<

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

I definitely don't wish Leno to make mistakes and I do order Emi. Sadly, Leno keeps giving me something to whinge about.

Makingtrax likes this.
  2. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

Nope, it was a shocking decision end of.

You simply don't change a winning side. I want Leno to succeed but he hasn't been as good as Emi, it's as simple as that.

3. Malky

Malky Established Member

Does Martinez never make mistakes?
    Why was it a stupid decision to drop him? It was the decision of the manager and coaching staff that watch him every day - obviously favoured Leno, get over it!

4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Do these guys ever watch Ederson and how many mistakes he makes every game?

blaze_of_glory likes this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Think we need to get over it guys.

Arteta and his Gk coach chose Leno. They watched them both everyday for months, countless hours in training and chose Leno.

Also if we sold Leno a German international for Emi on a purple patch and then Emi showed himself to not be a top class keeper...Every one would call us the dumbest club in the world.

SA Gunner, Macho and Malky like this.
  6. Santi's Left Foot

It wasn't an either or decision this summer, Emi would have simply kept his place until proven otherwise.

If Leno wanted to leave next year then so be it.

7. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner Posting While Meditating Trusted

Ok it was a shocking decision ... what now? Handcuff yourself to villa park if you like

8. Trilly

Emi wanted not only to be no1 for a season (which I think the club had no problem doing) but he wanted a no1 contract as well.

That makes him very difficult to sell if it turned out it was a purple patch. You just can’t give out contracts based on a couple months of good form. That was the problem here.

Macho and Malky like this.
  9. Lady_Gooner

I can see how fuming our fans would be. “This club rewarding players yet to prove themselves yet again” “we need to be ruthless in the transfer market”. Honestly it may be the wrong decision but if you can’t see why the board made it I can’t help you

blaze_of_glory, Macho and Trilly like this.
  10. Santi's Left Foot

Villa doubled his contract, we could have too.

There is no point in you lot arguing this, it was a poor decision to sell him. There's not a lot more to say

Raicore likes this.
  11. Trilly

Yep, one of those ones where you take the L if he turns out to be top class. It would have been an insane business decision to give him the contract he wanted.

Lady_Gooner likes this.
  12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I’ll be going to Villa park again once they open up. Very exciting team. Grealish will sort tickets out for me.

13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

What’s more insane is giving a bum like Cedric four years, investing 20M in Mari, investing 20M plus in Willian etc.

14. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Ah so you don’t like it so won’t accept a mistake where it’s there for all to see. No different those those piling on him.

GDeep™ likes this.
  15. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

Thank you.

16. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Exactly this. Once again its a terrible use of resources from a club that cries poor every summer.

Troopz and GDeep™ like this.
  17. Lady_Gooner

hopefully they show you the respect you deserve unlike our fans!

GDeep™ likes this.
  18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

:rofl:

Macho likes this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

I was in the Villa academy. I’m a mini celebrity around here.

20. Trilly

20M in Mari?

I don’t think Cedric is a bad option if it was a ‘we need a back up RB who is happy to play a handful of games a season at minimal cost’.

Those are the type of situations where you use someone like Kia. 4 years being a good or bad idea heavily depends on if we managed to sell him.

Willian isn’t looking great but I thought he was only on 100kpw? I’m still not mad if we signed him to be a no10 but absolute waste of money as a wing option IMO.