• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bentley interview

Senght

He wont make it here I suppose. Just look at his attitude, AW surely wont like him. Judging from our current squad, we don't have much problems outside the club, he surely wouldn't suit us here.

As supposed to his footballing ability, I haven't seen him play, but seeing the majority of the comments here, you can judge for yourself.

juz7_pi12es

he's not arrogant i hope,
he's confident i think

he's good & developing
& he'll make it at arsenal

i best believe so,
you best believe so!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Adam said:
Femaiden said:
Like Adam says, he can really only play at his best centrally, and unfortunately that makes him a bit of a luxury player. I'm not sure if he contributes enough to the team overall to warrant a midfield spot, so that really only leaves the second striker position for him. There will be immense competition for that place next season, and I can see the confident Bentley becoming increasingly frustrated.

Although Wenger rates him highly, I have an uncomfortable feeling that he will not stay with us, and could become one of the few good ones to get away. It's way to early to make that a confident prediction and he may indeed set Carrow Road alight with his displays. His near miss today show that he has a precocious talent, but whether he has the character and personality to become an Arsenal legend is still a riddle no nearer being solved.

Good to see you here Femaiden.... and i agree with your points.

It is a big, big toss up between him and Van Persie - and RVP, for me, has the edge because of his physical stature - whilst the technique comparison could be debated all day.

I also feel Bentley lacks the speed that RVP and Bergkamp have aswell. Dennis has great physique, AND speed. Bentley is lacking slightly in both in a cold comparison.

And we also forget that Dennis is the player he is now from experience too. Years and years. The youngsters that make it at Arsenal burst onto the scene, and i feel by Arsène sending him on loan (at 19) his flame is fading. Cole burst onto the scene after a loan - but was not 'found' or had 'arrived' before he went on loan.

It's tough. My tip is that he isn't good enough - which is a fate Bentley expressed his knowledge about in relation to Arsenal youth's the other day.
That's what I'm starting to feel. Bently may not make it here at Arsenal I fear, and as you said his future is looking bleak. Let's hope he sort's out his attitude, and works on bulking up. After which he can start improving his play in terms of vision, and when to utilise his flair, and when to keep it simple.

patrick42uk

Established Member
norwich are on t.v. again on wednesday. another top opposition, newcastle. should give us the opportunity to see him again. i just hope he gets the ball a lot more. he needs to be the star man in that norwich team justify a place in our squad, let alone the starting 11.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Senght said:
He wont make it here I suppose. Just look at his attitude, AW surely wont like him. Judging from our current squad, we don't have much problems outside the club, he surely wouldn't suit us here
He's self confident bordering on arrogant, like a number of other key Arsenal players.

His attitude isn't a problem in the slightest.

juz7_pi12es

Isragooner said:
And another thing,he's crap in cm4! :wink:
haha
unlucky you mate
mine, he already in england squad (because i am the england manager :p )
he's good, just keep playing him
he's already worth 17m-20m (2006) here
:)

kutz

Kwame said:
I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but I'm not overly impressed with Bentley. His lack of a physical presence or strength is not exactly conducive to playing in the middle. His passing is not great, his vision is not great, and in fact lack behind Cesc's, and he far too often goes for the flashy when the simple would be best. He cannot tackle, lacks pace. So what exactly outside flashes of brilliance makes this bentley player so good in people's minds?

From what I see of the two, I'd rather have Van Persie in the Bergkamp role. Hell, I'd want us to completely change our style of play, because really, no kid playing for us shows the vision or technical skill BergKamp did at age 20. For Bentley to be an Arsenal player, he must bulk up. For Bentley to be an Arsenal player he must check his flash--not eliminate it, but check it. He must check his arrogance. And he must better his pass. Even that said I'm unsure as how Wenger would utilize him. Thus far, he does not seem good enough nor does he possess the potential for Wenger to simply chance his preferred style of play to suit this player.

Either way, let's hope he develops exponentially and bulks the f**k up.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about your evaluation. I agree, you don't change your style of play around a 19yo when you're in Arsenal's position, but who suggested they need to in order to accomodate Bentley?

And truly it will take a season for him to develop physically into the player he'll need to be. Also, to be humbled a bit and learn to play the simple ball.

The big question is when is he going to make the decision. Will he check his pride and understand the beauty and value of the early simple ball, or will he never be humbled. That's the question.

We just don't know yet.

Essentially, if he's an intelligent guy, then he will. If not, who knows?

Latest posts

Top Bottom