• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White 📝

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Much better today. Started with a great tackle to win the ball and remained solid. I still think he's a bit slow playing out from the back but quicker than last week. His heading has improved 100 percent from his first game too. Kane should have had a penalty because of him but I sort of trust him to learn from that. Much better abd may that continue.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Almost gave them a penalty. Still not convinced but this was his best performance so far i think.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Good game. Still a level below Gabriel imo.

I think this is fair and basically how I see it. Needs to be given a season to find his feet and adjust to the team (not one game or whatever). Did some very good stuff in the first half - some of his passing was really sharp and he was defensively solid as well. Felt his level was below Gabriel's though - he doesn't always impose himself as much and although he's improved defensively there has been an error in every match so far.

I have a feeling he will come good with time but we're gonna need patience with this one.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I think this is fair and basically how I see it. Needs to be given a season to find his feet and adjust to the team (not one game or whatever). Did some very good stuff in the first half - some of his passing was really sharp and he was defensively solid as well. Felt his level was below Gabriel's though - he doesn't always impose himself as much and although he's improved defensively there has been an error in every match so far.

I have a feeling he will come good with time but we're gonna need patience with this one.
Yeah I have patience with White as I liked him from his Leeds/Brighton day. But he comes with a millstone of price tag + Saliba situation so think he'll have less time to settle.

I liked the way he dominated Kane for the first goal. More of that, please.

Barry

Saliba is a real risk to White if he comes back into the team - who knows whether that's likely or not, but you'd think it would be White & Saliba competing for a spot next to Gabriel

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'll call anyone out when they go weirdly over the top.

Who you think you are:

western clint eastwood GIF

Who you actually are(same height as well):

Star Lol GIF by Disney Pixar

bastun

Player:Saka
He was bad his first game , but don't forget he was having Mari and Chambers alongside him. You cannot do much yourself with League 2 defenders around you.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I still think he's a bit slow playing out from the back
A lot of this is by design. It's important that calm he brings to us to keep possession and slow down the match to keep control of games. I know control is not something that typically interests the English fan too much and this is probably part of the reason White is a bit underrated or under-appreciated around here but it's a very important quality and a massive add to our team if we want to make a step up and be a team consistently dictating and controlling games tactically, something that is basically necessary if we want to compete for 4th.

They are very different defenders, tbh. I am liking Gabriel's level and although he is actually a pretty good passer he doesn't have the same kind of calm as White does to keep control of the match / resist a bit of pressure and make a good decision with the ball. They are both clearly a level above the rest of our defenders but if you pushed me who I think we would suffer more without I think it's White, his qualities for our overall play are just a bit harder to come by. Holding can do more or less the same job as Gabriel just to a lower standard. We don't have anyone else who can bring what White can, honestly.

Barry

A lot of this is by design. It's important that calm he brings to us to keep possession and slow down the match to keep control of games. I know control is not something that typically interests the English fan too much and this is probably part of the reason White is a bit underrated or under-appreciated around here but it's a very important quality and a massive add to our team if we want to make a step up and be a team consistently dictating and controlling games tactically, something that is basically necessary if we want to compete for 4th.

They are very different defenders, tbh. I am liking Gabriel's level and although he is actually a pretty good passer he doesn't have the same kind of calm as White does to keep control of the match / resist a bit of pressure and make a good decision with the ball. They are both clearly a level above the rest of our defenders but if you pushed me who I think we would suffer more without I think it's White, his qualities for our overall play are just a bit harder to come by. Holding can do more or less the same job as Gabriel just to a lower standard. We don't have anyone else who can bring what White can, honestly.

I don't agree with you on this one but that's fair enough and it's good to have a positive advocate for White on here with all the negativity. I think he's a little fortunate to be in over Holding on current form, Holding's passing is underrated which is backed up by his numbers as well. If White can cut out the errors then the positive aspects of his game will get more credit I think. Agree that him and Gabriel are stylistically different, but Gabriel's just been more effective and influential in the games so far (imo). They need time to gel as a partnership though. Conceding 1 goal in the last three matches with a completely new defence is pretty awesome really.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I don't agree with you on this one but that's fair enough and it's good to have a positive advocate for White on here with all the negativity. I think he's a little fortunate to be in over Holding on current form, Holding's passing is underrated which is backed up by his numbers as well. If White can cut out the errors then the positive aspects of his game will get more credit I think. Agree that him and Gabriel are stylistically different, but Gabriel's just been more effective and influential in the games so far (imo). They need time to gel as a partnership though. Conceding 1 goal in the last three matches with a completely new defence is pretty awesome really.
Holding's passing is decent when he has time on the ball, but he really struggles when pressured / when the game speeds up.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mrs Bergkamp said:
I still think he's a bit slow playing out from the back

I definitely want us to control the midfield and the game but I noticed vs Burnley that he was targeted and pressed in to errors a couple of times. We were lucky Sp**s were so inept tbh. He just has to be smart with the slow play and not just do it for the sake of it.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He was bad his first game , but don't forget he was having Mari and Chambers alongside him. You cannot do much yourself with League 2 defenders around you.
I do not agree with this thinking. Great defenders can organize backline and make them better.

It that Özil excuze why he was so inconsistent. Anyways, backline line was. very good yesterday and White sid not have any mistakes.

Eventually, Chambers, Holding, and Mari will step in when injuries naturally occur. This is when we will find out.

Top Bottom