• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The rigid plan of playing it out from the back is a problem. However crap passes and stupid decisions made by players once they're in possession of the ball is 100% down to, and on, the player.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The rigid plan of playing it out from the back is a problem. However crap passes and stupid decisions made by players once they're in possession of the ball is 100% down to, and on, the player.
And we don’t always play it out from the back every time either, sometimes we go long. At least yesterday we did.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And we don’t always play it out from the back every time either, sometimes we go long. At least yesterday we did.
Aha... I only saw 60 minutes of the game, so if that's the case... Lee Dixon was banging on about it as if we'd been doing it all game. I rage quit when we conceded that stupid goal.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Leno needs to tell his manager to **** off with his instructions. He has a brain himself. Even Cech used to go long to Kolasinac when they were stuck under pressure.

The pass to Sokratis was fine, Sokratis wasn't exactly pressured, he tried to thread the eye of the needle and got it wrong.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The pass to Sokratis was fine, Sokratis wasn't exactly pressured, he tried to thread the eye of the needle and got it wrong.
Goalkeeper is the one that can go “**** off, we’re going long.”

But can’t hold that against Leno. Just need players to think for themselves for once instead of blindly following the manager’s instructions.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So you think Emery told Sokratis that even if there's a 50/50 chance of threading it through to a player from your 6 yard line, go for it? This makes zero sense. Of course he didn't tell him to attempt a risky pass, or even to make a **** pass when the pass was on. You think he'd have been asked to defend his actions had he hoofed that ball forward with no clear option on? Come on.

This is what the opponent is saying. I mean if you look at some of the clips and then you factor in the technical level of players like Sokratis, Xhaka, AMN, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, etc. every pass you play in and around your box is a risky one. Guendouzi got caught out twice playing out from the back. So even if I take into consideration that the players are dumb and lack game management, why didn't the coaching staff get the message out to stop taking risks because it's not working on the day? He had 53 minutes of reference to gauge the danger. And I don't think we hoofed it long even once before Watford's goal. The hoofing came as a reactionary measure after the goal.

Balboa

He's been told to pass to either CB by the looks of things, his options are pretty limited. Sokratis didnt 'need' to hoof it he just cant pass that well, he could have went to Xhaka, he just isnt comfortable with the ball at his feet, I wouldnt even say he was under that much pressure.

Well if Sokratis isn't good on the ball, then how could he have "went to Xhaka" when under pressure in the box? What's the point of anyone (Emery or Leno, of asking Sokratis to do something he can't do?). All of the short options available to him had too much risk at that time.

Is Leno unable to make his own decisions about risk just because he's been asked to pass out?

Leno should not have put Sokratis in that situation. Luiz or the long ball would've been a better shout.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Of course I'm not saying that the coach will send a player to the Gulag for hoofing it. What I'm saying is clearly there's a culture that has been developed that playing out from the back is the right way to do it and that being agricultural is a fall back in emergency situations, when it should never be that simple. These defenders, goalkeepers and midfielders are being led blindfolded into a slaughter by coaches who are either way in over their head, or think they are better than they really are, or both.
I mean this clip is just damning. How can a coach think that this level of tactics is good enough in the premier league?

Pepes blue pill

Good game tonight, did well not to take a step the wrong way for the free kick at the end, too many keepers do that now even tho thats the walls side

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I think the Performances of Martinez will see Leno pushed to an even better Level this season. He didn't put a foot wrong yesterday in very tough conditions for keepers

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Had a few amazing reflexes yesterday to keep us in the game. One of the few top performers yesterday.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Anyone else think he`s been pretty good this season? Not the easiest job to be a GK in this team. Struggled on crosses last season but has looked more assured on that front this season. I might be forgetting something but can`t remember any big mistakes apart from that rebound aginst Sp**s before Eriksen scored.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Anyone else think he`s been pretty good this season? Not the easiest job to be a GK in this team. Struggled on crosses last season but has looked more assured on that front this season. I might be forgetting something but can`t remember any big mistakes apart from that rebound aginst Sp**s before Eriksen scored.

Was our best player last season for me, had his shaky moments but was the most consistent imo...one of the few players to actually be good this season too.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The only player in our team playing to his capabilities. It is no coincidence as the goalkeeper is the position least likely to be hamstrung by our woeful tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom