• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's a trophy the big clubs have wanted to win?

Of course it is worth winning but only as an added extra to something more valuable.

No manager or team is considered hugely successful just cause they won an FA cup. You know this but your arguing for argument sake.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...imagine not loving days like this, could never be me!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can someone tell me why Xhaka decided to pass it back to his goalkeeper's weaker foot when he was being pressed?

The fact that he's not the first line of attack or last line of defence means he rarely bears the consequence of his poor choices, but a delayed pass forward that kills an attacking opportunity or an awkward pass backwards that puts his team mates in danger happens every. single. game.

Leno was still culpable but he should never have been put in that position with a minute to go.

Quite a few people didn't agree with me when I said Fernandes will transform United's midfield but having a player with courage who plays with both a sense of urgency and takes responsibility will do exactly that.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Leno should have just hoofed the ball. Considering it was the last minute there was no need to try and look for options to pass like he was trying to do. Bad misjudgment.

Having said that let's not try to make Leno made more than a minor misjudgment. How many times a game does a GK kick the ball out for a throw in or corner? Multiple times a game. The fact that currently giving away a corner is like giving away a penalty shouldn't increase Leno's share of the blame for that goal.

In simple terms if we want to apportion blame than Leno should take 2 or 3% of the blame for that goal. That is the chance you have to score from a corner. We can say if he just hoofed they wouldn't have scored, that would be correct but then how far back do we go back? What about Xhaka? If he didn't play that back pass we wouldn't have conceded too. What about the player before Xhaka? What about 40 second before that? Why leave it just at the last goal? What about their first? Bellerin failed to intercept a simple ball, we concede a corner and fail to mark again. So why does Leno get more of the blame for this loss than Bellerin, Xhaka, any of our CB's, Özil, defending at corners etc.? Is it all down to the time? Because he made his misjudgment in the last minute?

Virtually all our team either made mistakes that contributed to conceding those goals or they weren't doing their job (our attackers).

You can even make a case of Auba costing us the game with a glaring last kick of the game miss. It would be ridiculous to blame Auba for this loss.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

One day like that isnt worth the next years of terrible performances and disappointments.

If it was a league win I could handle it or a champions league. But sorry an FA cup isnt enough when sitting almost 20 years without a league title.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

As with 14 and 15 wins, what a great day out that was

Chelsea fans desperate to do the double, and we stuck it to them

So few clubs have success. Sp**s would be desperate for just one of those wins. As frustrating as it is not winning the league, we should never turn our noses up at other trophies. Maybe moaning about a one off win, but 3 in a short space of time? Not for me, Clive.

Pepes blue pill

I didn't make it clear in that post but I was talking mainly about fans from clubs having the possibility to get top 4 or the equivalent CL entering position in their league. You only have to ask a supporter of a club in or around top 4 which is also in a cup competition, almost all would suggest their club priorities top 4 and rest some players in the cup games.

With the EL as I have mentioned before it carries more importance only because of the CL qualification. If the FA Cup came with a CL qualification I can guarantee you suddenly fans would love to win it again.

No arguments with that

Riou

As with 14 and 15 wins, what a great day out that was

Chelsea fans desperate to do the double, and we stuck it to them

So few clubs have success. Sp**s would be desperate for just one of those wins. As frustrating as it is not winning the league, we should never turn our noses up at other trophies. Maybe moaning about a one off win, but 3 in a short space of time? Not for me, Clive.

Sp**s would be desperate for one of our Community Shield wins in the 2010s, never mind our FA Cup wins, just to taste silverware...joke club that they are :lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Fabianski is miles better than Leno.

It’s funny you guys keep telling me about these great players we have yet we’re 10th in the table, concede goals and barely win games.

Luiz was Tony Adams on here last week.
I assume it's a trolling remark.

Those of us who watch every Arsenal game knew him as Flapianski. There's a reason for that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.squawka.com/en/best-premier-league-goalkeepers/?amp

Leno nowhere to be seen. Fabianski for a few years has been regarded as one of the best in England.

You seem to have your head stuck in the sand to this though.
Just watch the Liverpool game.

Fabianski was unable to displace Almunia as Arsenal no. 1. There's a reason for that too.

My head is firmly in place which is why I don't feel the need to make attention-grabbing fey remarks.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Allison is easily nr one in the league, but after him it gets a bit complicated. Henderson looks the real deal. Ederson is brilliant on his day. Leno severely underrated. Guaita have surprised me, looks solid.

Riou

Fabianski...apparently one of the best keepers in the league, yet only played for Swansea and West Ham since leaving us, plus heading for a possible second relegation in a few years.

Lukas doesn't have the mental attributes to play for a top team, great shot stopper though, but not a great goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Fabianski one of the best keepers, yet only played for Swansea and West Ham since leaving us, plus heading for a possible second relegation in a few years.

Lukas doesn't have the mental attributes to play for a top team, great shot stopper though, but not a great goalkeeper.

Yep, carved out a decent career for himself but never had the minerals to be anything more than backup here

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Alisson isn't tested as often as Leno every game, because he has a much better defense in front of him.

Of course Alisson is the better ball on his feet, but this shouldn't be the priority for a keeper. Saving shots is still the most important thing for a goalie and keepers like Oblak and Courtouis are on the world class level for years and this because they are excellent shot stoppers.

We should be really happy to have Leno. In our position we aren't getting a world class keeper like Neuer, Ter Stegen, Alisson, Oblak or Courtouis and we have other positions we need to invest.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yep, carved out a decent career for himself but never had the minerals to be anything more than backup here
We won the FA Cup because of him. Ultimately Wenger had faith in Almunia.

Leno isn’t bad, but he’s kinda a kick in the teeth when you consider we could have had far superior players like Fabianski and Chesney in goal here.

He is a decent shoot stopper, that is all. My main problem with him though is that you can smell he is nervous all the time like ammonia leak in freezer house. It stinks. Its like a bright star in the sky. Its so obvious, almost every action its like he is going to cry or have a meltdown. Terrible distribution as well. Barely an upgrade on Cech.

If you look past that he cost us better chance of getting into CL he is not our biggest problem but after we manage to sign new center backs, replace Xhaka and Lacazette, Leno should be binned and hopefully we can find a solid keeper!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom