded. EPL is becoming a film festival.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Attwell saw it was a film, so why did he overrule it? It was clearly a film, so even with the minor fouls, it should not become a penalty, because the player tries to emphasize it too much. Silva's legs stopped working, and his behaviour got rewarded. EPL is becoming a film festival.

Stop. It was a penalty.

And if you want to talk about emphasising, look at Lacazette vs West Ham.

drippin

Stop. It was a penalty.

And if you want to talk about emphasising, look at Lacazette vs West Ham.
You can also stop, it should not have been a penalty, when the ref saw before VAR that he filmed, and in the slow motion you can also see that his legs go limp.

Also emphasizing is different than filming, that's another point.

But even when Saka has been fouled many times, and he has emphasized it (not filmed like Silva here), they won't give it to him. Different standards for different players and teams.

drippin

It's funny how if we lose because bad refereeing, and don't have a good performance, we should not complain according to certain people.

And if we lose because of bad refereeing, and have a great performance, we should also not complain according to certain people. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom