• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin The White šŸ“

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I am not convinced White has a long term future at RB, too limited for the role. Then again I don't think Tomiyasu has many more tools but is a lot more comfortable. At times White look a bit lost there in terms of when he had possession. Which is fair enough, RB and RCB require different things and it's rare he's played there for us.

I don't think he has a future at RCB either with Saliba now here, best bet is Arteta decides having a left footed CB isn't essentially anymore but I think Gabriel and Saliba will form a pretty formidable partnership over time. It's the first time in a while you see two CB's at Arsenal that almost tick all the boxes you'd want from a CB partnership aside from experience which is the only area they're really lacking in.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I am not convinced White has a long term future at RB, too limited for the role. Then again I don't think Tomiyasu has many more tools but is a lot more comfortable. At times White look a bit lost there in terms of when he had possession. Which is fair enough, RB and RCB require different things and it's rare he's played there for us.

I don't think he has a future at RCB either with Saliba now here, best bet is Arteta decides having a left footed CB isn't essentially anymore but I think Gabriel and Saliba will form a pretty formidable partnership over time. It's the first time in a while you see two CB's at Arsenal that almost tick all the boxes you'd want from a CB partnership aside from experience which is the only area they're really lacking in.
Just like you say, he has not played there much, so not sure how can you draw conclusions yet over long-term if he looked a bit lost?

And are you talking about inverted RB role, or thinking about normal RB role?

What is for sure, is that Arteta bought White for big money because he sees him having the tools to play here long-term.

The good thing about this purchase always was that he can play CB or inverted RB, so now we have two similar versatile players in him and Tomiyasu who all deserve some game-time, and finally we have very good depth for CB roles.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Hmm you think so? I'd agree that if Saliba continues to maintain his level and if Arteta won't play Ben and Saliba in the middle (two r footers) then there might be a conundrum. But tbh we'll have to wait and see, especially to see how Saliba performs over an extended period.

That said I'm hoping there's enough games that both can play a good amount and perhaps we can go to three at the back on occasion.

I also certainly think White and Saliba may be our best defenders (though some will debate that, fairly perhaps, and perhaps yourself?) but tbh Gabi is really good as well, just lacks a tiny bit of the same calmness and ball playing skills as the other two.

What I like about Gabi and William is their physicality though.

We've got proper options at the back now is really what I get from this and it's impressive.

grange

Losing my brain cells šŸ„ø

Player:Havertz
sure he was subbed off injured?

I think it's just what we can do with Tomi on the bench and 5 subs now.
He was wearing a knee brace during training leading up to yesterday's game. I don't believe he went off due to injury so I thought he was mostly good to go.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
sure he was subbed off injured?

I think it's just what we can do with Tomi on the bench and 5 subs now.
Commentator in my stream said white is struggling just before his sub while the ball was in play. And then said the same while he was subbed out as well.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Well let's hope Tomi starts next game, no point risking White and Tomi is plenty capable and needs minutes.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ā­

Great game, solid player and we've got a good and solid backline now which I'm happy about.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
I prefer him as CB again not RB but seeing both Saliba and Gabriel comfertable he'll need to rotate with Tomi for now.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
I Love U Ily GIF by i-love-you

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think he might be a little bit better than Tomi, tbh.

At the very least, he is a bit of a **** on the pitch...we can't really afford to not have him playing, he's a character every team needs.

Top Bottom