• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ā­

Good game can't complain. Probably 2nd best out of the back line on the night? You could debate Zinchenko being 2nd but to me Zinny got dangled by Ayew, White kept it respectable against Zaha.

White and Tomi both very much look like CB's playing at RB though and that will need to be addressed in the market at some point, it's a baby elephant in the room for now.
I'd go with this. Gabriel was good as well but had a few moments that were nervy. Ben got done a few times by Zaha but so does everyone. 2nd best on the night.

Camus

Trusted ā­
Some bizarre takes Iā€™m seeing about White.

Liverpool rotate Konate/Matip/Gomez next to VVD. Gomez fills in at RB as well.

City rotate Stones/Dias/Laporte and Ake who also fills in at LB.

White/Saliba/Gabriel is the type of quality you need these days - weā€™re still arguably a CB short considering Holding isnā€™t at the required level.
City and Liverpool actually don't rotate CB's all that much in the PL.

At Liverpool (where we've already established VvD is a mainstay) Matip actually 31 PL games. And of the 7 he missed 3 were due to injury and not rotation. So that was pretty much the established PL pairing for Liverpool last season.

At City Dias is their mainstay CB when fit. He played 29 PL games last season but of the 9 he missed 7 were due to injury, not because Pep was rotating him out etc.. And then his partner is pretty much always Laporte who played 33 PL games last season who again of the 5 he missed 3 were due to injuries/knocks not rotation.

So injuries not withstanding these two teams did have an established CB pairing for the PL that played together more or less week in week out (again injuries not withstanding) and that weren't rotated for rotations sake. Which actually does make sense is the CB partnership is a thing, a pretty established thing, and you don't just want to break that up every other week for rotations sake etc.. So if we were to follow that trend then one of Saliba or White would be riding the bench for the vast majority of the PL campaign (again, injuries not withstanding)

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ā­
With Saliba having experience on both sides, I donā€™t think itā€™s written in stone that itā€™ll be White that drops to the bench.

Given our lack our options that cover Partey and how deep he was playing I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see White being fielded there. Arteta suggested it was an option last season, but we didnā€™t have the CB cover.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

@Makingtrax Admit it, youā€™d made your mind up as soon as you saw the two misplaced passes:lol:. You were probably screaming at your tv to cancel his contract and have Arteta sacked!

There was a guy in the pub next to me who sighed every time Ramsdale made a touch :lol: Even his girlfriend was telling him to shut up about it :lol:

Some people just hate certain players for any reason or no reason.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

With Saliba having experience on both sides, I donā€™t think itā€™s written in stone that itā€™ll be White that drops to the bench.

Given our lack our options that cover Partey and how deep he was playing I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see White being fielded there. Arteta suggested it was an option last season, but we didnā€™t have the CB cover.

I think that's a fair take. If I'm honest I do like the breadth of options we have in defense now, and it looks like a potential area of considerable strength when not too long ago we had a plethora of clowns there (yes Luiz included, sorry šŸ¤”šŸ¤”).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Some people just hate certain players

Yup...like Truthhurts with Holding, BigPoppaPump with Kos and Laca...

Or anyone who has ever seen Shkodran Mustafi try and play football!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ā­
Yup...like Truthhurts with Holding, BigPoppaPump with Kos and Laca...

Or anyone who has ever seen Shkodran Mustafi try and play football!
Don't forget the big dog of them all, Sir Mitch.

I have spent sleepness nights trying to crack this guy's code for years.

To this day, I dont understand what algorithm he is using to judge whether he loves or hates a player.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ā­

To this day, I dont understand what algorithm he is using to judge whether he loves or hates a player.
He gave away one of his filters mate. Hint: it's the hair color associated with dumb.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Not hard.

A defender that's good defensively and who has good positional awareness.

A CM with good positional awareness and doesn't give ball away often in a very sloppy manor.

bergholt

Fair point, that would explain why we don't seem to be signing another 6 even though we seem to have minimal cover there

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Holy **** I just realised Mustafi got Levante relegated, what a baller

Back to back relegations for our former heart of defense.

a1a788fbeff5aac9176da81773f78b7a.jpg

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ā­

@Makingtrax Admit it, youā€™d made your mind up as soon as you saw the two misplaced passes:lol:. You were probably screaming at your tv to cancel his contract and have Arteta sacked!

Excellent display against an opponent that would give elite RB's trouble. I wanted us to sign a RB, but if the plan is to rate him between RB and CB then I have no qualms at all.

He's very comfortable in possession which helps our game. My old issue is he can occasionally overrun the ball, if he can release it a little quicker then we have some player on our hands and Tomi will have his work cut out getting back in the team.

BIoodBrother

I thought he was excellent defensively against one of the trickiest wingers in the league. If he performs like this against Zaha then he's easily good enough to start as your primary RB if needed, although I think your overall play would benefit from pairing him with Saliba and playing Tomiyasu at RB, at least against inferior opposition.
Why is the most sensible poster on here a šŸ”Ø?
Why do you prefer the community here or are you on every other clubs forum?

Top Bottom