<

Bernd Leno: Chosen One

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Aug 18, 2020.

1. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Pray which one would have brought in 20m? I don't disagree with the premise but that wasn't in the cards. All we go were some loan deals. Doubt Xhaka would have generated more max. 10m if we would have put him out for offer.

2. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

What? lol. He's conceded the second least goals of any keeper in the EPL so far this season (Martinez is first).

3. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Leno giving me Almunia vibes

Gooner1988TK and Raicore like this.
  4. Raicore

Raicore Active Member

Need a Leno upgrade next transfer. Havent seen enough but the young Leeds keeper looks a solid keeper in the making..future France number 1

5. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Playing out from the back will guarantee errors like this. I just hope statistics will prevail and this inconsequential one will be IT.

The pressure will always be on Leno, especially we have let an extremely talented and patient Martinez leave. This is where he keeps his head and proves his worth.

Moah likes this.
  6. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He's put us in a bit of a hole. Three times last night, he struggled to clear the ball confidently. We may be forced to go long snd kick away possession. You bet Vardy will be all over him on Sunday. When did he become useless with his feet?

RacingPhoton likes this.
  7. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

He was never that good with his feet, but the forced short build-up is exposing his limitations.

Regretting picking him over Martinez more every day.

If we want a ballplaying GK we should look at Onana.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  8. Malky

Malky Established Member

Can already tell he's going to be the scapegoat for the season.
    Even if he has a MOTM performance on Sunday but Vardy scores with a rocket of a volly into the top corner, from 6 yards, people will still be on here giving it " Yeah but Emi... ", " ****ing Almunia 2.0 "

9. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Capable of unbelievable saves. That double save against Spuds away a couple of seasons ago.. average goalkeepers can't pull that off. He was excellent for us against Liverpool in the Carabao Cup a few weeks ago. His kicking, in the main, has been fine. And other than Sterling's goal last week give me an example of where he'd parried the ball to a strikers feet?

I would like him to catch the ball more often but his preferred method is clearly too punch. Which again, in the main, has been fine. If you keep looking for problems you'll find them. Emi has kept a few clean sheets for Villa but he's also been lucky. Fulham has a goal disallowed by VAR which would've been down to Emi's poor goalkeeping. He also didn't cover himself in glory against Liverpool.

10. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Made a mistake, this **** happens. He’s been consistently good for us and people are forgetting the storming performance he had against Liverpool in the league cup a few weeks ago.

11. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Playing like a goalkeeper who knows he’s #1 no matter what. Rough times ahead for us.

12. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

playing a GK whose confidence is being totally undermined is indeed a worry - fact is everyone remembers the goals unnecessarily conceded and no one remembers the certain goals saved

13. Oh_Snap

Oh_Snap Well-Known Member

? Neuer knows he's Nr1 no matter what, what's your point here?

14. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

People still saying that we needed to sell Emi to get Partey. :lol:

What we needed to do was not waste millions on Kia Joorabachian, or Mari or Cedric, nor Willian. The length of their contracts, age of Willian and wages are ridiculous. Money down the drain.

Mo Britain, Mrs Bergkamp and celestis like this.
  15. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Partey and Gabriel look like good buys. But clubs stand or fall by their decisions and Mari, Cedric, Willian, Luis extension, selling Emi for peanuts :eek:

16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The LDL out in full force today I see, could never be me.

17. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

There was the beautifully parried shot against Sp**s that was perfectly touched on to the player following up. Also the goal he dived over against Wolves was pretty bad.

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

We need it as a team to create space in behind by luring teams into our defensive third. We need it especially because our best player is crap without space.

19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

One thing you can’t deny is that he doesn’t command his box, and never has, and that’s an issue. You also can’t deny he’s not comfortable with the ball like Emi. That’s not an insult or opinion, that’s the situation and it’s not up for debate.

Made 3 mistakes yesterday, which top keepers don’t do in one game, Allison, Ederson etc.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Nobody wants him to be sold or replaced, we have bigger issues in the team to sort out, but we can’t pretend we have a great GK either.