• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We wont go into next season with Martinez as a starter, if Leno is out. Depending on the severity of the injury, we will sign a new keeper and sell Emi. Dont think anyone at the club rates him
If you say so. I think I’m on the button though, as usual.

We’re absolutely ****ed. Massive massive decline ahead of us.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If you say so. I think I’m on the button though, as usual.

We’re absolutely ****ed. Massive massive decline ahead of us.

Good thing we have one foot out the door anyways. Might look into getting involved in Swedish football more

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy saved us so many times this season, don't think Emi has it in his locker to replicate him. It's gonna get ugly. I'm gotta buy plenty of popcorn.

Reactions: A_G

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Any update on Lenos injury? That is our one of our top players gone for the rest of the year now, not a good sign with still Liverpool & Tottenham to play.

Giroud12

Our luck is simply incredible. Imagine luiz doing what maupay did, it would have been a straight red. That nr 8 should have red cards on the elbow and the challenge on laca as well BTW.

we finally have a world class keeper after a decade or more of mediocre goalies, and now he’s out for a while. Seriously conserned for next season, who knows if the Kroenkes decide Martinez is good enough? And what goalie will join us knowing he’s second choice as soon Leno is back?

I pray he won’t need surgery. Still can’t believe how Maupay gets away with that one and our luck. For the first time in years I’m gonna sit out the rest of the season. Not worth getting frustrated over, really.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If he needs surgery like Zlatan did, that’s 6 months out I think.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have to say, it was refreshing to see Bernd tell Maupay he was coming for him next time, didn't think he had it in him.

Always seemed a bit of a bland character up to that point, who plays well in nets for us...got flashbacks of Jens for a bit!

Of course our only player with a senior international cap that I would want to keep gets a long term injury, this club...get well soon Leno.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ridiculous the journalists still defending mupay imagine if it happened to future gk English like Henderson.

Tbf some journalists are reasonable. I think the Mirror gave a fair account of the game, criticising Arsenal for not being good enough but also clearly highlighting Maupay's guilt.

Unfortunately a lot of the commentariat are children incapable of nuance or reasoned analysis.

There also does seem to be some sort of bias against Arsenal among pundits and the media. It's like there's a glee when we suffer misfortune, a lot of them seem to enjoy twisting the knife. When I was younger I thought we were every neutral's favourite team, we played good football. You'd think people would criticise us but want us to be good again, but they sort of rejoice in our decline. It's weird.

Malky

Established Member
Ridiculous the journalists still defending mupay imagine if it happened to future gk English like Henderson.
Exactly, there wouldn't be so much sympathy if Maupay did that to Englands number one, especially if the Euros were going ahead this summer.
Next time Leno comes up against Maupay I hope he goes full Schumacher against Battiston.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Joe Hart is free and you have Fraser Forster looking for a club. Could be cheap options to go with Martinez next summer.

Leno is done for 6-9 months. That’s most of next season. Massive blow and I’m pretty confident we’ll do well to finish top 8 next season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd go with Forster for sure. Joe Hart is almost at comical levels these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom